The application is coming along very nicely ... please find a couple of ideas/comments below based on my testing of the current FSB Pro release:
Would it be possible to reconsider the way that the 'scanner' process works during the FSB Pro development. At the moment, the process needed to be run whenever we change between different symbols or intervals, but I believe that there is a more efficient way to do this in the new release.
Rather than having the scanner process attached to a strategy, it may be more practical to have this functionality in the 'history center'. This would allow a data scan to be run against the data in a central location, and recorded on disk along with the csv file containing the data.
It should be possible to save a MD5 hash (or similar) in the data file containing the results of the data scan, so we have an easy way to compare if the underlying data file has changed since the last scan.
2. When working on a strategy and opening a specific indicator, there is a blue arrow displayed in the top right of the indicator panel. Possibly this arrow should point to the right (not the left as is currently the case) to show that clicking on it will fold the indicator back into the center of the screen.
3. I received an exception in BacktesterCalculator.cs (Line 1421) when attempting to deleted an indicator (IndexOutOfRangeException). This error can be reproduced as follows:
- Create a strategy that has multiple indicators (EURUSD)
- Make one of the indicators use the 'Indicator Symbol' for another symbol (USDJPY)
- Switch to a data source that does not have the second symbol available (a message is displayed in the Account Statistics window that more data is wanted)
- Delete an indicator from the strategy
4. As the config file saves on close, any changes made in the Control Panel are not saved until close. This may not be an issue during the (stable) production application, although it may be worthwhile saving the config file when certain changes are made in the UI.
5. It may be easier to display the 'Account Statistics' and 'Additional Statistics' in the same panel (with some way to switch between them), as when the 'Additional Statistics' is loaded it takes up additional screen space.
6. The 'Additional Statistics' panel is titled 'Statistics' (this may be intentional).