forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Cloning of a strategy when generator is running.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Cloning of a strategy when generator is running.

If you have a Strategy running in generator mood (I will call it primary strategy) and will point to this strategy and click right mouse button, you can then choose a command “Clone to a new tab” from the menu. But the cloned strategy will be not same as the primary strategy shown in this particular moment. 

Only if you will stop generator, cloning the primary strategy will give the same clone (secondary) strategy. Sometimes, when generator is running, I will see a promising (primary) strategy and should want to play around with the clone of this strategy (and allow generator to continue to work). So I tried to clone primary strategy to work on a copy. But, as I found out, it is not possible. 

Probably this particular primary strategy is available somewhere in the collection, but it is not so easy to find it in a simple way (you can have 100 strategies to check). So cloning is not working properly if generator is running. 

It is of course, a small problem, because stopping of the generator for a moment is a working and valid option. But we have been instructed by Mr. Popov to report our observations  – so I am doing just that.

Re: Cloning of a strategy when generator is running.

It is of course, a small problem, because stopping of the generator for a moment is a working and valid option. But we have been instructed by Mr. Popov to report our observations  – so I am doing just that.

Thank you for your feedback. My goal is to make the program as better as possible and the user's feedback is very valuable to me.

The purpose of the Generator is to create or improve a strategy. It doesn't care of the primary strategy because it uses it only for determining the initial state. You can recover the initial strategy after stopping the Generator by using the Reset button or using Undo.

A good practice is to "Clone" a strategy in a new tab before running the Generator. In that way you can work on it manually in one tab and automatically in another.

You can also prepare an initial state as trading size, profile, account, market, protections... and save it as a Template. You can later open a template easily and run Generator on it.

Mr. Popov, I didn’t succeed to explain what I wanted to say in a clear way.

The generator starts using Strategy Properties (and other properties) defined by the user. But the start values for indicators are always the same – Bar Opening and Bar Closing. During the generator search, FSB program will periodically change those fields, showing a newly found indicator combination.

And it is this new combination which I tried to clone (with generator running).  For example my running generator started from Bar Opening and Bar Closing, but now shows Bollinger Bands, Oscillator of ATR – as logical requirements for opening a position, and Stop Limit as requirement for closing. If I will now point with mouse to the name field of the Strategy and choose to click right mouse button I am allowed to choose command “Clone to New Tab”.  And what I will get as this cloned New Strategy will be not the one which is shown (for a time beeing) as the Strategy.

Please try for yourself; you will immediately see what I mean. (Remember to let generator run during this test).

I understand now. I may change that behavior in the future versions.

The easiest solution for now is to set the same filter and sorting option in the Generator and in the Collection page. The strategy you see in the Generator will be the upper one in the Collection page.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Cloning of a strategy when generator is running.