Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

Thanks Ahmed, I am sure people will appreciate that utility

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Blaiserboy wrote:

Thanks Ahmed, I am sure people will appreciate that utility

Notice
Patch the .csv files not the original .hst to save time

Another request i think it will be useful and time saving
to rank the currencies at right from highest returns to lowest returns
http://s2.postimg.org/526d9qvd1/markets.jpg

Another request i think it will be useful and time saving
to rank the currencies at right from highest returns to lowest returns

I don't think it's practical. Now the legend is ordered according to the tests execution time. FSB doesn't know how the performance will be before the test. I can eventually add a stats table with all test results like the one I'm using for the MonteCarlo Tests (but without the confidence percent).
http://s14.postimg.org/ze3j9m3h9/screenshot_519.jpg

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed FSB Pro Demo and have a couple of requests:

1. Account-Account Settings-Account currency.
Please can you add GBP (I think people really prefer to have info displayed in their own currency).

2. Account-Account Settings.

Please can you add the option to display information in PIPs (I am always referring to PIPs in any discussion I have).

Regards
Paul

For the advanced part of any indicator we have to select it manually

Any plans to automate that part to be run by generator !!!!

Post's attachments

advanced part.gif
advanced part.gif 12.81 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Popov wrote:

Now the legend is ordered according to the tests execution time.

the 1st three legends not the 1st three pairs in chart in matter of timing!!

http://s29.postimg.org/c7j8bv4tf/111.jpg

Return back the : generate from zero profit at every start check box

Hello, Mr. popov.. I wanna to add some useful feedback to make FSB pro more
powerful & usefull..

//Regarding CFD stock index rules & Spec in Alpari UK, n some other broker//
here's the link: http://www.alpari.co.uk/products/cfds-contracts-for-difference/index-specifications
- in the Opening Logic can u make exception in trading time for the third friday (Monday-Friday), in the month of March, June, Sept, Dec
- u should let us customize the point value of every market instrument.  the point value for each stock CFD different. US500 incremental 0.25, UK100 incremental point value 0.5.
- the P/L calculation for CFD = (Price difference/increment)*incremental $value..
  in this example of US500 P/L = (Price difference/0.25) * $12.5. can u make the additional calculation
  for Alpari CFD available in the market instrument?

//Regarding portfolio of strategies, Make additional statistic available pls mr. popov:
- Maximum equity drawdown             - Short & Long equity curve in the chart
- Sharpe ratio                             - Floating equity n balance curve in the chart
- Correlation of different strategies         - Portfolio annualized return
- Portfolio Arithmetic average return     - Portfolio geometric average return
heres's what can make FSB pro more powerful!
- OPTIMIZATION regarding lot allocation in strategy portfolio, to make MAX equity drawdown
  AS LOW AS POSSIBLE (A.L.A.P)!!
- The statistic calculation in portfolio of strategy quite different than I manually calculate
  using excel, can u make the bar explorer export for portfolio of strategy??

//Make additional feature available in FSB pro
- In backtesting area, nobody don't know TRADESTATION. in trade station there's so many feature
  to calculate optimal allocation for each strategy. the 1 feature I desire to have in FSB pro is Kelly
  Criterion
- add Kallman filter.
- please show the date of MAX equity drawdown in % and date of MAX equity drawdown in dollar..
- Sometimes people dont adjust their lotsize daily or at each trade.. in case of me, if my strategy make 100%/year,i will only double my position after the max EQUITY drawdown occur. Make additional feature in Strategy Properties, "Increase lot by ...%, after max equity drawdown occur". based on pseudo random probability, this is very smart to only add position in ur strategy after max E. dd occur.
- in FSB OPTIMIZER max equity drawdown in USD, capped max at $100, can u make the max cap disappear?? make it the max cap is $999.999.999
- the take profit in FSB not to flexible.. make "take profit for . . . % (High-Low) average value from the last . . . bars" % of TP point become flexible cause it calculate from the average of bar High-Low length from the last ... Bars

