Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

Someone else has requested in another thread that Profit Factor be added to FSB Pro.

Can Recovery Factor be added at the same time..

And....

Would it be possible to be able to combine three or four of these results into one to give a broader picture as to the effectiveness of the EA  ie Profit Factor * Sharpe Ratio * System Quality

Thanks for considering those.

Interesting that FSB is about the only generator that allows a person to control drawdown or the ratios... a tremendous time saver..

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

77 (edited by nquental 2014-07-10 09:53:44)

An update on some ideas:

CRUCIAL
- Implement more robust methods of checking over-optimization such as Monte Carlo simulations and sensitivity analyses (as they existed in FSB for example). Also, when optimizing, enable an option to choose parameters when they lead to stable results, while discarding parameters that lead to unstable results (this is related to the sensitivity analysis).

VERY USEFUL
- Devise strategies for more than one instrument at the same time (e.g. SP500 and NASDAQ) - aka portfolio smile  Strategies that perform well in more than one instrument are much more robust.

USEFUL
- When live trading, find a way of tracking the performance of a strategy and check whether is deviates too much for the backtested results. If it does, it's a warning sign!

- Devise strategies using custom data sources such as VIX, Advance/Decline numbers, or economic data (more difficult or impossible to auto-trade though)

Best,
Nuno

I'll add many analyzing tools after the final release.

It will be useful if you point good examples as other products, articles, algorithms, screenshots...

FSB Pro is designed in such a way that allows almost unlimited expansion.

There used to be a panel on the right hand side which gave statistics, both long and short for the straegy... has that been taken away...... or. how do I get to see it..?

OOOPs, found my error. it is located as 'Additional Statistics' in the VIEW menu...

Is there any way to make 'take profit' less than 5 pips.??

The limit of FSB Pro is 5 points (0.5 pips for 5 digit quotation).  I don't think you can set lower levels in MT4.

If you send an order with SL and TP, the expert will check the minimum allowed distance and will correct it.

You can test it with sending a manual order. You can set there SL and TP of 1 point.

I buy 0.001 lot at 1.35914 with SL 1 point (1.35893) and TP of 1 point (1.35924). I have 20 points spread.

The expert checks the minimum span and corrects the order accordingly:

SL to 1.35864 and TP to 1.35924.

It seems that the minimum SL and TP for Alpari is 30 points.

http://s7.postimg.org/4ydh25a47/screenshot_475.jpg

Popov wrote:

It will be useful if you point good examples as other products, articles, algorithms, screenshots...

Thanks, when I find something that could be useful I will share. For me the most crucial thing is really to minimize over-optimization. I think it's the biggest problem we all have. Naive people might thing they have found a wonderful strategy when it's crap.

You could implement probably the best existing research in this area:
http://www.financial-math.org/software/http://www.financial-math.org/software/

I've already shared the paper mentioned in the link above.

Cheers
N.

The best thing that I have found to avoid over optimization is an equity curve over several years. I quite agree that many systems look brilliant and then they are found to be crap. I. personally have made many of those only to be disappointed.
I would like to be able to use many more bars in FSB, however, processing is slow when I get over 100,000 bars, I do not know how to overcome that.

Thanks for the article....

daveM

I think Popov wants to make sure that the FSB Pro does what we need it to do... and he needs a lot of people testing daily so as to discover any little bugs that may exist.

This software is pretty powerful and can already do many things, but it is easy to have little critters hiding in its complexities.

nquental wrote:
Popov wrote:

Thanks, when I find something that could be useful I will share. For me the most crucial thing is really to minimize over-optimization. I think it's the biggest problem we all have. Naive people might thing they have found a wonderful strategy when it's crap.

Cheers
N.

There is a software called 'SQ EA Analyzer' that I use to check my Ea's..... and Popov is going to implement some of the features of that program into FSB Pro when time allows, but he has a huge 'to do' list.

Blaiserboy wrote:
nquental wrote:
Popov wrote:

Cheers
N.

There is a software called 'SQ EA Analyzer' that I use to check my Ea's..... and Popov is going to implement some of the features of that program into FSB Pro when time allows, but he has a huge 'to do' list.

Thank you, it seems quite useful! Is it easy to work with? Of course I would prefer to avoid switching back and forth between FSB and MT4, but it's a workaround before the final release is there.

I'll implement many of the SQ Analyzer functions in FSB Pro.

