Re: Users' Questions and Answers

Great program!
With a 5 digit broker should the spread be set to 5.00 or 50.00 to represent a 5 pip spread?

http://s3.postimage.org/30y05cfpg/spread.jpg

In FSB v2.57.11 the minimum starting account is lowered to $100.

For 5 digit broker the spread must be set to 50 pips, which is equal to 5 pips for a 4 digit broker.

Hello!

At the begining I'd like to thank You Mr. Popov for Your programs, i really appreciate Your work.

I have some questions about strategy tester. My quality model is 90,9% (M5 data was downloaded from 4 digit broker but M1 from 5 digit), does it change the result, should I use both timeframes data from the same broker?
I realize that Your program checks the equity on every bar, so is it possible to check the balance on 1M bars for 5M TF or it is pointless? 

Have a nice day!

The BUY conditions are linked by "ANDS"

The SELL conditions are linked by "ORS"

The "OR" condition pulls the plug at the first sign of trouble.

Would it be possible to make this condition user selectable or at least to have a permanent "and" for the
sell condition.

Fascinating software!

redpigg wrote:

The BUY conditions are linked by "ANDS"

The SELL conditions are linked by "ORS"

Would it be possible to make this condition user selectable or at least to have a permanent "and" for the
sell condition.

What you call BUY and SELL is actually OPENING and CLOSING conditions, because we have also sell entry and buy exit.

You can alter the logical behaviour by using "Logical Groups".
We have AND inside a group, and OR between the groups.

The "OR" condition pulls the plug at the first sign of trouble.

Safety First!! - difficult entry and easy exit.

footon wrote:

Data should be from one broker only, it's more reliable that way.

Why check the balance more often than once a bar? It's not simply achieveable I'm afraid.

Thank You for Your answer.

I was not sure if the FTB checks the balance on every timeframes, but I checked that, and it does. So i can asume strategy tester in FTB is more  accurate than MT4. Now it is time to test it.

Have a nice day.

snorri wrote:
footon wrote:

Data should be from one broker only, it's more reliable that way.

Why check the balance more often than once a bar? It's not simply achieveable I'm afraid.

Thank You for Your answer.

I was not sure if the FTB checks the balance on every timeframes, but I checked that, and it does. So i can asume strategy tester in FTB is more  accurate than MT4. Now it is time to test it.

Have a nice day.

Initially I attempted to correlate Mt4 with FSB and found that it is faster to use FSB and also much more informative to use FSB metrics.

I anticipate that as time passes, the metrics of FSB will be even better, especially when people start to assist with the programming

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I have not been here for a while.  I just downloaded version 2.57.21 beta.   When I try to run the software, I get an error message "FSB has encountered a problem and needs to close..."  Can you advise how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Steve

134 (edited by Steveg 2011-04-10 00:27:08)

footon: Thank you for responding.  I am sorry to say I have struggled trying to post a screen shot without success.  The message looks like a standard Microsoft message, which has an option of sending an error report to Microsoft.  The key message is: "Forex Strategy Builder has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We (FSB insert) are sorry for the inconvenience."

There is a lot of data that can be sent to Microsoft. 

Discretion being the better part of valor, I may just punt.  I am able to successfully download Forex Strategy Builder to my laptop.   I should be able to use it just fine.

Steve

What am I doing wrong? My generator do nothing. I have uninstalled and re installed the program twice, still no luck. The number of calculations keeps increasing so I'm guessing it is calculating strategies. However, the balance/equity chart is blank. I also have set the working time to 0 and next day number of calculations showed several thousands, but chart is blank and no strategy was generated. Last thing I did, I loaded an existing strategy in the generator and hit generate to see if something happens, again nothing. I have used the program without any setting adjustment, just as it was installed, changing settings, loading a new datafile from my Meta Tader and I can make this thing to do anything. Any thoughs?

Post a screenshot of your generator and its settings, and is the main balance/equity chart and journal also blank?

After 237 calculations and 5 mins this is what I got:

http://s3.postimage.org/251ns2t50/FSB_Screenshot.jpg

and this are the limitations

http://s3.postimage.org/251xpaw3o/FSB_Screenshot_2.jpg

237 calculations in 5 minutes is quite low, actually very low, if you try the following - choose a higher timeframe, untick all limitations -, does it make a difference?

Thank You Footon, that did the trick. I uncheck all limitations and now I'm getting strategies at the 7th calculation (+/-). It worked even in the 1 min timeframe. Do you have any idea what limitation is causing this?. Anyway, I'll play with the check-uncheck to see which one is the culprit.
I think the limitation with the ambiguous bar is the one. I think my data is not that good sad

I went back to try to install Forex Strategy Builder on my desktop computer.  When I try to run the program it says netframe v. 2 is required.  I am then directed to the Microsift website to download netframe.  It appears to install okay.  But when I again try to run FSB, I get the same error message (i.e., program needs Netframe to fun).  I've also tried to update Netframe 2, but the updates do not install.  For the moment, this appears to be the problem interferring with my ability to use FSB.  Any further suggestions appreciated.  I have no idea why I continue to get the same error message (program needs Netframe 2) after presumably having installed it. 

An additional note: When I download Netframe, I am given two options.  One is to "repair" Netframe, the other is to Uninstall Netframe.  I select the "repair" option.

Thank you.

Steve

Why does Parabolic Stop and Reverse appear on the indicators list when inputting Buy conditions, but not on the indicator list when determining closing positions?

Steveg wrote:

Why does Parabolic Stop and Reverse appear on the indicators list when inputting Buy conditions, but not on the indicator list when determining closing positions?

I think you will find Parabolic SAR under  'Closing Point of the Position'

footon wrote:

Post a screenshot of your generator and its settings, and is the main balance/equity chart and journal also blank?

Looking at the screenshot, I see Metatrader open and Metaeditor open as well as browser............ all of them using memory.

I have experienced sometimes that no results show until 1500 iterations and then all of a sudden the thing starts to dance on the screen.

I find that the program is happier if I reboot every day.

Steveg wrote:

I went back to try to install Forex Strategy Builder on my desktop computer.  When I try to run the program it says netframe v. 2 is required.  I am then directed to the Microsift website to download netframe.  It appears to install okay.  But when I again try to run FSB, I get the same error message (i.e., program needs Netframe to fun).
Steve

Steve, please go to Download page and download FSB_v2.57.21b-Portable.zip. It doesn't check for .NET installation.

I am new here but i want to know every thing about FSB and its functions

Popov: Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried.  A sign appears saying the software is initializing.  But it seems to get stuck at that point.  Steve

Jhonsons wrote:

I am new here but i want to know every thing about FSB and its functions

That will become an ongoing study.

I suggest that you read the site a couple or three times and then start clicking everything that you can click on the program to see what is in there....... and then start to use it and re read the site as questions arise.

I have been using the program for many months and am still learning about its abilities

I must be doing something wrong with adding additional symbols.
I have created an output file that looks similar in formatting to the original data format, and I place the file in the Data folder.but except it i also have another problem which would be mentioned after its solution

alanversowa wrote:

I must be doing something wrong with adding additional symbols.
I have created an output file that looks similar in formatting to the original data format, and I place the file in the Data folder.but except it i also have another problem which would be mentioned after its solution

What is the symbol? Did you add it correctly using Instrument Editor in FSB? Thirdly, post a few lines from your output file, lets make sure it is not only similar but also correct.

How do i get a strategy to only trade Long?