1 (edited by Roughey 2021-10-24 11:25:14)

Topic: Performance is bad i dont know why

Hi,

can someone check it out EAstudio performance is broker by a time. When EAS is working 1 day than i get those performance breaks in calculations. never had this before.

https://vimeo.com/638322051

2 (edited by geektrader 2021-10-25 20:05:18)

Re: Performance is bad i dont know why

I had this issue as well. Seems to be related to the latest Chrome background throttling nonsense. They can´t be disabled anymore via the flags menu in the latest Chrome builds. Launching chrome.exe with these command line parameters should help:

--args --disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity --disable-background-timer-throttling --disable-renderer-backgrounding --disable-backgrounding-occluded-windows --js-flags="--max_old_space_size=32768"

It´s also always a good idea to use optimized Chrome builds from RobRich, they are much faster than the Google Chrome releases. I´d recommend to pick the AVX version:

https://github.com/RobRich999/Chromium_Clang

did you use this command lines on the robrich chrome build , too?

4 (edited by geektrader 2021-10-25 21:43:48)

Yes. The RobRich builds are based on Chromium, which is the base for Chrome and is open source. Google simply adds their stuff on top of Chromium and releases it as Chrome. Internal it is exactly the same, so also accepts the same command line parameters.

haha it would be so nice if we could get a speccial eas browser..which is perfectly for eas. ok popov go make your own browser ;-)

i cannot get in run constantly good. i use only 3 tabs now with chromium with the parameters. let it run after a week i loook. both are crashed..than all running process  was for free.

i didnt get it run stable. and i only use 50000 bars each tab.

Hmm, good question, no issues here. Is your RAM to full while it runs maybe?

hello
I have the same problem.
The program starts calculating very quickly but when 7 days pass, the program starts to slow down and sometimes stops.
I have a ryzen 9 and 64 Gb ram.
The cpu does not exceed 80% and the memory 40%.
I load 25000 bars in h1
I have tried with several browsers and with the modified version of Chrome
The problem occurs with one or more windows.
I did not have this problem several months ago. I think the problem started in October + -.
I'm sorry for my English
a greeting

> the program starts to slow down and sometimes stops.
What do you running?

Hello
I believe that I explain myself incorrectly.
The program starts very fast, and after about 7 + - days, the program begins to slow down, after a few more days 3 or 4 the program works in jumps to stop and start. It happens with different currencies, and with a single window or 6 windows, the number does not matter.

I only use the pc to generate expert advisor. I restart the pc every time I do a new search.
I have checked the memory and it is fine, the processor does not heat up.
Does anyone use the 15 or 30 day program? and the program runs at the same speed,
Do you have the problem that the program starts and stops?

> I have checked the memory, and it is fine

If we have some Memory Leak in EA Studio, it will build up memory usage.

You can use the "Performance Monitor" to monitor memory usage over time.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/ea-studio-performance-monitor.-thumb.png

Check also for some errors in the Console. EA Studio should not produce any errors.

I prefer to use now MS Edge for EA Studio. It comes with the same JS engine and has similar performance. I don't have any addons to the browser I'm using for EA Studio.

I am currently using chromiun with a new search.
It is in the phase that works fast, I put some captures, do you see the data you need correctly?
Do I have to expand a capture area?
I have changed the size of the paging file to larger I do not know if it will affect.
a greeting
Thank you

Post's attachments

error expert advisor.PNG
error expert advisor.PNG 19.81 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

memory 2.PNG 175.14 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

memory 3.PNG 177.46 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

memory.PNG 30.81 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Memory usage is perfect.

The "Import collection" error may happen if you try to import a file, which is not a real EA Studio collection.
However, if it is a Collection and you can reproduce the error, please send me the file.

I do not have a collection saved, when I do a new search I only import the configuration, the old collection I download and delete it.

In a few days when the program becomes slow and starts to stop I will upload some screenshots again

Post's attachments

EA Studio Settings 2021-12-08.json 11.46 kb, 1 downloads since 2021-12-10 

NZDCAD60.json 1.18 mb, 1 downloads since 2021-12-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

geektrader wrote:

I had this issue as well. Seems to be related to the latest Chrome background throttling nonsense. They can´t be disabled anymore via the flags menu in the latest Chrome builds. Launching chrome.exe with these command line parameters should help:

--args --disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity --disable-background-timer-throttling --disable-renderer-backgrounding --disable-backgrounding-occluded-windows --js-flags="--max_old_space_size=32768"

It´s also always a good idea to use optimized Chrome builds from RobRich, they are much faster than the Google Chrome releases. I´d recommend to pick the AVX version:

https://github.com/RobRich999/Chromium_Clang

with this i dont have problems...also now eas runs in minimized chrome..