Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

Hi,
If the following features are available it will be very good.

I descripe my finding process for good strategies.

a) I start Random Generation over night
b) The Fsb generate a list of found strategies for example he found 500 Strategies
The Fsb show me the list, so I can look every equtiy curve and parameter
c) I can mark some strategies and delete this marked strategies
d) I can make a forwardtest with all the selected strategies in this list.
e) in the next step I check every equtiycurve by hand.
f) I mark some good strategies
g) I save the marked strategies as xml in a specific foulder
h) somtimes I make a second forwardtest with differend data

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

See this: http://forexsb.com/forum/post/18451/#p18451

I would like to have a setting for Risk/Reward, so it can automatically try to find the optimal TP/SL for a specified R/R setting.  Another wish is to have different types of Trailing Stoploss, like normal and parabolic and trailing that will start only when position is in profit with a specific amount of pips.  :-). And lastly of course to make use of all cores in my computer, but that has already been said.  Thanks and Good Luck with programming

adding ''time in position'' filter

30 (edited by automated 2013-02-27 22:13:00)

please add pending orders (stop buy, stop sell, limit buy, limit sell)

The application is coming along very nicely ... please find a couple of ideas/comments below based on my testing of the current FSB Pro release:

1. Scanner

Would it be possible to reconsider the way that the 'scanner' process works during the FSB Pro development.  At the moment, the process needed to be run whenever we change between different symbols or intervals, but I believe that there is a more efficient way to do this in the new release.

Rather than having the scanner process attached to a strategy, it may be more practical to have this functionality in the 'history center'.  This would allow a data scan to be run against the data in a central location, and recorded on disk along with the csv file containing the data. 

It should be possible to save a MD5 hash (or similar) in the data file containing the results of the data scan, so we have an easy way to compare if the underlying data file has changed since the last scan.

2. When working on a strategy and opening a specific indicator, there is a blue arrow displayed in the top right of the indicator panel.  Possibly this arrow should point to the right (not the left as is currently the case) to show that clicking on it will fold the indicator back into the center of the screen.

3. I received an exception in BacktesterCalculator.cs (Line 1421) when attempting to deleted an indicator (IndexOutOfRangeException).  This error can be reproduced as follows:
- Create a strategy that has multiple indicators (EURUSD)
- Make one of the indicators use the 'Indicator Symbol' for another symbol (USDJPY)
- Switch to a data source that does not have the second symbol available (a message is displayed in the Account Statistics window that more data is wanted)
- Delete an indicator from the strategy

4. As the config file saves on close, any changes made in the Control Panel are not saved until close.  This may not be an issue during the (stable) production application, although it may be worthwhile saving the config file when certain changes are made in the UI.

5. It may be easier to display the 'Account Statistics' and 'Additional Statistics' in the same panel (with some way to switch between them), as when the 'Additional Statistics' is loaded it takes up additional screen space.

6. The 'Additional Statistics' panel is titled 'Statistics' (this may be intentional).

ab

I would say it would be useful to specify leverage for metals separately.
Now account - in old FSB - has the same leverage for everything.
In fact brokers have usually 2 -4 x times lower leverage for metals.

I would say the most welcomed feature would be
direct import of data from Jforex.
I mean fsb will automatically download and import data for selected timeframe and pair.
Would that be possible?

Delete indicator charts it delete all indicators  it will be nice to make it selective deletion

Increase the number of numerical & list parameter slots

Data import

Perhaps publish instructions as to how to change/locate directories for importing data from different brokers and also files with a suffix.

Windows 7 is sorta weird about user files.

Thanks

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Ok. I'll make instructions soon.

I promise, I'll write one help article every working day from tomorrow smile

For data import, I make input and output folders on my desktop. I export (or copy) the files  from the broker  to the Input folder and use FSB Pro to convert them in the output folder.
Later I make a DataSource for each broker and move the data manually to the final location.

This works for me.

