forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 4 of 7)

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Footon's indi corner

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Footon's indi corner

I tried the updated repulse indicator, but I got the following error message:

http://s5.postimg.org/8p63qlrir/repulse.jpg

zenoni wrote:

I tried the updated repulse indicator, but I got the following error message:

http://s5.postimg.org/8p63qlrir/repulse.jpg

Thanks for the report, working on it now.

Regarding Repulse, I finally reproduced the crash on Pro, but unfortunately I'm out of wits, old on older works without problems, new on Pro just doesn't like to be optimized... Maybe I'll figure this out someday, but for now it's trash bin material, sorry. I removed Repulse from every location I knew of, advise to do the same on your ends.

Hey..

Thanks for all the work you have poured into FSB over time.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thanks, Dave!

After I raise my hands and state my failure, I go a bit mental and come back with anger - a sign of madness? Anyhow, that's what happened, gloves off and all I used an axe instead of a knife, so to speak. Now it works. It's something about how Pro optimizer uses data. Long story short -  for this version if there are less than 3500 bars, indicator fails. Silently. That's the plan anyway. No crashes or errors on my end. Make some noise if something is still off.

3500 bars may pose a problem for trading though... Bear that in mind.

Post's attachments

repulse.cs 22.43 kb, 37 downloads since 2014-10-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi all,
I'm so glad to be back on this forum since a while back.

Would like to ask for some help from the more experienced members here.

I've downloaded all of the indicators created by "footon"  and copy them in folder "indicators", but when I start the program I see ERROR message for all of them:

File name: Adaptable MACD.cs
ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file [Adaptable MACD.cs].

File name: AroonUpDown.cs
ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file [AroonUpDown.cs].

File name: Better Bollinger bands.cs
ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file [Better Bollinger bands.cs]...

...and so on.

What am I missing?
Is there a thread or sub-forum where I could find what each indicator is capable of, features, logic etc?

Also, is there a directory where I can find and download all of the custom indicators made from all members from the beginning till now and posted for the forum?

Thanks in advance!

zezo wrote:

Hi all,
I'm so glad to be back on this forum since a while back.

Would like to ask for some help from the more experienced members here.

I've downloaded all of the indicators created by "footon"  and copy them in folder "indicators", but when I start the program I see ERROR message for all of them:

File name: Adaptable MACD.cs
ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file [Adaptable MACD.cs].

File name: AroonUpDown.cs
ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file [AroonUpDown.cs].

File name: Better Bollinger bands.cs
ERROR: Obsolete format of source code in file [Better Bollinger bands.cs]...

...and so on.

What am I missing?
Is there a thread or sub-forum where I could find what each indicator is capable of, features, logic etc?

Also, is there a directory where I can find and download all of the custom indicators made from all members from the beginning till now and posted for the forum?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Zezo,

Those indis are available at repository. Since Pro version came out there was new indi standard introduced. Every indi got converted. LINK

I should remove those indis from the first post and provide only the list and the link, shouldn't I. Confusion is bad.

Thanks!

83 (edited by footon 2022-01-02 11:19:32)

Ichi M is fully functional now, mqh version included. Please test it out and report any issues.

EDIT: fixed versions re-uploaded.

Post's attachments

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo M.cs 30.4 kb, 15 downloads since 2022-01-02 

IchimokuKinkoHyoM.mqh 17.9 kb, 13 downloads since 2022-01-02 

hello footon
regarding to your indicator linear regression line iam trying to add shift function by any means but failed
kindly may you help adding the shift function
thanks in advance

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

hello footon
regarding to your indicator linear regression line iam trying to add shift function by any means but failed
thanks in advance

Bar shift or price shift?

footon wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:

hello footon
thanks in advance

Bar shift or price shift?

bar shift

With shift.

Post's attachments

Linear Regression Line V3 w shift.cs 16.46 kb, 31 downloads since 2016-06-05 

footon wrote:

With shift.

thanks footon thumps up

It's indicator news!

