Re: FSB Wish List - Requested features

raoula wrote:

My understanding of MT 4 is that it is the actual trading platform, and the FST plugs into MT4 to perform the trades based on strategies built in FSB.  I have an MT4 indicator called bungee plus which I am sure others have come across, which I would like to create a strategy on.  It has a combination of a number of indicators such as RSI, Williams and Stochastic.  I have noticed it is hard to get the FSB stochastic indicators returning the same lines as the bungee plus (especially the slow %D).  Given this is all statistical data based on historical data, I am not quite sure how optimism and pessimism plays into it.  I would have expected the FST to work on MT4 data as that is the actual live trade information that is going on, whereas I can understand FSB being slightly different with historic info as it doesn't have the brokers in the middle of it and their historical data.

What would be really handy is to be able to create strategies based around custom MT4 indicators such as the bungee plus, which may be coded slightly differently to produce a variant of the original indicator.  A couple of other "Wish List" items I have are:
- Being able to create a strategy that incorporates 2 different indicators in the one variable (eg. When the %k of the Stochastic line crosses the RSI in an upward direction AND %K is less than or greater than a certain value)
- Being able to set custom formulas for pivot points and then be able to use these figures to determine SL and TP points for actual trades

1. Regarding the "optimism and pessimism" - you are correct in that sense that it is all based on data, but you forget the interpolation of that data. In some instances it is not possible to commit perfectly correct backtest, this means ambiguouty, in other words result can be a win but it can be a loss as well. So you need to have a backtesting method which results can be reproducable (the foundation of science!). In FSB you have a selection of interpolation methods which include pessimistic and optimistic among a few others.

2. Your favourite indi must be ported to C#, then you can test the living day light out of it. The same applies to all other cutom indis in mq4 and formulas.

3. Combining different logics into one indi is a good idea, and you are not the first one to come up with it. I suggest you post this idea to FSB Pro wish list section, maybe the developer has a good idea to make it happen.

footon i'd really love to hear/read why you downvoted my post. I'm almost sure there's something wrong with it and I'd love to know what it is wink please explain. I'm not any good at the thing so.. go ahead and share your knowledge with me smile

Cheers!

yavor99 wrote:

[As far as I know MT4 is showing much more optimistic results so you can easily be lured to trade no matter if you lose money.

This is not exactly true. One well written expert advisor on MT will show correct result. The real problem is that there are special cases that have to be found out and calculated correctly (which is not the case of 90% of publicly available experts).

One example is the following logic:
Buy at Open(t) when Close(t) > Open(t)
Obviously, we don't know Close price at bar opening and we cannot live trade this logic. But we can perfectly fine write such logic in an expert and MT will not complain. On the other hand, FSB will not allow you to make such strategy.

I can say that MT4 provides almost unlimited possibilities to a skilfully and experienced trader/programmer. But , as we know, great power comes with great responsibility. It's not difficult to make a logical error in the coding.

FSB allows limited possibilities (due to the limited slots and logical conditions), but up to the limit of my knowledge and understanding, it's not possible to make and test a logically incorrect strategy which produces a false backtest.

Popov wrote:
yavor99 wrote:

[As far as I know ....

This is not exactly true....

any way to make generator resume the last process when we close the software and reopen it

The available feature now is generate a new strategy at every start if checked so it will start a new generation , if not checked so it will resume the last generation but with one condition'' the software didnot close''

lets say when we re open FSB and press generate so we receive a msg before generation a new strategy { do you wish complete last generation?}

Post's attachments

generator1.jpg
generator1.jpg 3.71 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

any way to make generator resume the last process when we close the software and reopen it ...

The generator doesn't start at a known point and then work through from start to finish in a way that can be tracked to perform a 'resume' in this way (ie. the starting point is random).  The underlying design of the process doesn't allow for this to be implemented unfortunately.

May be worth putting this into the FSB Pro wish list if you feel that it would be a valid inclusion.

another option needed its not a portfolio testing but at least it will find strategies that give positive returns for the majority of instruments easily

generator use one currency per strategy and if we need to test the same strategy on other currencies we go to currency drop list and manually go one by one

so if we have an additional step to automate that process instead-of manual selection of currency by currency it will be better 

this will test the winner strategy against the whole currencies we have  and show it as a column graph 1st column is the total returns followed by currencies  one by one  and from that step we can build a new top ten list for strategies as a total returns for the selected portfolio

is it applicable?

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

another option needed its not a portfolio testing but at least it will find strategies that give positive returns for the majority of instruments easily

generator use one currency per strategy and if we need to test the same strategy on other currencies we go to currency drop list and manually go one by one

so if we have an additional step to automate that manual selection of currency by currency it will be better 

this will test the winner strategy against the whole currencies we have  and show it as a column graph 1st column is the total returns followed by currencies  one by one  and from that step we can build a new top ten list for strategies as a total

is it applicable?

