Re: Users' Questions and Answers

Popov wrote:

I only want adding to your answer that I'm planning a new feature for the generator - linked slots.
Now when you lock a slot it stay unchanged.
The linked slot will preserve the indicator name, but the logic and params will be changeable.

Dear popov the new option you mentioned it will enable us to select ( for example ) 7 indicators and block them then the generator will search inside these indicators only  Am I right !!!!

and can you extend that option by adding a new feature in the tool bar ( this feature contains all indicators  names with check boxes and we can select from that BIGGER indicator list we select a smaller list for example 5 indicators , 10 or what ever we select and force generator to use the smaller list only

REGARDS

Hello Footon and Popov,

thank you very much for your kind reply.

Popov your mentioned "linked slots" would be a great addition. When can we count on that?

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

The linked slots are linked to 2011, but probably you'll be happy testing a full tick data backtester prototype next month.

Thank you also for the other creative Ideas.

79 (edited by soladood 2010-08-24 18:05:11)

dear Mr Popov

I am just curious - when using 5 digit data - I go into EDIT INSTRUMENTS.

I select 5 digit setting....

- for SPREAD, do i have to change it from 3 to 30pips ?

smile its ok - i think i just found the answer

http://forexsb.com/forum/post/4884/#p4884

Logic Slots in the Strategy Builder.

I would like to suggest that the number of slots available be perhaps 15 or thereabouts for open and 5 or 6 for close, reason being, that I feel I am missing some entries and exits as I can not get the precision I want.

Of course, the use of more logic slots will slow things greatly.

Thanks

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I have one question regarding Optimiser. When I specify OOS mark, does Optimiser calculate the most profitable strategy from the OOS mark or does it calculate the most profitable strategy using all loaded data (in sample and out of sample data)?

82 (edited by dino2007 2010-09-12 07:56:42)

i have observed that sometimes Optimiser sacrifices better OOS performance because it chases best overall performance. For example, i see that in-sample performance is optimised to get the best possible returns while performance on out- sample does not match it. But sometimes, while the Generator is still running, I get equity curve that is equal in slope for both in-sample and out - sample, but it is not the most profitable strategy at the end and Optimiser skips it. I would rather prefer to have profitable equity slope which is almost equal for in- sample and out - sample rather than to have steep rising equity for in- sample which cannot be matched by out-sample.

in other words i would sacrifice overall optimal performance for having equity curve that is almost equal for in-sample and out-sample.

that's why i would suggest if this logic can be build into FSB where it would compare insample performance with outsample performance and output strategy that matches to the best possible extent returns for insample and outsample. in that way, one would get equally distributed equity curve for both periods which would indicate that strategy had stable overall performance.

But that would  work if you are using OOS mark at 50%, meaning you are splitting data exactly into two halves. But even if you are using OOS mark at lesser percentages, there is a calculation which would attempt to evenly distribute performance for in-sample and out-sample.

Perhaps output(s) to a specialized spreadsheet(s) could accommodate some of these concerns thereby keeping the Strategy builder from doing too  many operations.

I think your concerns are really important.

Duno2007,
Interesting approach, I would suggest to create an analyzer inside of FSB generator so it can monitor if profitability stays consistent +/- 10%. In this case we can find strategy which can holds equity curve for some extend without any degradation in profit; so I would like to see Backtest(optimised strategy results) = /< then OOS.

Footon,
I understand your concern but in real life you do exactly the same, you compare strategies but based on forward live trading, which the same as comparing multiple strategies based on OOS and dismissing some due to discrepancy in performance IS vs. OOS vs. LT (live trading) only it is 1000s time slower. :-(

We need to see the picture bellow, this kind of results when Equity Curve continues the same way after Generator provided with new data.
http://s3.postimage.org/crmf0.jpg

Please post your ideas about building strategies in here:
http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1715/bac … trategies/

fxwinner

The lines on that chart have a nice even slope.......

I would like to ask if you have a nice risk:reward ratio for that strategy.?

Thanks

BlaiserBoy,
I have generated it in 3 minutes just to show the equity curve. did not consider any other parameters, as we don't discus here specific strategies, it will be introduced later to a special section of the forum where we can work together on working and trading strategies.

It will be good to see a robust discussion re a joint effort on strategies, there has not been a great deal of discussion in that area so far.....

Just to give you a heads-up and keep your appetite to the high level
we will be discusing stratagies like that one in more detail:

http://s4.postimage.org/SchIS.jpg

seems weird that we do not discuss strategy specifics......  I suggest that we start that as people will have a hard time getting to know the capabilities of the software if there is no specifics.

Hopefully we will create a new wave of thinking which will allow people to feel safe in sharing.

wait for two weeks, we are going to fully concentrate on strategies development as this is not explored area on this forum just yet, as we getting more people involved in the development so it would be easier to add more features and change FSB on the fly. you will see fundamental changes in next few months.

Please have a look at the strategy I just posted and make whatever recommendation you may feel to be appropriate.

Thanks for your help

daveM

I have already done :-D, check your PM.

fxwinner wrote:

wait for two weeks, we are going to fully concentrate on strategies development as this is not explored area on this forum just yet, as we getting more people involved in the development so it would be easier to add more features and change FSB on the fly. you will see fundamental changes in next few months.

Totaly agree with you
Because the software build to test trading strategies this means the most important part will be building these strategies and the most important is to share these strategies , so i come with an idea that facilate that part
http://forexsb.com/forum/post/6564/#p6564

Another Point: regarding testing strategies ( not limiting ourselves to the results come out from generator ) but also test other strategies like strategies published in books, magazines , other sites
Example of strategy i posted it here for discussion
http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1771/asian-patterneuropean-trade-currency-trader-aug-2010-vol/
And i think the second point will be one of the most valuable ideas  because it chalanges the FSB software and FSB users to expand the features of the software to be able to (1-Generate , 2- Test ) any strategy we may find

Hello sir,
I am glad to inform you that your softwares is very very usefull, exsiting and reliever.
Could you please compliance my requests?
1- It is very very necessary for me that each optimizing done with more more than 50,000 candels. May I have please?
2- I need to read helps and user manuals in outdoor (metro, bus and etc...) that online help is not accessible. could I have full helps in a tex or pdf file offline?
Thank's millions of "LOTs" ! tongue

I think this has already been covered or I am just not finding it but how can I change the amount of bars in the builder and generator?   any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated...   

Thanks

Dear Cruz
From the main toolbar  go to market then to Data horizon , you can use Maximum Number of bars option and also Remove data older than option

http://s2.postimage.org/Rgz4r.jpg

Hello!
You realy make good programm. Thank you!
My question is - How can i make strategies based on positions profit?
For example: If previous long position was lose i'm going to open new long position with double lots.
same for short positions. (jast like in  roulette  even/odd system - everytime doubling your stake while have loses).
Is it possible using your software?
Sorry for my bad english, thank you for answering.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

Dear Cruz
From the main toolbar  go to market then to Data horizon , you can use Maximum Number of bars option and also Remove data older than option

http://s2.postimage.org/Rgz4r.jpg

Thanks
Much appreciated   big_smile

Hello,

The real-time trader varies widely when compared to real time trading. On of the main concerns I have is with the Higher time frame indicators, For instance when using a 60 higher time frame indicator,  updates appear in real time when using the trader where as, when using the builder update appear every Hour

Because we are using the FSB to trading create strategies, its is possible to fix the Higher time frame indicators, to only update on the Hour (or X Period depending on settings)

Or Create settings within the indicator to only update on the say (X period)

I think this is important as we are trying to emulate as much as possible the Strategies found in FSB to FST,

Thanks

Peter Henry