Other option is to set input  and output folders in FSB Pro to the brokers files directly and to the Data Source folder. In that case you'll convert/transfer data with the FSB Pro  tools.
I do not use this method because it will override the existing files and I'll lose them in case of errors.
I manually check every file after the import by using Notepad++.

http://s9.postimg.org/9p7oswicb/screenshot_255.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/54lidyymz/screenshot_256.jpg

For MT4 import, you can set the input from the original hst location. I use MT4 Data Folder options and navigate from there.

http://s9.postimg.org/keldl5u57/screenshot_257.jpg

Wow, this is a simple solution and works perfectly

Thank you...!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hello Pop
May you add these logic's they will response faster to support resistance levels and will be useful in scalping strategies !!!!!

The_bar_travel_above_the_Upper_Band,
i.e : high breach the upper band and return back in the same Candle

The_bar_travel_below_the_Lower_Band,
i.e : Low breach the lower band and return back in the same Candle

BarTravelsAboveIndicatorLogic
i.e : high breach the indicator and return back in the same Candle

BarTravelssBelowIndicatorLogic
i.e : Low breach the indicator and return back in the same Candle

40 (edited by mentosan 2014-04-09 08:59:21)

Mr. Popov, can you please add for the paid PRO variant also the possibility to combine the results of 2 or more strategies? I run 2 strategies into 1 account and it can be very useful for me to see the combination graphic of these.

thanks

mentosan wrote:

Mr. Popov, can you please add for the paid PRO variant also the possibility to combine the results of 2 or more strategies? I run 2 strategies into 1 account and it can be very useful for me to see the combination graphic of these.

Interesting request, mentosan. I join you in this wish.

Popov, would it be possible to add color schemes like in FSB free edition too?

TIA

combine the results of 2 or more strategies?

- definitely I'll add this in some way.

Popov, would it be possible to add color schemes like in FSB free edition too?

- I'll make at least one dark theme later

1) To have trailing stop once a certain profit has been attained eg. kick in Trailing stop when trade is at 150 pts profit.
2) To add in profit protection, i.e. to protect profit if trade reached a certain set level, e.g protect profit=$100 when trade is more than 200pt etc

So ideally, if I'm have an open position right now at +200pt, I would like to protect my profit =100pt (if it dropped to 100pt, the trade closes) and start trailing at 200pt for a 50pts trailing stop.

1- adding maximum loss per trade
2- adding  average winners : average losers

Both will be a very strong filters  i wish to see them soon

Hello Pop

is it logical to have different stop loss points using the break-even as a switch point. !!!!!!

Example at trade entry we have stop loss point No1 '' it will work in the negative territory of the trade'' , then after break-even point  use the same point No1 or change to Stop point No.2 '' that will work in the positive side of the trade'' .

Is it logical to have different stop loss points using the break-even as a switch point. !!!!!!

This is a long time request. It starts sounding logical to me.
I may experiment with a Break Even shift function.
Something like:
Break Even  [100][500]
where 100 is vertical shift in points and 500 is the activation level.
So when the strategy made 500 points profit, a SL at 100 points profit will be placed and we'll have 100 points guaranteed profit. (without swaps or other fees)

It was also requested Looser adding mode. It will be opposite to the Winner mode.
In Looser mode, FSB Pro will add to position only if the market was moved against it. The position will be at a loss, but the adding level will be at a "better" price comparing with the initial entry.

Fantastic

These types of modifications looks like adding a small thinking brain to the software and make it more smarter

Popov wrote:

It was also requested Loser adding mode. It will be opposite to the Winner mode.
In Looser mode, FSB Pro will add to position only if the market was moved against it. The position will be at a loss, but the adding level will be at a "better" price comparing with the initial entry.

That will be interesting to see and check, I've read a lot about averaging losing positions down is not a good trading practice.

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4c3ce62e7f8b9a226e6e0100/the-15-best-things-paul-tudor-jones-has-ever-said-about-trading.jpg

Period converter or better a period builder - the possibility to build higher TF sets from one lower TF set of data, additionally an option to build Pro-native renko, renko hybrid and range bar charts.