//Questionable idea
- is it possible to make trendline, support & resistance become more quantitatively/mathematically precise?
  ex: make support at low prices of . . . x bounces.. the low price legally become support if only differ 10% or something
- is it possible for FSB pro to write MQL4 CODE to make EA, Indicator, or Script in Metatrader 4?
- is it possible to make some kind SIMPLE VERSION of Yahoo Messenger, or BlackBerry Messenger for FSB pro? so each user can communicate n share knowledge more freely?

sorry for writing so many things, I just wanna help improve this program..

These are very interesting ideas. I'll start implementing them one by one.

Thx u Mr. Popov.. I'll appreciate ur work.. My background is postgraduate in Finance..

so in Money Management I considered too "strict" n Smart..

Trust me.. when I start making money with FSB pro, I'll donate to u (2 years from now)

when run the generator '' two strategies'' at the same time using one instance  its slower than running  two instances of the software each with one strategy  Is that normal !!!

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

when run the generator '' two strategies'' at the same time using one instance  its slower than running  two instances of the software each with one strategy  Is that normal !!!

It is normal.
The best is a separate machine for generating and editing and a separate machine for trading.
I recommend for generating an Intel i7 with 8GB RAM.

I'm considering to change over to a Xeon workstation. There are very good offers now: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/work … /z420.html It is twice chipper than my current laptop.

I have been also looking, it seems that around $1,500 is required for a suitable system. I had a quote from a local store and also looked on TigerDirect, both similar price. The quote I got was for 16mb ram and a couple extra features.

broker offers different Maximum  limits by one position " which is available in FSB'' also the total number of open trades '' which we donot have ''

Another Cosmetic feature but so important to stop the confusion

To Give the Swap fields a title '' SWAP Long , SWAP Short ''

Because sometimes swap long may be + or - , Swap short May be + or - , some times both are -

Post's attachments

swap.gif
swap.gif 3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

mr. popov pls don't forget implementing my idea about Alpari UK index CFD contract spesification..
Cause I really need it TT....

make Point Value in market instrument changeable (dont just make point value 0.00001, instead we can custom it FREEly to 0.00025).. CFD index in Alpari UK close at the at two business day before the third friday in March, June, Sept, December.. MAKE closing and opening logic that can avoid these time (i.e. close position at that time..)

Hail mr. popov, & development team that create FSB pro.. I wanna share some book that can really "kick-ass" the development of the FSB pro..

the book title is "Trading Systems : A new approach to system development and portfolio optimisation"
author : Emilio Tomasini & Urban Jaekle
we can download this book for free in Scribd

basically the idea behind this book is based on the popular backtesting software pioneer, The Tradestation..

basically the idea that can make FSB pro better is:
- in tradestation, we can see optimization report with 2D or 3D Graph/Chart.. with this feature we not solely looking for optimize input paramenter for indicator, but also consider the robustness for our trading system..

https://scontent-b-nrt.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10647191_4552466425259_5266191732110912115_n.jpg?oh=8b6ce886a09af3850a647967eb942959&oe=547CAC94

https://scontent-b-nrt.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/p417x417/1483094_4552466665265_8231450319226303939_n.jpg

- in tradestation, stop loss n take profit optimization also included with 2D graph

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10570359_4552472225404_6192670028482998352_n.jpg

basically with this NEW added feature for FSB pro, we as systematic trader can avoid "curve fitting/data-fitting" and create more ROBUST system that can more endure future adversity.. what use a system that look spectacular, but actually data-fitting and not useable in the future??

thx for any comment..

MT4 paltform has a feature that supports a partial position closing e.g. if I buy 0.3 lot of the instrument than I can sell 0.1 lot at price x1, 0,1 lot at price x2 and finnaly the last 0,1 lot at price x3. So I dont need to sell the 0,3 lot at once to close the position.

