forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 5 of 7)

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Footon's indi corner

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

101 (edited by Hannes 2017-06-15 13:33:03)

Re: Footon's indi corner

footon wrote:

I tried to add additional components in order to have 2 closing prices for one position. Code-wise everything works but FSB is not recognizing the second price as a valid closing price and neglects it. Unfortunate to have these limitations. Screenshot illustrating the issue attached.

The other workaround is to have 2 indis for long and short separately as closing conditions, then it should work, but it will introduce lag because bar needs to close first. Should I follow it through?

Yeah the solution with 2 indis is what I proposed, but the lag due to waiting for the bar close is annoying, especially since breakouts often start with a long bar. Would appreciate if you followed through. I don't know how you would do that, though, since you don't have access to the fsb code, or do you?

https://s15.postimg.org/879x9wl6z/bal.jpg

Screenshot - long gets stopped out at the right time, second trade gets closed at right profit level.

2 indis attached, closing conditions.

Post's attachments

HHL profit line.cs 20.59 kb, 50 downloads since 2017-06-17 

HHL stop line.cs 20.5 kb, 45 downloads since 2017-06-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks.

104 (edited by footon 2017-06-20 21:10:24)

Doji and Pin with closing condition possibility.

EDIT: and corresponding mqh files for export.

Post's attachments

Doji M.cs 4.55 kb, 51 downloads since 2017-06-20 

DojiM.mqh 4.39 kb, 43 downloads since 2017-06-20 

Pin Bar M.cs 6.48 kb, 54 downloads since 2017-06-20 

PinBarM.mqh 5.84 kb, 46 downloads since 2017-06-20 

Footon,

I am sorry to have not noticed that you had posted these indy's here after I was asking about them on the other thread, I hope you didn't think i was rude!

I have just downloaded them and added them to the use files, they have shown up in FSB Pro, and I am about to start playing around with them.

If you coded them after my request, then I thank you twice!

Cheers,
Simon.

Simon, don't mention it, better late than never! smile

Fixed ATR Trailing Stop.

Post's attachments

ATR Trailing Stop.cs 17.29 kb, 73 downloads since 2017-09-03 

Hi,
I feel silly asking this but....
I dont know how to get these indicators into my FSB to that I can use them. Can someone please help me.

Thank you
Carol

Hey Carol,

You can do this manually by:
1. Download the indi;
2. Put it in the Indicators folder in the FSB directory.

Or in a more automated fashion open Repository in FSB, select indicators you would like to download and the program will download them for you.

Some indicators are available only in forum because after some updates I can't access the repository (http://forexsb.com/repository/repository_indicators/) and update or upload new indicators, therefore those have to be added manually to the program.

Hope this helps! If you have more questions, fire them away, there's nothing silly about it smile

Thank you so much Footon.

Hey Footon,
Is there a description of what the pin bar indicator does?
I am hoping to use it as part of a strategy.  It seems to only do buy trades. Is that true? 
If so how do I make it look at both buys and sells?
Also I would like to know how the % doji is defined and the % pin bar.
Does the % doji mean that the body of the bar is a min of x percent of the total length of the bar?
Does the % pin bar mean that the bottom pin needs to be a min of x percent of the total length of the bar?

Thank you
Carol

Hi Footon,
I have downloaded PinBarM so do I have to add this one manually?  I do not see it in the repository so I am guessing that I need to add this one manually to the program.  Does this mean that I have to export the program to mt4 and then copy the code across to the program or is there somewhere within fsb that I copy it to?
Sorry I am still a bit lost.
Sorry for all my questions.

Thank you
Carol

Hey Carol,

Is there a description of what the pin bar indicator does?

Yes, the logic describes what it does. For example, "Long on pin bar" means it will give a buy signal when pin bar represents itself on chart.

It seems to only do buy trades. Is that true? If so how do I make it look at both buys and sells?

