Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

I've a few useful improvements in mind:

1. First of all if I optimize a whole colletion via the Multi Tester it can happen that of 100 different strategies only few are left. Because the optimized repository is filled with different versions of the same strategy and overwrites the others.
I’d like to have the feature that Multi Tester puts just the best optimized strategy into the new collection and not the other versions as well.

Right now I have to optimize every strategy one by one.

2. The input window of the Multi Tester is a bit narrow (screenshot below), my collections have sometimes long names, but I cannot sew the whole filenames because the I cannot change resize it.

3. I’d like to load multiple saved collections into the repository. Unfortunately right now I have to select them one by one, a drag and drop function or sth. similar would be nice, so I can load more than one collection into FSB.

4. OOS testing, might be a nice feature, but I’d like to give the OOS data horizon an exact period.

E. g. The Data Horizon would be 01.01.2012 to 14.05.2015 and the OOS hata horizon would be 01.01-2015 to 01.03.2015.

https://i.postimg.cc/rDpfPyY2/Multi-Tester-window.png

It would be nice that when on the Indicator Chart, as one toggles the True Indicator Chart button, that the indicator values on the info panel would change appropriately.  Currently, they always read the values when the True Indicator Chart is off.

403 (edited by Lagoons 2019-02-12 00:18:15)

Since my original post had so many mistakes, I'm making a new post with a few additional requests.

1. First of all, if I optimize a whole colletion via the Multi Tester it can happen that of 100 different strategies only few are left. Because the optimized repository is filled with different versions of the same strategy which replaces the other ones.
I’d like to have the feature that Multi Tester puts just the best optimized version of one strategy into the new collection and not the other versions as well.

Right now I have to optimize every strategy one by one to achieve this.

2. The input window of the Multi Tester is a bit narrow, my collections have sometimes long names, but I cannot see the whole filenames because the I cannot change resize it.

3. I’d like to load multiple saved collections into the repository. Unfortunately right now I have to select them one by one, a drag and drop function or sth. similar would be nice, so I can load more than one collection into FSB at once.

4. OOS testing, might be a nice feature, but I’d like to give the OOS data horizon an exact period.

E. g. The Data Horizon would be 01.01.2012 to 14.05.2015 and the OOS hata horizon would be 01.01-2015 to 01.03.2015.

5. It would be nice if useful functions from EA Studio could be implemented into FSB as well, like the Walk Forward validation and the Reactor.

6. I think it would be useful to add another acceptance criteria and search parameter into FSB.

I' think its useful to have the Risk-Reward Ratio implemented into FSB.

Friendly greets.

404 (edited by D5QM54S7 2019-02-12 15:29:26)

Hi Popov, I suggest
1) introduce the OHLC analysis, with the possibility to choose the amplitude of the searched pattern.
2) introduce maximum, minimum and average statistics on research results. The tool is useful for preventing the use of random strategies without predictive skills.

Regards

Hi Popov,

Since EA Studio allows 200,000 bar limit (for default) and FSB Pro also increase it's default limit to 200,000 bar for 1min time frame?

hannahis wrote:

Hi Popov,

Since EA Studio allows 200,000 bar limit (for default) and FSB Pro also increase it's default limit to 200,000 bar for 1min time frame?

https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/5621/in … onditions/

Hi Footon,

I'm referring to FSB demo data (default), even if I were to increase the limit to 500,000 bars, it still download 100k bar only.

I understand our own data, we can increase it but not the default FSB demo data.

Hi, popov

I have played FSB and Eastudio for a while. I have come to realize that high-performance strategy must have acceptable ROR (risk of ruin).
Why ROR is so important? The ROR can tell us created strategy can be used in the long term or not. to put it simply, the thing you are doing is gambling or investing.
The ROR is related to pay-off ratio, winning ratio and position size.It also can be calculated from them
https://i.postimg.cc/Q9kCXL4Z/1fvjhe.png
as you see,If we search strategy by proper way. may be found holy grail strategy. xD
Calculation of payoff ratio is so easy. Payoff ratio =Average profit/Average loss
Both values have been already shown in the trading result. Currently,We have winning ratio filter in the Acceptance Criteria.
But pay-off ratio still is not available. Adding it to criteria will be useful. I think that.

