Topic: FST Wish List - Requested features

Please add your requested features for FST into this topic.

FxWinner summarises relevant requests below.

Re: FST Wish List - Requested features

This is a summery of all requests in the topic:

0. resolve issue ( FST <> FSB ) [fxwinner]

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1496/liv … an-in-fsb/

1. Start FST automaticly after reboot, ID and connection to MT4 provided or as a Windows service [fxwinner]

We trading on VPS and sometimes they are restarted, We need : "Start already connected" (for VPS) so FST connects straight after reboot, as it doesn't, you need to specify ID and click trade. [fxwinner]

2. Save Balance/Equity into csv file on local disk, so we can analysis it a later time as it deletes history and after a a day we cannot see if we can improve trading. [fxwinner]

3. Save logs of trading the same as MT4 does to local disk for later analysis. [fxwinner]

4. Run multiple strategies in a Single Strategy trader, instead of opening multiple windows.. [IndianForexTrader]

5. Proper forum support [footon]

6. Add all possible currencies to menu Market -> Edit Instruments, so users don't need to add them all the time with new release, or provide information how to export or use config files [fxwinner]

7. Add tick/bar csv dumper to MT4_FST script [fxwinner] - Mr. Popov plz contact me to get the code

fxwinner wrote:

2. Save Balance/Equity into csv file on local disk, so we can analysis it a later time as it deletes history and after a a day we cannot see if we can improve trading.
3. Save logs of trading the same as MT4 does to local disk for later analysis.

Pls add feature to run multiple strategies in a Single Strategy trader, instead of opening multiple windows..

fxwinner wrote:

2. Save Balance/Equity into csv file on local disk, so we can analysis it a later time as it deletes history and after a a day we cannot see if we can improve trading.

I'm using http://www.mt4i.com or http://www.myfxbook.com for analyzing and tracking performance of several instances of FST.

zenoni wrote:
fxwinner wrote:

I'm using http://www.mt4i.com or http://www.myfxbook.com for analyzing and tracking performance of several instances of FST.

##fxwinner: they are good only for balance but not equity, and they are not on tick basis, I want to see if I can improve exit point.

footon wrote:

I wish there was a proper support in this forum...

We are working on this, hopefully next months you will see improvements. Please bear with us longer.

Regarding the mismatching of the result of FST &that of FSB, I'd like to suggest one thing.

Many users are discussing this matter on the forum already, & I also faced the same problem. I used the data from the same MT4 from the same broker, but the entry point & trades are time to time different.
  http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1496/live-trades-different-than-in-fsb/
  http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/1284/fst-calculates-false-indicators-values/

It might be from the difference of the nature of the data (FST uses live data & FSB uses the historical data served in MT4)
In order to get the same results, it might be one idea to take in tick data to FSB.
But I'd like to suggest one thing from another direction.

While FST takes the live data from MT4, at the same time is it technically possible to take in the historical data from the same MT4 at the end of each bar?

If it can do, then we can confirm that the indicators on FST will create exactly the same value as those on FSB in theory. As a result, entry point should be the same (although it will cause a few seconds delay to make an order). If there is still differences in results, then most probably there are some unexpected bugs or some indicators' problems (it'll be easier to detect bugs).

I will be grateful if new FST has such "Accurate Mode" for option.  smile
As some users agree, if FST is only available on 1minute chart strategy, it is a problem (my strategies testing are mostly 5minutes, hahaha).
Let's bring ideas and make the great work of Mr. Popov the strongest trading tool!

New request for FST: option for inverse trading (whereas FSB says buy FST sells and vice versa). Although it sounds strange it is indeed effective under certain conditions especially when strategy is very simple to follow. All Forex platforms follow inverse trading since overall statistics show that 90% of traders lose money.

I also like this feature in FST/FSB. I have tried this consept in manual trading and it looks very promising e.g. if I using most common and videly available strategies like MACD crossover etc. - when small traders take a buy signal then institutional investors sell etc. and vice versa.

steos wrote:

New request for FST: option for inverse trading (whereas FSB says buy FST sells and vice versa). Although it sounds strange it is indeed effective under certain conditions especially when strategy is very simple to follow. All Forex platforms follow inverse trading since overall statistics show that 90% of traders lose money.

I think this feature is against the principle of FSB / FST.

If someone wants, he can simply set the reverse logic in the strategy slots.

Set also swap numbers to 0. In other case you always loose the selected number of pips regardless of the position direction. I expect the balance difference to be 40 pips after that. It will come from the ambiguous bars. In them, the program will close both positions at a loss instead one direction on a profit and the other at a loss. So 2 x 20 = 40pips.

Edit
Actually the difference is double (80 pips). See below.

Please check the ambiguous bars. The difference comes from them but is double.

In the ambiguous bars both strategies - right and opposite show minus. So balances have double difference. From here comes 2 amb * 20 pips * 2 = 80.

Hi all,
I would LOVE the ability to use moving averages with settings above 200 bars.
I use this on the 5 minute timeframe to indicate the trend on hourly charts.