It is true in this sense that it does not feature mirroring logic, what you can do is define long and short condition with 2 pin bar indicators. For instance, you can set it up that one pin bar indi goes long at pin bar and the second indi goes short on inverted pin bar. BUT you have to use different logical groups for both indis. Just choose group B for one of the indis and it will be ok. Screenshot below for illustration.

https://s17.postimg.org/3yn3dloaz/bal.jpg

Does the % doji mean that the body of the bar is a min of x percent of the total length of the bar?
Does the % pin bar mean that the bottom pin needs to be a min of x percent of the total length of the bar?

Yes, you are correct!

Hi again smile ,

I have downloaded PinBarM so do I have to add this one manually?

Yes, after you have downloaded it, put it in the Indicators folder and restart the program.

Does this mean that I have to export the program to mt4 and then copy the code across to the program or is there somewhere within fsb that I copy it to?

If you want to export strategies with Pin Bar M or other custom indicators, you'll need to make sure there's an .mqh version of the indicator available. In the above post you have the said indi in .cs version and .mqh version. .cs version goes to Indicators folder located here -> \Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Indicators

And .mqh version goes to here -> \Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Custom

Copy the files to their corresponding places and off you go smile

No need to be or feel sorry, I know it takes a while to get up to speed with the program, it's normal and all good! smile

Hey Footon,

Thank you so much for your help.
smile

Hannes wrote:

The only way I could imagine to set the TP at twice the opening range, is if there was a version of the "Hourly High Low" with a "Multiplier" parameter. So if I had an opening range of 40 pips, I could use Hourly High Low with a Multiplier of 3 as a closing point. This would be 60 pips away from the middle of the opening range and therefore 40 pips away from the opening of the position. Here's what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/V8a7fwT.png

Also, this would allow one to use a multiple of the range as TP and at the same time the lower bound of the original range as SL. That would be:
Closing Point -> Bar Closing
Closing Condition -> Hourly High Low "The bar closes below the hourly low" Multiplier = 1
Closing Condition -> Hourly High Low "The bar closes above the hourly high" Multiplier = 3

neutral .

I would really like to try using the HHL profit line and HHL stop line conditions in the way it is described here but I don't know how to get the program to buy in the middle of the range.  Could someone please give me some hints smile
Thank you

117 (edited by footon 2018-01-06 12:54:26)

Carol, sorry for not seeing your post earlier. In regard to your question - I found a HHL Middle indicator. I reckon if you use it with "bar opens above/below after opening above/below" logic it should be what you're after.

Forum member Zenoni had an idea of how to make a different kind of weekend closing indi. Apparently some have still struggles with closing positions at Friday. Anyhow, I did create an mqh file for an old indi made by Krog. Zenoni tested it out and said it works. This indicator allows additional conditions to be used as well.

Post's attachments

DayOfWeekExit.mqh 4.15 kb, 28 downloads since 2017-12-27 

Day_of_Week_Exit.cs 7.63 kb, 29 downloads since 2017-12-27 

thank you Footon

footon wrote:

Carol, sorry for not seeing your post earlier. In regard to your question - I found a HHL Middle indicator. I reckon if you use it with "bar opens above/below after opening above/below" logic it should be what you're after.

Hi Footon,
How do I create the .mqh file?

Thank you
Carol

I made a quick port to mqh. I needed to tidy up the cs version as well, update them both.

Post's attachments

HHL middle.cs 17.75 kb, 67 downloads since 2018-01-06 

HHLmiddle.mqh 9.29 kb, 56 downloads since 2018-01-06 

Hello Footon, Thanks for providing the HHL middle. Is it possible to add an option for a multiplier and an option for the separate calculation of the high and low of the period? I tried it but I am desperate.

With kind regards

Tobias, FSB is limited by parameter numbers, so it's kinda hard, half or more variables have to be hard-coded.

These - https://forexsb.com/forum/post/44340/#p44340 - are more suitable for modifications, if you are planning to go along that route.

Thank you very much Footon, exactly what I was looking for.

thank you Footon

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Footon's indi corner