Yes, I think this will be (eventually) possible but not in the current FSB as the application can only have one currency loaded at a time.

In the future, FSB Pro will have a multi-threaded generator so it should be possible to do something like this.  In theory at least, we could have the main generator thread running on currency #1, and when it finds a good strategy another backtester thread is launched to test against currency #2.

could we have a predefined groups of selected indicators in the generator window , it will make the fsb handy and more easier to use

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

could we have a predefined groups of selected indicators in the generator window , it will make the fsb handy and more easier to use

smile

I'm thinking about this these days. I think to make Generator models or templates (in FSB Pro).

Popov wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:

smile

I'm thinking about this these days. I think to make Generator models or templates (in FSB Pro).

fantastic 
also another idea regarding to '' strategy properties window''  which if we think to rename it , it will be Money management window smile 

the idea is making different predefined profiles from that specific window to test same strategy with different appetites of risk taking '' changing maximum number of open slots'' and/or '' high frequency trading appetites by altering ''handling of additional entry signal'' 

thanks in advance

While we are discussing a number of revisions, could it be that some of them are developed in a package that can be an add on so as to not hinder development of the new program.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Adam (ab) is developed custom sorting algorithm with different criteria for Generator Top10. I'll include it in the FSB release this week.

Blaiserboy wrote:

While we are discussing a number of revisions, could it be that some of them are developed in a package that can be an add on so as to not hinder development of the new program.

it will be a nice addition as a concept to expand the program functionality with add-ons  especially for functions hard to be added to the core program

Popov wrote:

Adam (ab) is developed custom sorting algorithm with different criteria for Generator Top10. I'll include it in the FSB release this week.

The feature that Popov have mentioned has some initial screenshots and ideas at http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/4033/cus … generator/ for anyone who is interested.  Once the code has been incorporated into the main release I will get some documentation completed.

Blaiserboy wrote:

The custom generator sorting mentioned above uses an external DLL file for the calculations, allowing for the code in the DLL file to be modified externally to the main FSB release to do exactly what Blaiserboy is suggesting.  While this is not really a 'Plugin' or 'Addin' that will be available in FSB Pro, the concept is similar.

Trading size default parameters to be determined by user

Post's attachments

Trading Size.jpg
Trading Size.jpg 26.27 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You can make this. Save your desired strategy configuration as New.xml.

I have saved a few basic setups that I work from

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Popov wrote:

You can make this. Save your desired strategy configuration as New.xml.

So i save some new empty strategies with different strategy properties and when starting new simulation i recall the needed one and start to add other slots !!!!

lots of time we find a good equity curve but when look  in details we find all winners come from one side only longs or only shorts

Could we have a function '' optional function'' use the AND concept so we have both longs and shorts as two separate groups  this will let us force the generator to find a strategy contains winners in longs and shorts  instead of the total equity curve

Post's attachments

Equity Curve.jpg
Equity Curve.jpg 25.45 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Could we have a function '' optional function'' use the AND concept so we have both longs and shorts as two separate groups  this will let us force the generator to find a strategy contains winners in longs and shorts  instead of the total equity curve

The first that come in my mind is to simply measure % difference between both balance lines

delta = 100 * Abs(Green-Red) / Balance;

[x ]Max red / green balance deviation % [40 ]     ---> delta < 40

Popov wrote:

The first that come in my mind is to simply measure % difference between both balance lines

Sure you  donot direct this delta thing idea  to me smile 

But i wish that idea to be implemented it will add dramatically to the quality of generated strategies
consider that : one strategy with win/loss ratio for longs > 80 AND at the same time with win/loss ratio for shorts > 80 ...... etc .

ahmedalhoseny wrote:
Popov wrote:

Sure you  donot direct this delta thing idea  to me smile 

But i wish that idea to be implemented it will add dramatically to the quality of generated strategies
consider that : one strategy with win/loss ratio for longs > 80 AND at the same time with win/loss ratio for shorts > 80 ...... etc .

i think i got the point now  , that concept will work with the end point of each curve of three as a total  but will not measure deeply the controlling factors  '' limitations'' so it will a part of a bigger solution

Opening data directory needs to be more flexible  , if we have more than one folder we have to swicsh manually and select the different path every time  , could you addan option to save many folders to be shown in a drop list and just selecting the folder name from that drop list !!!!

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

Opening data directory needs to be more flexible  , if we have more than one folder we have to swicsh manually and select the different path every time  , could you addan option to save many folders to be shown in a drop list and just selecting the folder name from that drop list !!!!

This is a feature that will be built into FSB Pro.  There will be a way to create multiple shortcuts to FSB with different data directories in v2.8 (using a custom config file), but this is probably not a feature that will be built into FSB.