Example:
To set the moving average on a 5 minute chart to equal the 50 period average on the hourly chart, I would need to set the Moving average period to 600 bars on the 5 minute chart:
600 bars * 5 minutes = 3,000 minutes
3,000 minutes / 60 minutes = 50 bars
Therefore 600 periods on the 5 minute chart = 50 bars on the 1 hour chart.

Here lies the problem.
As it is set now, the maximum period for moving averages in the moving average crossover is 200 bars, thus making it impossible to use my multiple timeframe strategy.

Maybe someone knows a workaround?

Thanks, and happy trading.
-Jericho

Thanks so much,
I also found the HTF custom indicators on this site which does exactly what  I was looking for!

Happy trading,

Jericho

Please be very cautious with these HTF custom indicators, because they are not fully tested. These indicators may provide false backtesting results.

Jericho1 wrote:

Thanks so much,
I also found the HTF custom indicators on this site which does exactly what  I was looking for!

Happy trading,

Jericho

16 (edited by Jericho 2010-10-18 22:05:21)

Yes,
I noticed some strange trades with the HTF moving average crossover while doing foreward demo testing. I was using the HTF Crossover as a trend filter for my CCI on 5 minute charts.

I noticed countertrend trades when obviously there shouldn't be any because they would be filtered out by the HTF Crossover.  I double-checked my settings just to be sure that it wasn't user error, and everything still looked kosher.

I think I'll stick with the modified indicator from footon because I understand how it works. Not sure about the HTF Crossover...

*****UPDATE*******
Fixed issue with HTF crossover by increasing bars in chart to 5000 from 400. (thanks popov)

Thanks again,

Jericho

needful  have way to make

many  levels takeproft or close depend on percent lot

18 (edited by Jericho 2010-10-18 22:02:48)

Hello Popov,

I would like to request chart navigation features more similar to MT4:

Ability to zoom out farther
Ability to measure distances in pips using the crosshair tool (like MT4)
Further color customizations for charts, and maybe even something like the MT4 "Templates" if possible
Ability to double click on indicators on chart to change strategy settings (pull up strategy settings dialog)

Also:
Highlight all potential strategy entry and exit points on the chart for visual backtesting, maybe something like green and red arrows to indicate entry and exit points.

On a different topic: I would like to request more complex closing logic, meaning logic that allows use of multiple closing criteria simultaneously. (AND logic instead of just OR logic)

Example1 : Close trade when stochastic crosses the 80 line downward AND current trade is in profit.
Example 2: Close trade when MACD histogram drops AND 50 MA is above 100 MA

Thanks for all the hard work you have already put in, the software is already amazing as it is!

Jericho

Handle TP SL BE and  TS seperated for each additional trade .
If i enter another lot in same direktion and it is above initial position i dont want the sl for the first trade changed .

Nikopol wrote:

Handle TP SL BE and  TS seperated for each additional trade .
If i enter another lot in same direktion and it is above initial position i dont want the sl for the first trade changed .

It becomes almost martingale then. Then we need to introduce specific MM feature for this option, as as risk will be increasing exponentially with new positions.

21 (edited by Nikopol 2010-10-19 19:52:54)

i think you got me wrong .
i have difficulties to explain cause i am not native english speaking .
When i go short for example i start with 0.1 lot and add short at next signal with another 0.1 lot until i have 1.0 lot . now i want each mini lot to have own be sl and tp and not the one entered with the last addion .

to keep it simple only enter another lot on next signal if the last one is in positve pips already

Hello,

The real-time trader varies widely when compared to real time trading. On of the main concerns I have is with the Higher time frame indicators, For instance when using a 60 higher time frame indicator,  updates appear in real time when using the trader where as, when using the builder update appear every Hour

Because we are using the FSB to trading create strategies, its is possible to fix the Higher time frame indicators, to only update on the Hour (or X Period depending on settings)

Or Create settings within the indicator to only update on the say (X period)

I think this is important as we are trying to emulate as much as possible the Strategies found in FSB to FST,

Thanks

Peter Henry

Hi Mr. Popov and team,

In FST, can we have the position's Stop Loss will be set to Break Even price +1 when the profit reaches certain pips?

From long experience I learned that it is dangerous to let a robot trade when one is not present. I have seen cases where some bug in the trading program or some oversight in the strategy caused it to become berserk and start a trading spree until the account was empty. The solution is to create a LAST TRADE function. Once the LAST TRADE function is activated, the next trade will put the position on SQUARE and ends the trading.

genifor wrote:

From long experience I learned that it is dangerous to let a robot trade when one is not present. I have seen cases where some bug in the trading program or some oversight in the strategy caused it to become berserk and start a trading spree until the account was empty. The solution is to create a LAST TRADE function. Once the LAST TRADE function is activated, the next trade will put the position on SQUARE and ends the trading.

I agree. The main problem is usually related to the internet connection.  It is important to put always permanent SL ja TP for all positions.