forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

[ Closed ]

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional v2.0

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Forex Strategy Builder Professional v2.0

Hello dear users,

We are extremely proud to announce the release of Forex Strategy Builder Professional v2.0 . The biggest change in the program is the ability to export Expert Advisors for trading in MT4. The program also comes with an updated FSB-MT4 Bridge. There are numerous other issues fixed.

http://forexsb.com/wiki/_media/fsbpro_guide/export_expert_advisor.png?cache=&w=489&h=172&tok=4ac2aa

Release Note:

Forex Strategy Builder Professional exports strategies to MT4 Expert Advisors. The generated EA is fully functional and native mql4 code. You can see the code, compile, debug, run on a demo or real account and test it with the MT Strategy Tester.

FSB Pro installation includes the full source code files of the expert advisor and all included in the distribution indicators. You can export strategies as EAs only if you have all indicators the strategies use in mql code. If you use custom indicators, you have to provide also mql code for those indicators.

Exporting a strategy as Expert Advisor may be the only solution for the cases where you cannot use the FSB-MT4 Bridge.

Change log:

* Added Export Expert Advisor to MT4 command in File menu and on the main toolbar. It exports the current strategy as an EA with the same name to a predefined destination. You set the export destinations in Control Panel → Expert Advisor page.
   * Added Save As Expert Advisor command. You can save the current strategy as an EA to a folder of your choice.
    Added Control Panel → Expert Advisor page. It contains the exporting settings.
   * FSB-MT4 Bridge updated to v8.0. The new code is corrected according to the last standards of MetaQuotes. Added “strict” directive. The code compiles without any errors and warning messages.
   * Added auto update of the local EA MQL code and FSB-MT4 Bridge.
   * The default number of required bars of the Bridge is changed to 1000.
   * “Account Percent Stop” indicator value made decimal from 0.01 to 100.
   * Added “Percent BB” custom indicator in the FSB Pro distribution.
   * Minor code fixes in the following indicators: Fractal, Days of Week, Force Index, Keltner Channel, Moving Average, Steady Bands.
   * Fixed a bug causing a crash when a user clicks on the upper right corner of Opening Point and Closing Point slots.
   * Fixed localization issue with indicator values.

The release is available as a free update to previous FSB Pro version.

All licenses purchased for the previous versions are also valid for FSB Pro v2.0.

Please test the new functionality carefully. We marked it as a Beta for any case.

2 (edited by mathimatikos 2014-12-19 22:49:44)

Re: Forex Strategy Builder Professional v2.0

Popov wrote:

Hello dear users,

We are extremely proud to announce the release of Forex Strategy Builder Professional v2.0 . The biggest change in the program is the ability to export Expert Advisors for trading in MT4. The program also comes with an updated FSB-MT4 Bridge. There are numerous other issues fixed.

I suppose, that running a strategy as an MT4 EA needs less CPU power and Memory.
Is it correct?

Also about the FSB indicators that you kindly uploaded a few weeks earlier
I want to ask you where can I find them converted to MT4 format?
Does MT4 support conditions like "entry time" "day of month" "once a bar"
"account per cent stop"?

Νοῦς ὁρᾶ καί νοῦς ἀκούει.

I suppose, that way needs less CPU power and Memory. Is it correct?

It is correct.

All the MQL code files are in the User Files\MT Files folder.

"account per cent stop"?

Exported EA supports all features of FSB Pro and all included in the distribution indicators.

Popov wrote:

I suppose, that way needs less CPU power and Memory. Is it correct?

It is correct.

All the MQL code files are in the User Files\MT Files folder.

"account per cent stop"?

Exported EA supports all features of FSB Pro and all included in the distribution indicators.

Is that option available to freeware users?

Νοῦς ὁρᾶ καί νοῦς ἀκούει.

mathimatikos wrote:

Is that option available to freeware users?

Yes, the Export EA feature is part of the free (not demo) features

Found a bug that appears on some machines - FSB Pro v2.0 crashes on startup.
If it happens to you, please download a fresh installation file from the download page and reinstall the program.

Forex Strategy Builder Professional is updated to v2.01.
The expert MQL files are updated to v 2

http://s28.postimg.org/7ppapam1l/expert_properties_v2.jpg

This update fixes several minor issues and rare bugs:

-  Activated logging feature of the exported Expert Advisor.
  -  Added units to the trading amount in the expert properties.
  -  Fixed 'Find MT4 Terminals“ button. It does not show repeated locations and fixes a “new line” issue.
  -  Fixed “Add Destination Folder” feature. It doesn't add the Desktop when you cancel the adding.
  -  Fixed a program crash when there are less than 300 bars in the historical data after filtering.
  -  Fixed a crash in Monte Carlo tool when you stop the process before the first calculation is completed.
  -  Fixed a rare exception when “Copy” a strategy to the windows clipboard and it is busy.
  -  Fixed a resizing problem with the Indicator Properties panel.
  -  Added link to the program's release note on the “Updated” message.

The program will be updated automatically. You'll see two update messages - one for the program and one for the MQL files. Be sure that both are updated.

If you want, you can force the autoupdate by deleting the "FSB_Pro_Updater.xml" file form "C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\Versions" folder.
To force the expert MQL files update, delete the "Expert_version.txt" file from "C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL" folder.

Normally the program checks for updates 20-40 seconds after starting.

Expert Advisor MQL Code v3

MQL source codes used for exporting an Expert Advisor was updated to v3.

Fixes:
  -  Fixed reinitialization of the expert on startup.
  -  Code cleanup and minor optimizations.
  -  Fixed Hourly High Low indicator to work properly when FromTime is equal to ToTime.
  -  Improved experts log file digits format.
  -  Fixed resending OrderClose requests when a position is already closed by other means.

You'll receive the update automatically. FSB Pro checks for MQL code updates 20 seconds after startup and also at every 25 hours.

Update is done automatically, does that mean I don't have to close the FSB Pro and restart for the update to take into effect, i.e. I can just continue to use the FSB Pro with no interruption? 

I run my FSB Pro 24hrs throughout the week and sometimes over the weekend...so it's almost 24/7.  So it's troublesome for me to restart the FSB Pro and re-set up and open all the strategies files etc.  It would be good if update doesn't need to restart FSB Pro...but I understand if it is necessary.

When program updates the MQL code you don't need to restart. Just export a new Expert and it will be composed from the new sources.
When the program is updated, you have to restart it in order to run the new exe. However, you may continue running the old version without problems, if you are not effected by the things being fixed in the update (not recommended).

You can also start a new copy of the program without closing the old one. The problem is that you'll not load the last settings changes since the program writes the settings file on closing.

I recommend you to use a separate copy of FSB for trading with the Bridge on a separate computer and you'll not need to restart it very often.

I agree with separate computers for testing and trading, my copmputer that I use for testing is used for several other things and requires reboot almost every day. It also requires some maintenance re Windows garbage that accumulates quickly.

I have a laptop for trading.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

When program updates the MQL code you don't need to restart. Just export a new Expert and it will be composed from the new sources.

Q: Export new Expert?  Does that mean all the old EA that I have exported previously need to be re-exported again to ensure the old exported experts contain the new sources?

hannahis wrote:

Q: Export new Expert?  Does that mean all the old EA that I have exported previously need to be re-exported again to ensure the old exported experts contain the new sources?

You have to re-export the previous Experts.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder Professional v2.0