forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Data Check Warning

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by yonkuro 2016-02-02 23:42:51)

Topic: Data Check Warning

Dear FSB Pro Users

I often got "Data Check Warning. See Data Statistic Page in History Center for more details" message when a strategy is loaded. If I check on data statistic page it usually say "Wrong Volume Bar" or "Big Range of Bar". I've redownloaded the data but warning message is still appears

What should I do to get rid off the errors?

Is it okay to generate a strategy in such condition?

Any help will be appreciated

do or do not there is no try

Re: Data Check Warning

These data files are composed from DukasCopy ticks without filtering. If you want, you can open the files in some text editor (Notepad++ for example) and edit the suspicions bars.

Anyway, the best practice is to use data from your MT broker to be sure that the FSB backtest corresponds to the MT test. This will make the trading safer because some times there is a substantial difference in the market dynamics of the different liquidity provider.

Popov wrote:

These data files are composed from DukasCopy ticks without filtering. If you want, you can open the files in some text editor (Notepad++ for example) and edit the suspicions bars.

Anyway, the best practice is to use data from your MT broker to be sure that the FSB backtest corresponds to the MT test. This will make the trading safer because some times there is a substantial difference in the market dynamics of the different liquidity provider.

Thank you very much Popov smile

do or do not there is no try

Hello.  Can you please provide a step by step instruction on both the normal importing of history from "FSB Demo data" and how to create a new data source from MT4 data?  I have gone through the normal FSB Demo data import, but cannot create strategies because on Every symbol and time frame the output log keeps saying "Data check warning".  I have tried to create a new data source from MT4 (which has TDS data), but that is not saving as a new data source.  Thank you for your help.

James, we have a complete guide on establishing the trading process. please watch it in YouTube here: Trading with Expert Advisors

Thank you.

I already found that channel and watched some videos prior to purchasing.  For right now, I am just trying to get all real bars/ticks into FSB and cannot seem to get it right.  I have watched this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH-NNE9UO38&t=33s ) 3 times now and will give up for now.  I know you feel this is easy to do - but I thought I would just be able to import your FSB demo data and it would at least give me a chance to test creations.  I cannot even do that.  I will mess with this later when I have a few hours to spare and more patience.  FSB is unusable for me for a while now.

James, you can leave the data import for now and you can use the data service integrated into FSB Pro for now.

You can generate strategies on different markets and try to understand how teh trading rules work. You can use the Indicator Chart and the  Bar Explorer to examine the signals.

I can't do anything in FSB without error free data.  I cannot create create a new data source, I cannot import tick history csv files and the fsb demo data is giving me errors.  See attached.  There is nothing I can do until I figure out how to get error free data into FSB.

Post's attachments

Capture.PNG 24.21 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Popov,

Is there anything else I can do?  I was going to work on this over the weekend.  I tried to import data again.  Still errors.  I tried to import from TDS.  Errors.  I tried to import from MT4.  Errors.  I really need help.  Cannot generate anything without clean data.  Thanks.

Maybe remote into my computer to figure out what is wrong?

I have watched your videos and read everything and nothing is working.

Warning is a notification about a possible issue. What is the issue? The program tells you to see History Center for more details but you are all worked up not about the real issue but its notification...

Secondly, if your broker has data problems, then only they can resolve it.

What I'm trying to say - in my experience it is near impossible to get 100% gap free FX data because the market is FX, a decentralized market! So, find out what is the real issue with data and with common sense assess whether it has a significant impact on testing results or not. You can post your findings and assessment here and we can chime in.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response.  I am starting again this morning with your first video and will spend the next 5 hours going through all your videos again to see how to get clean data.  Just starting with your very first video, you should be able to get clean data from your download of fsb demo data and generate a new strategy.  This is the very first video and within the first 5 minutes.  I hit start and no strategies are generated.  I do nothing different than what is in your video and basic installation.  I will even just try to look at any of your demo strategies on the start page and as soon as you change the time frame, the charts stop.  I try to create a manual strategy and all trades do not work. 

I am really trying everything and just cannot get anything to work because of data. 

I will continue to watch all your videos and see how to get data from ANY source to actually use your software.  Again, outside of all your videos, if there is anything you can help with, it would be greatly appreciated. 

See screenshots to show you what I am talking about.

Thank you.

Post's attachments

Capture.PNG 261.43 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Capture1.PNG 254.57 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Capture2.PNG 223.69 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

> I am really trying everything and just cannot get anything to work because of data.

The best data you can find are here: Download Historical Forex Data

Basically the online data and those in FSB Pro are form the same source, however we rewrote the data collection and composition algorithm to be sure we provide the best possible quality.

You can see the data statistics online in the Statistics tab.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/historical-forex-data-eurusd-data-statistics.png

You see that the maximum gap is 3 days but only on New Year and if it is next to the weekend.

We develop this service for more than one year to provide to our traders the best data quality possible. Soon we will provide the data directly in FSB Pro. You can download the data manually for now.

Thank you.  After 2 hours, it finally worked.  Now, I can't back test though....noted in another post.  Tried 3 MT4's already....

14 (edited by chriss 2020-12-11 20:51:26)

Have you solved this issue!

https://forexwelcomebonus.org/

Are you asking me?  If so, yes, I solved the issue on the data and back testing.  But, it is not good news for me.  I would rather not get into all the issues I am having on this public forum.

JamesBay wrote:

Thank you.  After 2 hours, it finally worked.  Now, I can't back test though....noted in another post.  Tried 3 MT4's already....

-you have to be offline with your mt4..

-in history data center you import the downloaded files from forexsb history site.

when you online connected with a broker. than the data will be overwritten each time. so be offline.. import data and than can backtest.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Data Check Warning