Re: FST Wish List - Requested features

Same for me -- I modified the FST EA so it will count the number of losses and disconnect when the limit is hit. I made it disconnect because I'm not familiar with MT4 coding, disconnecting was the simplest solution I found.

You can call the funcrion CloseCurrentPosition in order to close all open orders in MT4 for the given symbol.
CloseCurrentPosition(Symbol(), 100);
where 100 is slippage.

Hii i am a new guy from Turkiye, i like it very much this software. I translate it a Turkish for who understand Turkish. I want to add this web site.

Thnx.

Mehmet

Hello Mehmet,
Welcome on the forum.
If you translate the software, you can open new topic and to attach the translation file in it.

hi all,
as i was trying to adopt my scalp strategy to fst yesterday i encountered another problem. which my past expertbuilder was stopping trading in times of high spread. i think this is very important especially for automated strategies. when we are not in front of computer "spread filter" option will save us from dangerous high risk trades. so it would be a good option to see "spread filter" option in fst. for example "don't trade if spread is higher than 4"
regards..

31 (edited by Pattfx 2011-05-19 19:06:04)

Hi Mod.

I just try using the trader today with live account. It works well. You guys have done a good work.

There are new features I requested.

1. Ability to pop-out and resize the operation page.
2. Ability to move stop-loss to breakeven for each one open order (not all open orders)
3. If possible, drag to move SL and TP on the trader's chart page.
4. Ability to move stop-loss to breakeven +x pips Ex. breakeven +1 pip (this is my trading style)

There will be more features I believe. I will tell you guys after they come up to my mind.
Thanks again for your work and I wish you all a happy life.

More: I found the ManageTPv2-4 EA which can set SL to breakeven or breakeven+xxpips now. So I think I have to run the EA and FST at the same time.

I have a few minor things that i would like to see added, I have been using the trader software successfully for over a month now and find it to be excellent overall. I am using it on a live account trading mini lots and it has worked flawlessly executing the strategy. I am not into back testing or demo accounts as in the real world they are not really the best way to test a strategy since the data is often corrupted slightly in back testing and with a demo account you will more times than not get every fill which is not reality in a real trading scenario. Better to just trade dimes and see if your strategy actually works.

1- I would like to see a set spread field where we can control the maximum spread for any pair. There is the slippage control in the account settings but no place to add the maximum spread to calculate the slippage. If I missed it I apologise but i think i have looked everywhere and do not find it.

2- The ability to look to multiple time frames at the same time with the current strategy, for example I have  a strategy i trade on the 15 minute chart, would like to be able for it to look to the hourly and 4 hour chart simultaneously to confirm trend. if we could specify which part of the strategy looks to the higher time frame, in most cases its a portion of the strategy that would need to look to it and only to confirm trend. You already have the group settings, maybe it can work with something like that.

3- Additional fields in the opening logic conditions, currently the max is 8, it would be great if it was larger,
it doesn't take much to use the 8 with a few moving average crosses and a few macd sets and an rsi or stochastic cross and rises or levels being set. then adding multiple time on and off to avoid news spikes on specific days. The 8 runs out fast.

4- Specific bar closing settings meaning, i may have a situation where everything lines up perfect but the closing previous candle could be a doji or a hammer signaling a possible reversal. would love for a candle pattern recognition to avoid it opening the trade.

Other than that I really love the software and hope you continue to develop it.

33 (edited by Blaiserboy 2011-09-08 04:21:48)

Because the program is open source, you can modify the limitation of 8 yourself for the logic lines.

Open the program folder, open the 'system' folder, then open the 'config.xml' file and you will see the numbers that have to be changed.

Originally we had only 4 slots and that was increased to 8 which has seemed satisfactory for most applications.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

34 (edited by Blaiserboy 2011-09-08 04:23:06)

There are some 'WTF' indicators that you can download for the purpose of higher time frame comparisons.

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/2438/wid … ndicators/

A feature i would like is for FST to write the journal to a log of when it closes. Also when FST is opened and closed it would be useful to have this in the log and then displayed in the journal so you can see the previous history rather than starting from scratch.

where does one find instructions for setting "Protection_Max_StopLoss" on Inputs tab of MT4-FST Expert  in FST? 
what is format? what are the units?
What is relation between that stop and the Permanent Stop Loss entered on FST under "Strategy Properties"?
Is either one a Trailing Stop?
same questions for "Protection_Min_Account" on Inputs tab of Expert.
Please give examples of units

i would wish, that there is a sound/alarm if a order is opened/close
Or are there any posibilities ?

ac_boerse wrote:

i would wish, that there is a sound/alarm if a order is opened/close
Or are there any posibilities ?

