Re: FSB Wish List - Requested features

Popov,

I started testing FSB a few weeks ago and it was overwhelming at first, but now I LOVE the power it brings!

Two things that might be useful in the Strategy Generator:

1.  A pause button.  Leads into the next item.

2.  Export the current strategy to XML.  I may see several promising strategies in the Top 10 that I would like to tweak later.

P.S.  Last night I began live testing a strategy I have been tinkering with for many months that FSB helped me dial in.

One more for the wish list:  multi-core processor support

Have a great weekend everyone.

jayman wrote:

One more for the wish list:  multi-core processor support

Have a great weekend everyone.

I am almost certain that Popov has incorporated multiprocessor in Pro version which is still in development....

I would really appreciate that also...

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Drawdown

This is a whole number at present  , would it be possible to make it a decimal number ie 0.03 as the difference is sizeable

Thanks for your consideration

Very needed option is trades/per day.
The same criterio as profit per day but it will be number of trades per day or even per 1 time frame.
So like 0.15 trade per 15 minutes.
And no limit like 1000.

How much risking''as a %'' of equity on every trade!!!!! is that option available

I can change trade size to percentage.
So I would not trade 1 lot but 1%
However i can't change the limit of trade size - it is fixed in lots. That is not logical.
Allow change to % as well

However i can't change the limit of trade size - it is fixed in lots.

This behaviour is intentional.

Popov wrote:

However i can't change the limit of trade size - it is fixed in lots.

This behaviour is intentional.

I would say it is correct.

Scenario #1
I would like to open max 100 positions of 0.01 lot. So i used fix lot size 0.01 and max number of open lots 1. So i get 100 trades of 0.01. Perfect.

Scenario #2
I would like to open max 100 positions of 0.1 %. How can i do so when balance an equity is multiplying in time (at least in FSB)?

I would like to open max 100 positions

Max lots doesn't limit number of positions but number of lots. FSB / FST uses always one position (despite of MT4 interpretation.) There is no such therm as "multiple positions" in FSB / FST.

Would it be possible to have a maximum number of open orders in FST so that we do not open too many orders at the same time.?

Thanks

Would it be possible to have a maximum number of open orders in FST

As I said before, FST opens always only one order. It has no idea how broker (MT4) opens or keeps it.

You can implement such functionality in the expert. It must not be difficult to do it. Use an external parameter to enter the max number of open "orders" by MT4. After that check if the number of open orders is above the set limit. If so, cancel adding of more lots in ManageOrderSend method (line 662 of the expert)

In the case where we are running many many EA's it would be good to have some control as to the maximum number of orders open. I hoped that we could somehow preset the maximum number of orders in FST and that it would poll MT4 to do the count and then forbid new orders from opening.

When running 30 or 40 Ea's, it is most difficult to be going into the code for each one and then having different criteria for another group of EA's.

the criteria min number of trades could it be the actual trades '' longs + shorts ''

could we have min time in position filter

Thanks

Gross loss : Gross profit Ratio as a filter

account % stop indicator to be in the criteria section

Hi All,

Is it possible to add a provision for multiple “CLOSING POINT OF POSITION” parameters?

For example, a closing point could refer to either a TP or SL level. If using PIVOTS for example, It may require 2 or more closing points,       e.g. for a buy at the pivot;

**CLOSING POINT OF POSITION    to be AT EITHER

Closing point #1 = Close long at R1 (a target position)
   **OR
Closing point #2 = Close long at S1 (a Stop position)      (as supposed to using a FIXED SL value as can be set in “properties”)
   **OR
Closing point #3 = Day Close     if the position hasn't been realized (+ve or –ve) by end of the day via TP or SL, close out the position.

***A permanent Stop can also be applied as added security if so desired.

For a strategy we tend to have one signal by which we make the decision to buy/sell.  Typically however, when managing a trade we may have a number of signals by which we would look to close (whether we’re positive or negative).

I hadn't seen this one covered so hopefully it's not a repeat.

I noticed FxWinner posted

"1. Extend Closing logic not only AND but OR as well, as when TP/SL added, sometimes only 1 or 2 indicators can be added. "

this would apply to adding multiple "closing points" rather than just closing logic (where each closing point has it's own closing logic conditions, as the current one does). Perhaps the additional Closing Points could be added when required from an "add closing positions" button so as not to clutter the current FSB screen?

I understand FSB 3.0 is already out, but I just got onto this forum recently and thought I'd put forward the request anyway. If people may find this provision worth while it could be considered at a later date.

Cheers,

Time expiry for pending orders it will be a viable addition

Example : if the trade triggered in the next 2 bars it is a valid trade or it canceled

FSB Doesn't use pending orders.

396 (edited by rsejoo123 2013-09-14 15:48:00)

really nice program. but why is min trades limited to 1000? would be nice if value for min trades were higher

rsejoo123 wrote:

really nice program. but why is min trades limited to 1000? would be nice if value for min trades were higher

No particular reason. Only it sounds enough high for me. Higher count of trades means larger spread paid and also less time for the position to develop and to gain profit.

1000 trades on 50,000 bars would seem to be excessive considering that many trades will last for 50 or 60 bars.
To get the large number of trades a user can set tight parameters especially take profit or beak even.

A smaller number of bars, eg 20,000 will allow a user to see the parameters generated and those can be applied to a larger sample.

Blaiserboy wrote:

1000 trades on 50,000 bars would seem to be excessive considering that many trades will last for 50 or 60 bars.

i think system generated on lower timeframes m1,m5,m15 could easily reach 1000 trades on 50000 bars.

Blaiserboy wrote:

To get the large number of trades a user can set tight parameters especially take profit or beak even.

i'll try this

rsejoo123 wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:

i think system generated on lower timeframes m1,m5,m15 could easily reach 1000 trades on 50000 bars.

Blaiserboy wrote:

i'll try this

Perhaps as you gain experience you will understand what  I am saying and realize that you do not need numbers greater than 1000, you will see that you rarely need a number as high as 500.

I am usually running 4 instances of FSB 24/7 and I have not seen anything close to 500 on 5 minute.