forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

[ Closed ]

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder v2.56 Final

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Forex Strategy Builder v2.56 Final

Forex Strategy Builder v2.56 has many improvements and bug fixes, comparing with the previous FSB v2.12.

The most important features are:
- Introducing logical groups;
- Better strategy Generator;
- Better charts;

Another changes are:
- Switching to default 5 digit quotation;
- Adding evaluation criteria to the Optimizer and Generator;
- Many smaller improvements and bug fixes.

The instalator checks the Windows version and the type of your peocessor and if they support 64 bit, the program is installed in the C:\Program Files folder. If you have previous installation in C:\ Program Files (x86), you have to remove it manually.

For the full list of changes see the ReadMe file of the program.

There are three new features of the strategy Generator from the last FSB v2.55 RC2:
- Filter bad OOs performance option;
- Filter non-linear balance performance option;
- Hide / Show FSB button.

The new options will be soon explained in the Strategy Generator page.

http://s3.postimage.org/BStni.jpg

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v2.56 Final

Impressive!

I'm very happy to get the final version  big_smile smile

Hi Mr. Popov,

I have tried to install the newest version of Builder but my windows says the "setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program". Anybody else with this problem? Older versions work properly.

Thanks for your help

Try to download the file again but after cleaning the cache of the browser or by using different one.
After downloading the program, you can compare the MD5 sum of the file with that shown in the download page. I'll attach a MD5 checker in the download page.

It works pefectly now. Thanks a lot for your help and congratulations for your project, it still makes me have faith!!!

Forex Strategy Builder was updated to v2.56.3.0

A bug is fixed in this release - backtester repeats closing orders when the strategy contains several satisfied "Closing Logic Conditions". The bug coses warning messages in the Generator - "Index outside of the bounds of an array"

The bug was reported by fxwinner.

Hmmmm...perhaps I installed wrong or something, but getting MANY errors that I did not get before. 

"Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
There is an error when calculating the following indicators:
Fractal Dimension Index
Hilbert Channel
Butterworth Filter
Super Smoother
Ehlers Filter

Please report this error to the author of the indicators!
You may remove this indicators from the Custom Indicators folder"

--What's going on?  These seem to all be the custom indicators.  Are they not properly implemented or am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE:  Removed all custom indicators, but still getting MANY pop-up saying:

"Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array."

This never happened before...using same data set.  What is the problem here?

FURTHER UPDATE:  Okay...perhaps data got corrupted with new install.  After completely wiping the Data folder and re-saving my data, things seems to be working properly...custom indicators and all.  Will continue to monitor, but no news is good news!

I tested the Generator with more than 1 mil calculations without problems.

If you experience any bugs or strange behaviour with the original data set, please report it and attach the strategy file and the config.xml file.

If the issue appears with other data, please attach also the corresponding data file and instruments.xml file.

Please give more detailed description about the Filter non-linear balance pattern option.

In user manual there are such an desfription: "Filter non-linear balance pattern option checks the balance line in a number of control points. Only startegies that do not deviate with more than the percent chosen are accepted."

What are thos control points ? I have tried this several times, but I'm not sure that I get it right.

Hi Popov,

After I installed this new version, I encountered a 2 issues:
1.  My saved strategies which showed profit in the past, now after I open with this new version, shows different results, either margin call, lost or lesser profit.

2. There is something wrong with the Strategy Properties section.  Under the % of lots for new position.
I kept getting different results with the percentage.  For example, if I use 5% I'll get result A and later as I change to no. of max lots and then I change back to 5% again, I'll get different results (even though all the other inputs remain the same).  I kept getting varies results even with the same percentage of lots use.  Or I'll save the same strategy in 2 different file names.  And yet with the same percentage, I'll get different profit levels.

1.  My saved strategies which showed profit in the past, now after I open with this new version, shows different results, either margin call, lost or lesser profit.

The reason can be overwritten data files or instrument settings. Please update the data file ad check the market settings again.

2. There is something wrong with the Strategy Properties section.

I cannot reproduce the error. Please make screen shots and attach the strategy. Please also describe the steps of change and the received result.

14 (edited by Czaman 2010-12-19 10:22:48)

After installed and folow all instruction on video the FTS still disconnected please advise.

After I installed this new version I saw that the strategy generation become much much slower that with the previous version. Did anybody encounter the same problem? What can I do to get faster the generation process?

fabfx wrote:

After I installed this new version I saw that the strategy generation become much much slower that with the previous version. Did anybody encounter the same problem? What can I do to get faster the generation process?

Turn off logical groups.

hello everybody, how many strategy i can use wish strategy builder one time?

mariukas wrote:

hello everybody, how many strategy i can use wish strategy builder one time?

Please rephrase the question.

i can use just one strategy wish Forex Strategy Trader. and maby you know how i can make exe file wish strategy builder?  thank you

when i open one strategy wish  Forex Strategy Trader and mt4, how i can open one more strategy with Forex Strategy Trader?

mariukas wrote:

when i open one strategy wish  Forex Strategy Trader and mt4, how i can open one more strategy with Forex Strategy Trader?

Open several FSTs with different IDs.

thank you

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder v2.56 Final