Topic: Your opinion for using own history data
How do you prefer to use your own history data in EA Studio and also in the other online apps:
1. Upload to EA Studio
- export data from your MetaTrader with script.
- upload the data directly in EA Studio.
- It must be done every time when you load EA Studio
2. Upload to EA Studio. Persist on cloud.
- Upload data as in the first method.
- EA Studio will upload and store the data on the server
+ Access of the uploaded data from anywhere.
- You need to export and re-upload the data for update.
3. Automatic data update from a MT Expert Advisor.
- You will run an EA on your MT with your username and password.
- The EA will collect data from MT and will upload directly to the EA Server.
- You can run the EA one time for an update or to leave it working with a preset time of data upload.
+ You have access to the uploaded data from anywhere
+ The data can be updated automatically and you will have always updated data.
- It will require a little bit more efforts to setup.
- You will need a running MT on your home computer or on a VPS for a periodic data update.
4. Upload FSB Pro data files
- Adding a Symbols config page as in FSB Pro. The settings will remain stored in the browser storage.
- A possibility to insert FSB Pro data files.
+ Working with the FSB .CSV files. No separate export script.
- The uploaded data will be available only for the current session.
Please share your opinion. You can propose also other ideas.
Because it is an important decision and it will work for years I'll wait for at least 10 opinions before starting the implementation.