For a more information about the feature please watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8GX2XU_w8
http://www.alpari.co.uk/support/faqs/pl … 4-platform

Not all MT4 brokers support this feature and there could be some minimum position limits.

To improve the FSB Pro I am looking for a advanced take profit-breakeven features:

Senario/feature 1: For example, lets say that the strategy buys a 0,1 lot of the given instrument with a 30 pip stop loss and 40 pip breakeven. After the instrument reaches 40 pip profit then I would like to sell 0,05 lot of the instrument and move the stop loss at breakeven. The intention is to let open the remaining 0,05 lot with secured stop loss at breakeven. The idea is to take partial profits and build a greater future profit potential e.g. take profit 1, take profit 2 etc.

Senario/feature 2: Lets say that the strategy buys a 0,3 lot with stop loss at 30 pips and take profit at 40 pips. In this case I would like to sell only 0.2 lots (2/3) at 40 pips take profit but NOT TO ALTER the initial 30 pip stop loss. The 0,1 lot is remaned open with initaial 30 pip stop loss. Because I have sold 2/3 of the position it is not necessary to move the stop loss at breakevn.

These kind of new features needs a new type of take profit-breakeven orders that let to set multiple take profit targets in relation the the tradable lot sizes.

For more information about the partial closing:
http://www.earnforex.com/blog/partial-p … s-it-work/
http://www.forextrailer.com/partial-close/
http://www.ibfx.com/Tools/Partial-Close-EA

3D graphs can be easily done in Excel.

122 (edited by mygiano 2014-08-28 21:09:58)

1. simple but, please make the Stop Loss as and take profit as low as 1 pip. This not work with broker, but can u programming as virtual TP/SL to auto close position as price move.

2. another best feature to add, link the trader with indicator or funtion which check the very recent news or website that provide future price estimation.

3. why i cant use trailling stop along with any close position??

4. in trader, add a feature to manual confirmation for open an order, and feature expire duration for the confirmation to auto confirm or auto deny

5. in generator there's nice if u can option or checklist in the indicator, which variable/s can changed or not of link indicator, especially advanced setup like shift and timeframe

6. good feature if generator also provide with variable input range not just in optimizer. but another option is to make COMBINATION Generator with Optimizer which, if checked optimize mode, generator only used ranged input variable in optimizer.

7. please add more parameter in search best option, everything in statistic variable can be chosen

Thanks for this Best Software i ever used.. When i get enough profit i'll soon buy this Pro. Very much thank Popov

Would it be possible to add a few more instruments to the data download.....

I would like to see GBPJPY and XAUUSD and someone else would like to have some stock indexes

Thanks

daveM

Especially German DAX would be welcome.

I copied my wishes from another thread where they were rather off-topic:
http://forexsb.com/forum/post/26317/#p26317

@Popov
ad. Analyzer charts (like in FSB freeware).
Monte Carlo in Pro is definitely more powerful, but:
1. The chart in the original Analyzer helped me quickly and clearly see what individual indicators are over-optimized and what indicators overall are more or less robust. In Pro I cannot see this.
2. When using Monte Carlo in Pro, honestly, I do not understand much what most of parameters mean and how I should adjust them in order to provide optimal results. I also do not understand how to interpret the test chart and the stat data table and they should help me to improve the developer strategy. I tried to google some know-how concerning Monte Carlo, but I have not found any deeper information that would help me to understand terminology and method you implemented in FSB Pro.
Could you explain it shortly or send some useful links?

ad. Balance / Equity lines are not currently available in the Indicator chart in Pro (unlike FSB freeware).
I hope you plan to implement it in the future. This is another very important tool I use permanently - I can see in one complex chart how the strategy behaves and if signals perform exactly how I wanted.
(Btw., this complex chart also helped me much to detect the "winner-bug" in June: http://forexsb.com/forum/post/25392/#p25392