Custom Donchian Channel is updated in the repo as a bug was fixed. Thank you Hannes for reporting!

Keltner Channel Crossover was updated to v2.5, all baseprices are returned with a ATR calculation fix.

Hey Footon love your work and appreciate how you help out.

I downloaded your Spud Fibo v3 indi, but there is no MQL code provided. Any chance of getting that coded up for use with FXSB Pro?

Just a curious q is there a reason as to why some custom indi's have both C# and MQL while others don't? Is a matter of work load or something?

Thanks again for your contributions.

"Robustness is a mustness" - jimmy

.mqh version is necessary for export function, if it's missing, EA cannot be exported.

Most of those indis are dating from pre-export period, from the days of the old FSB. And few .mqh-s might be missing from laziness smile And some indi contributors are not well versed in porting the .cs one to .mqh.

But I'll add Spud to my to-do list, can't give you a deadline, though.

But I'll add Spud to my to-do list, can't give you a deadline, though.

Thanks for the response. I am in the "process" of learning C# and MQL so hopefully I can contribute one day.

Thanks again, appreciated!

"Robustness is a mustness" - jimmy

After https I can't login to repo, I'll post Spud here, update the cs file also (delete library file as well).

Post's attachments

Spud fibo v3.cs 17.46 kb, 53 downloads since 2017-06-12 

SpudFibov3.mqh 9.57 kb, 49 downloads since 2017-06-12 

94 (edited by Hannes 2017-06-13 12:26:52)

Hey footon, didn't want to open a new thread for this.
Is there a way to realize an opening-range-breakout system that has a multiple of the opening range as TP or SL? Let's say I use "Hourly High Low" for the Opening Point. The only way I could imagine to set the TP at twice the opening range, is if there was a version of the "Hourly High Low" with a "Multiplier" parameter. So if I had an opening range of 40 pips, I could use Hourly High Low with a Multiplier of 3 as a closing point. This would be 60 pips away from the middle of the opening range and therefore 40 pips away from the opening of the position. Here's what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/V8a7fwT.png

Also, this would allow one to use a multiple of the range as TP and at the same time the lower bound of the original range as SL. That would be:
Closing Point -> Bar Closing
Closing Condition -> Hourly High Low "The bar closes below the hourly low" Multiplier = 1
Closing Condition -> Hourly High Low "The bar closes above the hourly high" Multiplier = 3

Unfortunately it is still not possible to use "Hourly High Low" as a Closing Point with additional Closing Conditions, though neutral .

Hannes, you don't need 2 indis for that, 2 variables are needed (multipliers).

Post's attachments

Hourly High Low M.cs 21.12 kb, 31 downloads since 2017-06-13 

96 (edited by Hannes 2017-06-13 15:58:08)

footon wrote:

Hannes, you don't need 2 indis for that, 2 variables are needed (multipliers).

Exactly what I needed. Thanks.

EDIT: I think there's a bug. With short positions, the criteria are not inverted.
So if I have a lower multiplier of 1 and an upper of 3, long positions close correctly at the lower bound and one added range on the upper side. But when a short position is opened at the lower bound, it is immediately closed (it should be closed at the upper bound)

EDIT 2: I'm not sure what the bug is.. but something is off.

Or maybe I misunderstood the parameters. Assuming the indicator is bug-free, how would you realize the above scenario from the screenshot?

Yeah, I thought about it over the night and it is not doing what it is supposed to do. The main problem is that indis don't get position info in FSB. But I thought about a couple of workarounds, I'll try them later in the day and see if those correct the behaviour.

Much appreciated.

I tried to add additional components in order to have 2 closing prices for one position. Code-wise everything works but FSB is not recognizing the second price as a valid closing price and neglects it. Unfortunate to have these limitations. Screenshot illustrating the issue attached.

The other workaround is to have 2 indis for long and short separately as closing conditions, then it should work, but it will introduce lag because bar needs to close first. Should I follow it through?

Post's attachments

bal.JPG 47.14 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Footon's indi corner