forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

[ Closed ]

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder v2.50.2.0 Beta

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Forex Strategy Builder v2.50.2.0 Beta

Forex Strategy Builder v2.50.2.0 Beta published on 06/22/2010

Download FSB_v2.50.2.0_Beta.zip

Dear friends and forex enthusiasts, the next FSB Beta version is ready for tests. It fixes important bug in “out of sample testing” feature of the strategy optimizer. Another change is that the Generator speed is considerably increased when “Logical Groups” option is off. Since the generator does not change the default groups, you can always keep it off when generating a strategy.

We ask for your help for correcting the translation files. Several new language phrases were added in the program and we need natural language speakers to translate them. You can do this by using the “View“ - “Language Tools” - “Edit Current Translation” tool. Please attach the corrected translations to the forum so other users can use them or continue with further editing.

Please attach any error reports or faulty strategies to this topic. 

Changes in Forex Strategy Builder v2.50.2.0 Beta:
  * Bug with Optimizer OOS testing was fixed.
  * Generator speed is increased when Logical Groups are off.
  * Keltner Channel base price was fixed.

Edit
   After downloading of this version, you can update the programs exe files to v2.50.2.1 Beta. See the next post for details.

Re: Forex Strategy Builder v2.50.2.0 Beta

Forex Strategy Builder v2.50.2.1 Beta

We fixed a bug when the Indicator Parameters window resets to "Nothing" the "Opposite signal behaviour" option of the strategy.

We provide Forex Strategy Builder.exe file only. You have to replace the current exe from the full download described in the previous post.

Download links:
FSB_v2.50.2.1_Beta_Exe.zip
FSB_v2.50.2.1_Beta_Exe_Net3.5.zip

Are their any plans to add ATR Stops and Take Profits in addition to normal exit conditions as Bar Closing, Bollinger Bands, etc.? I think that would improve a lot of strategies very much.

My Generator stops after a couple of calculations, the time limit isn't hit.

I tested it with GBP/USD and EUR/USD on 15 min timechart.

5 (edited by geektrader 2010-06-24 04:46:11)

I can confirm this, for strategies UNDER 1-Hour-Timeframe,  the Generator stops after a random number (usually after 200 to 400) of calculations, even if the time-limit for generating is set to 10000.

I tested FSB v2.50.2 and v2.50.2.1 .NET 3.5 without any problem and they both look stable.

geektrader wrote:

I can confirm this, for strategies UNDER 1-Hour-Timeframe,  the Generator stops after a random number (usually after 200 to 400) of calculations, even if the time-limit for generating is set to 10000.

That´s great for you, but with Beta 2 (.NET 3.5) this problem seems to occur for me and Hans. Beta 1 didn´t do that. And it only happens on low time-frames like 1 minute and with a lot of bars (30000+).

I tested with 50000 1-min bars and everything is OK.

geektrader wrote:

That´s great for you, but with Beta 2 (.NET 3.5) this problem seems to occur for me and Hans. Beta 1 didn´t do that. And it only happens on low time-frames like 1 minute and with a lot of bars (30000+).

9 (edited by hans753 2010-06-24 18:03:59)

I' ve enabled the following checkboxes, maybe it is related to these options?
Generate new strategy
Perform an intial optimization
OSS 30
Maximum number of ambiguous bars 10
Maximum drawdown 17
Minimum of trades 100
Win / loss 0,30

I used the data provides by FSB

Edit: And I use the version for .NET 3.5

Zenoni, it´s cool that it is working for you, but for us it isn´t, and that needs to be fixed, all right? It can work a thousand times for you, if it doesn´t for me, then thats bad. And I am not doing anything wrong, ok?

The problem occurs on all time frames, the last beta worked perfect.

