Re: Users' Questions and Answers

hi,
when I select trade % of account I can not make the entry order bigger than the maximum number of open lots?
as example
max lots 0,2
entry order max possible 0,2%

when I type higher than 0,2% it is back to 0,2% next time I am in strategy properties.

I dont know if this is ment like this..
a better option would be
max open lots
max account margin used
and now set %per entry

@needall
martingale is what you mean. I think you should search the forum or web.
thanks

when I type higher than 0,2% it is back to 0,2% next time I am in strategy properties.

The bug is confirmed. Thank you.
I'll fix it this weekend.

Hi,
first of all congratulation for forex strategy builder and to share it with everybody, I think it's really powerful!
I have a question: once I generate a strategy I think the methods to avoid to keep on the computer 24 hours a day are or buy a vps or copy the strategy code in MT4. Could you explain where can I thake it out from FST and how can I do it??
Thank you!

Hello
Can somebody help me? I would like to build a very simple strat. 15 minutes time frame, any pairs. Enter market buy order at bar opening and place changeable trailing stop on it. So it would close when it hits trailing stop.
Thank you
Tibor

Hi,
and thanks for that usefull progs. I'm testing FSB on a Q9550 with virtualbox on a Linux system:
- searching & generating a strategy goes fast
- but optimizing it seem to use only 1 core & never over 70%, so is it planned to detect & use all the cores ?
- even with complex calculations: several entry & exit conditions, the swap is never used , is it normal ?

Spy'n'Trade wrote:

- but optimizing it seem to use only 1 core & never over 70%, so is it planned to detect & use all the cores ?

it's not planned in that way, but like Zenoni has suggested, use 3-4 instances at the same time, of course only if it fits your work style, then you can utilize nearly all you've got in terms of computing power.

Question:

Re: maximum number of bars.

The manual says:

"MIN_BARS>300</MIN_BARS>
   <MAX_BARS>50000</MAX_BARS>
   <MAX_INTRA_BARS>50000</MAX_INTRA_BARS>"

I have a problem here. I adjusted the config.xml file as indicated above. However, when I try to load my 13 MB EURUSD1.csv file, FSB only shows data as of 11/02/10 (app. 73000 bars).  I have adjusted the maximum number of bars in the Data Horizon window  to 150000.  Where did I make a mistake?

Post's attachments

config.xml 3.54 kb, 1 downloads since 2011-01-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

The config shows this:

<useStartDate>True</useStartDate> 
  <startYear>2010</startYear> 
  <startMonth>11</startMonth> 
  <startDay>1</startDay> 

Check Data Horizon again.

Hello Footon,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

So I changed the config in:

<maxBars>150000</maxBars>
    <useStartDate>True</useStartDate>
    <startYear>2010</startYear>
    <startMonth>9</startMonth>
    <startDay>1</startDay>

I tried to upload data from september 1, 2010 with the data horizon at 150.000 but only got 300 bars. My csv file goes back to 1-1-2010.

Post's attachments

config.xml 3.54 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

No, don't alter it in config file, let it be like it is, change data horizon in FSB.
http://forexsb.com/wiki/_detail/fsb/man … ta_horizon

BTW, is it tick data you are using?

Hello Footon,

I am using 1 minute data. Everything works OK but instead of loading the 150000 bars as initialised, FSB only loads about 70.000 (from november 1, 2010). The datafile is 13 MB. If that is no problem for you I will gladly send it.

No problem mate, fire it away, I was just planning to ask you to do that so we can get to the bottom of this problem  smile

Hello Footon,

Herewith the zipfile.

Don't see it, try posting it again.

Hello Footon,

Unfortunately I get an Error Message on FSB Forum:  zipfile to big to send (2.75 MB).

In the meantime I succeeded to split the original 13MB file in 10 consecutive parts . Not ideal but I can see the results of a strategy over different timeperiods.

I'll email you, then you can send the file, ok? (to that email address you used for forum signup)

Hello Footon,

OK

Got it, first what I noticed is a data gap! FSB says 62 days off, you can see it yourself, open .csv file, from 7.05 - 8.07 is completely missing. Otherwise it loads nicely and no problems in that area.

Just to make sure - after you altered the Config file, did you make necessary changes in Data Horizon? That is Market->Data Horizon-> choose appropriate Maximum Number of Bars and Date.

Hello Footon.

You are quite right about the data gap. My FSB does not mention that gap. Probably for the reason that FSB does not look any further back than 11-01-2010.

I initialised Market> Data>Horizon as follows;

Maximum number of bars: 150.000
Remove data older than: Sunday, october 10, 2010
Remove data newer than: ---

MARKET STATISTICS

SYMBOL                     : EURUSD
Period                        : 1 minute
Number of bars           : 65384
Date of updating         : 01/07/11
Date of beginning        :11/01/10
etc. etc.
Maximum days off       : 5
Maximum data bars     :150000
No data older than       :10/10/2010

Hello Footon,

I checked the datafile because of the data gaps you mentioned. There is a gap between oct 15 and nov 1.  Maybe that is indeed the reason why FSB is only downloading the data from november 1, 2010 and later. In the meantime I downloaded a new and smaller datafile (150000bars) and there is no problem. Thank you very much for your help.

You're welcome  smile

Check another thing as well - in Market menu, is Check the Data checked? If it's not, that's the reason why you don't get an error message. And if Cut Off Bad Data is checked, then that is why you can't get the data loaded in full.

Hello Popov, can i add more than 5 opening logic conditions? Ive got another question, last time i tried to import new database it created an error and i lost my created strategies, in spite of being saved in another folder, cause i have to download again FSB. How can i do to probe again to import new databse and save my strategies?

Juanpablomj wrote:

can i add more than 5 opening logic conditions?

yes you can.

How can i do to probe again to import new databse and save my strategies?

how exactly did you lose saved strategies? did you uninstall them?

how can i add more than 5 opening logic condition? If i had 5, i cant open more... where it say "add an opening logic condition" become grey from black, and i cant clik again....
the other point, first i saved my strategies in another folder. Then i import new database, and after that i cant open again the cart and the strategie again cause it make an error. Cause i cant repair, i reinstall FSB, and i copy old strategies to FSB/strategies, but it didnt work....
Last question please: how can i do an strategy for 100 usd deposit? i can reduce to 1000 deposit, but not for 100... It is important to me cause i use max limit opening position, and i trade a percentage of my acount. But the max opening limit is for lot, not for equity and it can loose sense... Thanks for all (sorry my english writting please)

you can set it from menu (up to 8), if you still want more, read this:http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/2027/wha … gic-slots/

Upload your strats which fail to work, let us find out what's wrong.

Unfortunately minimum account deposit is 1000, but you can raise your max limit, so percentage remains the same.