Look under 'Events' in Metatrader 'Options' and you will be able to configure Metatrader to make sounds when orders are opened and closed

Look under 'Tools' in Forex Strategy Trader and you will see 'Sounds'.

There are detailed instructions on this site for the software, please take the opportunity to read them all.

jgp wrote:

where does one find instructions for setting "Protection_Max_StopLoss" on Inputs tab of MT4-FST Expert  in FST? 
what is format? what are the units?
What is relation between that stop and the Permanent Stop Loss entered on FST under "Strategy Properties"?
Is either one a Trailing Stop?
same questions for "Protection_Min_Account" on Inputs tab of Expert.
Please give examples of units

Have you taken the opportunity to read the manuals and the instructions...........

a request for FSB
A switch in the FSB that would control when the program is  to start trading, and also maybe when to end the trading .
this  would differ from what we have right now, ie "Data Horizon"   as it would  allow you to use previous data for the indicators formation.

since we are on the subject  maybe a tool were we could manually insert a trade into specific time point so we could observe the behavior under those chosen conditions.

Cheers smile
Thank You

Possibility of much advanced trade management features like some paid softwares such as myfx console for FSTrader planned in near future?

Thanks for the great software.

Your recent feature of being able to import from raw MT4 history files gave me an idea - not sure how feasible this is:

Would it be possible to create a dynamic read-only connection to the live MT4 history data, to be used simultaneously while MT4 is also running?

As an example, I am currently manually updating my FSB data at the end of each week. During the weekend, I look at each strategy to see how it now performs with new data as compared to the equity-curve snapshot I took from week-ago data. Two things I'm looking for specifically are: 1) is the curve still angled and showing growth, inline with the former tested data? and 2) has the max equity drawdown % remained lower than that which was observed during the test?  If the answer to either question is No, then perhaps I would want to stop trading that bot.

But with a dynamic realtime data link, I could conceivably view up-to-the-minute performance of my strategy. I'd like this realtime data to be additional OOS, such that it doesn't truncate any of the 50000 bars already comprising my current FSB strategy. In this regard, I envision a switch to flip-on or flip-off the data, and it wouldn't need to be accessible to Generator, for example.

For the purpose of Generator, I want the data set to remain consistent so I can make an apples-to-apples comparison between the various strategies it will mine throughout the week.

My wish is FSTrader can be run as PortableFST (like PortableApps.)

Sincerely,
Jack.

Jack Le.

Jack Le wrote:

My wish is FSTrader can be run as PortableFST (like PortableApps.)

Sincerely,
Jack.

Jack, FST and FSB can already be run portable and I'm doing this now (without install). Check the wiki for details (button above that says Documentation)

I trade with a handful of different brokers and I just realized that one broker is on Eastern time while the other is on GMT. All my strategies are developed using data from the GMT broker only.

It would be great to have a simple way to offset the time, relative to the strategy rules, inside FST. For example this would fit good in the Strategy Properties section.

In other words, if the original strategy was designed to close positions at 19:55 (GMT), then the feature would allow me to apply a time offset of -4 inside FST to accommodate the EDT broker equivalent close time of 15:55. This would also come in very handy during daylight saving shift times.

I am currently making manual adjustments to the strategies between FSB and FST but on-the-fly adjustment would be handy. It would also be useful to have the same ability inside FSB.

It would be great to have a simple way to offset the time, relative to the strategy rules

We don't need it.
FSB takes time only from the bar open time of the historical data. Once you update the data files from your broker, the data will be with your time zone and exactly as FST will see the quotations from the same broker.

FST also uses time only from the ticks coming from MT or server time coming with the same data. Neither FSB nor FST use computer time or some external clock.

Be sure that offline historical data always corresponds to the FST data and you'll not have problems with time synchronization.

Mr Popov, what`s the target date for new FST? Looking forward to test new martingale management.

Thanks in advance!

Mr Popov, what`s the target date for new FST? Looking forward to test new martingale management.

I'll publish tomorrow new FSB and FST without Martingale.
I'll add Martingale probably next week.

Perhaps I'm the only user plagued with this problem, but it's driving me crazy.  When employing a "Winner" addition strategy, there is frequently a considerable time and price difference betwenn the initial order and subsequent orders, but the subsequent orders [at least 2, but usually several] have virtually identical time/prices.  Isn't there some way to require a finite time or price increase between each additional order???

I have read that result from demo account is different from live account because of spiking in that live account data feed.

Can we have two EAs to bypass this, one EA to feed the data from a demo account (supposely not to have spike in the data) to FST and another EA to execute the trade in the live account ?

This will hopefully bypass such dirty tricks.