Dear All
i spent last 2 days using the new beta without any problems in both computers , but suddenly today the problems started on one computer and the other computer still working fine !!!!!!!! ( i have the same beta on both computers ) and the problem has two parts
1st : FSB on start gives me Msg that it cannot load historical data folder and it going to open the integrated folder   so i have to accept and change the folder every time

2nd : when start generator it runs maximum 100 runs and some times 30 runs and stop after few seconds

See attachment

http://s1.postimage.org/50H4J.jpg

http://s1.postimage.org/50JzS.jpg

geektrader,hans753,zenoni and all

I think i found where is the problem
i deleted all indicators in custom indicator folder and generator worked fine I donot know if this because some of custom indicators interfere with FSB or there are too many indicatores that make generator to crash !!!!!( for me i have 80 custom indicators ) i will try later to add indicators one by one to investigate that problem but if its the second scenario which is the FSB cannot handle a bigger NO. of custom indicators this will be a real problem

Regards
Ahmed

Thanks for the research, but I think the problem is easy to spot since it DID NOT occur in Beta 1. Only in Beta 2 this problem does occur and since in Beta 2 there was a change in the Strategy Generator (see release notes of Beta 2), it for sure has to do something with it. So Popov should find the problem easily I think.

Dear geektrader
i downloaded Beta 1 and i find the same problem like beta 2!!!!!

And regarding to my research iam doing regarding custom indicators i find that HTF indicators more than 2 indicators in the custom indicators folders make generator to stop running but normal indicators doing well

Plz update me you or any one interested to fix this situation

Thnx

I deleted all custom indicators, but it didn't fix the problem.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

geektrader,hans753,zenoni and all

I think i found where is the problem
i deleted all indicators in custom indicator folder and generator worked fine I donot know if this because some of custom indicators interfere with FSB or there are too many indicatores that make generator to crash !!!!!( for me i have 80 custom indicators ) i will try later to add indicators one by one to investigate that problem but if its the second scenario which is the FSB cannot handle a bigger NO. of custom indicators this will be a real problem

Regards
Ahmed

Hello Ahmed, Where did you find 80 custom indicators? Can you share? I found only 23.

dear acharyadas

all indicators attached here in that forum in different places and most of them done by a good man his name zuijaideai

I zipped all i have in the attachment

Post's attachments

Custom Indicators.zip 351.32 kb, 17 downloads since 2010-06-28 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Try to clean all caches na dtemp folders. See this http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner sometimes this may help.

hans753 wrote:

I deleted all custom indicators, but it didn't fix the problem.

zenoni wrote:

Try to clean all caches na dtemp folders. See this http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner sometimes this may help.

It didn't help  sad

Is possible add some this features to FSB or FST??

-BreakEven in FSB in strategies properties.
-ATR trailing stop in closing point of the position.
-in group a or b or any add ATR stop.
-2 combined models in one in closing point of the position: ATR trailing stop and Close and reverse.(or by group example: group A-ATR stop, group B-Trailing by ATR. group C-close and reverse)
-new feature windows or menu option. Portfolio FSB systems. in this windows add some portfolios or basket FSB systems, setup Total $ equity account, Maximal % risk exposed of total portfolio, correlation / systems. equity curve of total portfolio and buton to simulate or optimized changes from x% Risk to x% risk. to view risk and return, espectancy  and risk or ruin.

Sorry my english.(is not my natural language)

Thank you very much.

Jaime.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

dear acharyadas

all indicators attached here in that forum in different places and most of them done by a good man his name zuijaideai

I zipped all i have in the attachment

Thank you, Ahmed!

Other suggestions to add to FSB

2 ways to run (or send )the orders:
- Each tick.
-Complete bar.

Be able to enter dates for analysis of systems and optimizations periods, or walk fordward method to test the robustness of the systems example: in sample test from 02/january/2001 to 31/december/2001  and out of sample 02/jan/2002 to 30/march/2002 and view or compare results.

thank you very much, Jaime.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

Dear All
i spent last 2 days using the new beta without any problems in both computers , but suddenly today the problems started on one computer and the other computer still working fine !!!!!!!! ( i have the same beta on both computers ) and the problem has two parts
1st : FSB on start gives me Msg that it cannot load historical data folder and it going to open the integrated folder   so i have to accept and change the folder every time

2nd : when start generator it runs maximum 100 runs and some times 30 runs and stop after few seconds

See attachment

I have also the same problem. It started today.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

Dear All

See attachment

I had the same problem with HTF indicators (custom). I deleted them and it works fine again.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder v2.50.2.0 Beta