I hope you consider my request.
Regard

Very good idea.

I'm adding RoR to my ToDo.

Hi, Miroslav!

It would be great to have Return/Drawdown indicator in Monte Carlo Analysis and in Account Statistics or Additional Statistics.

Could you extend the FSB History Data Download servis with couple of new instruments:
- XAUUSD
- XAGUSD
- US500
- WTI

Of couse, these can be added manually, but it's very convenient if these can be updated automatically.
I think that these are important for Multi Markets tool that will provide valuable information if there are more different instruments.

They will be part of the Premium Data Feed Service I'm going to provide.

Is there a "Restart" capability in FSB Pro? I was in the middle of a long strategy generator session when the electrical power went out and my computer shut down. It would be a nice feature to "Restart" from where the strategy generation stopped rather than start the generation all over from the beginning and revisit the same strategy again.

gcm wrote:

Is there a "Restart" capability in FSB Pro? I was in the middle of a long strategy generator session when the electrical power went out and my computer shut down. It would be a nice feature to "Restart" from where the strategy generation stopped rather than start the generation all over from the beginning and revisit the same strategy again.

Actually there can't be a restart capability because the generation process is not fixed. It might "revisit" the same strat but it is a game of probabilities if it does so.

Maybe what gcm was referring to was: it would be nice if somehow the current Top 100 strategies were continuously saved during generating sessions, without having to properly close the browser (which saves them for the last closed browser instance).

A lot of development time and good strategies can disappear in a moment, because of a system power loss or if the OS crashes or automatically restarts itself.

Definitely, Dunn!

I would add and echo previous requests of re-working the whole repository so that all strategies could be optimized, currently a single strat can fill the repo with its optimized variations and push others out.

A Correlation Analysis would work well, as in EA Studio.

Any way to make FSB Pro select multiple strategies to load as tabs? Or a function to Export multiple or all the strategies from a collection from the Repository? Is there a more streamline workflow for this?

Post's attachments

Untitled-1.jpg 742.96 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi there, as @ViniQ suggested in my previous post I'm writing here a feature request I have rewarding the "Search Best" options, it would be nice to have more "Search Best" options on the "Generation Settings", I think we should be able to optimize the strategy for any parameter we get on the "Account Statistics" section. What I mean is we should be able to optimize for "Net balance" or "Annualized profit" but also be able to optimize the strategy to get more "Executed orders" (aka number of trades) or for "Profit per day", also would be nice to be able to select multiple parameter the strategy should optimize, it would be a weighted fitness or weighted parameter optimization, for example combining "Net Balance" and "Executed orders" should make the strategy prioritize parameters that yield a higher number of trades it makes and that at the same time also increases the total profit it makes. Another example would be for example if we want to optimize the strategy combining "Net balance", "Profit per day" and "Executed orders", this would make the strategy find parameters that yield a higher number of trades and profit per day which should be nice for some of us who want to make a lot of daily trades and stay the least time possible in a position. Hope this can be implemented as its something that would be useful.

Here is a screenshot from StrategyQuant that could be used as reference, it could be something simpler than that and just allow us to select multiple options without specifying the weight but having those options too should make things better:
https://i.imgur.com/DTljg7O.png

Ideally all will work with this new form and finding out about its highlights so we can be guaranteeing that the highlights we need are made known to the designer.

A few people made proposals a couple of months prior in another thread...... in any case, there might be more things that are feeling the loss of that are anything but difficult to program.

Would it be possible to have some sort of setup to regulate the profit to stoploss  ratio?

Ie  ability to control be it 1:2 or 1:1 or 1:3  etc

Many strategies look great until I see that the stop loss is huge compared to the take profit.

Thanks

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

please Renko charts

Add arm trailing stop loss and trailing stop loss as percentages. For example: price goes up 1% (that would be the arm trailing). If the trailing is set to 0.5%, the position will be closed if price drops this much from the highest. So, arm at 1%, price goes up to 1.8%, than drops to 1.3% and at that moment the position is closed.

This program does not have all the bells and whistles of the EAStudio..... but...... it does quite a job.

I am quite enthused about FSBPro after several years

Thanls  Popov!

stuwi1973 wrote:

please Renko charts

I think that if you study the construction of Renko bars you may find that trying to generate an EA will not give you a reliable result.