Option to enter trade within some time period of the day, i.e. when trading time in London, US, etc between US trading time zone eg 8am till 4pm

hannahis wrote:

Option to enter trade within some time period of the day, i.e. when trading time in London, US, etc between US trading time zone eg 8am till 4pm

We can use 'Entry Time' and if you want a few different periods we can use Logical Operators.

90 (edited by hannahis 2014-07-16 19:19:13)

Oh yes, right before me eyes.  So stuck with always using the opening bar as the options that I forgot to look into this entry hour.  Thanks for the reminder.

One very useful feature in Strategy Quant Analyzer is the 'Stagnation' marker in the equity chart.

I am wondering if you can include this in future and have it included in the repository criteria.....

My thinking is that the desirable quality of an ea is continually increasing balance without significant drawdown.. stagnation reveals this quickly and would be most useful

Thanks for considering

daveM

One very useful feature in Strategy Quant Analyzer is the 'Stagnation' marker in the equity chart.

It is exactly what I plan to do later. Even more, I'll add max Stagnation to the Acceptance Criteria.

Popov wrote:

It is exactly what I plan to do later. Even more, I'll add max Stagnation to the Acceptance Criteria.

Super......  thanks..!!

Dear Popov

Regarding this idea:
Devise strategies for more than one instrument at the same time (e.g. SP500 and NASDAQ) - aka portfolio. Strategies that perform well in more than one instrument are much more robust.

Do you have an idea when this would be possible? Or if it will be available in a future version? I understand this poses some challenges in terms for example of SL and TP, which should be based on % change so they can be comparable across instruments.

Devise strategies for more than one instrument at the same time (e.g. SP500 and NASDAQ) - aka portfolio. Strategies that perform well in more than one instrument are much more robust.

This absolutely doable. I think to implement it before the final release. I'll add an additional page (below Comparator page) where a user may select all (or some of) symbols from the current Data Sorce and FSB Pro will load and backtest them one by one. I think to add a common chart (as in Comparator) for all symbols and also separate statistics and balance charts for all symbols. Even we can think for a Red/Yellow/Green fitness semaphore for visual representation than can  depends on the discrepancy percent. Lets say Balance discrepancy < 20% Green. 20 < Delta < 30 - Yellow and >30 Red.

Popov wrote:

This absolutely doable. I think to implement it before the final release. I'll add an additional page (below Comparator page) where a user may select all (or some of) symbols from the current Data Sorce and FSB Pro will load and backtest them one by one. I think to add a common chart (as in Comparator) for all symbols and also separate statistics and balance charts for all symbols. Even we can think for a Red/Yellow/Green fitness semaphore for visual representation than can  depends on the discrepancy percent. Lets say Balance discrepancy < 20% Green. 20 < Delta < 30 - Yellow and >30 Red.

Well that would be a awesome improvement and would put FSB in competition with many other packages. But as I said you need to work out the SL/TP/BE because to be comparable across instruments they cannot be based on points, they would need to be based on % of the price for example, and then converted to points by FSB itself.

In a way, we already have that capacity, in that we can build an EA in one instrument and then load the data for the other.

By using the Collections and using similar parameters we can develop pretty close to actual solutions.

What I have observed from the high priced packages is that they get a good solution once in a while, just as we get a good solution once in a while.

Some of the packages are much slower to develop solutions and require huge amounts of processing time compared to FSB Pro to arrive at similar results.

I have a good collection of software for purpose of developing ea's and I am pretty satisfied with what FSB Pro turns out in comparison with others.

Once the stagnation chart is available we will be able to compare many instruments and therefore know the robustness.

HEllo Pop and fantastic work as usual
But i have a huge problem with two brokers i have live account with them
they name their pairs differently by adding prefix to the pair name so the .hist file cannot be readed or even exported

Example : AUDJPYmicro60.hst

Another Example EURUSD..60.hst

So Plz May you add an additional step in the '' MT4 HST Import '' to fix the name of the pair

My idea is to : remove from the n character to n+ character  from the pair name in the imported HST file so the pair name will be clean and ready to be   readed by FSB pro

Thanks in advance

Hello Ahmed, this will not be a priority work now. You can make a console batch script for renaming these files.

See here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/111859/how-to- … ple-files/
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr … 15353.aspx
http://superuser.com/questions/16007/ho … party-tool

Popov wrote:

Hello Ahmed, this will not be a priority work now. You can make a console batch script for renaming these files.

See here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/111859/how-to- … ple-files/
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr … 15353.aspx
http://superuser.com/questions/16007/ho … party-tool

I found an excellent bulk renamer  called advanced renamer it works fine and its free
http://www.advancedrenamer.com/ hope that help people here