Topic: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

In general, I'm using FSB Wish List - Requested features from Forex Strategy Builder forum to get ideas, but you can post here specific requests for FSB Pro.

Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

Blaiserboy wrote:

I wonder if there could be some sort of change for 'Break even' in that with original version, sometimes we will have a take profit of, say, 100, and the generator wants to use a BE of 1000. Would there be a way to control BE or define a maximum or a range.?

Blaiserboy wrote:

Is it possible to incorporate a ratio between take profit and stop loss..... so that take profit could be set as  2 * Stop loss or similar. Some users may wish to predefine ratios between Take profit and Stop loss and break even.....

Probably I have to redesign generating of strategy properties.
Maybe  adding suggested generating ranges will satisfy both request.

Instead of "Do not change Something", we can use "Generate Something in range"

[check] Generate Same Direction Signal
[check] Generate Opposite Direction Signal

[check] Generate  Stop Loss in range [min] [max]
[check] Generate  Take Profit in range [min] [max]
[check] Generate  Break Even in range [min] [max]

When an option is unchecked, Generator will preserve initial value.

(Or: "Change something..."  instead of "Generate something..."  ??)

Thanks

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

If i select the highly needed upgrade  is a manual or build in help  focused deeply  on coding strategies , indicators, functions  lets name it FSB language premier , Because when i compare  other software in the market i noticed the most popular software are those come with 1000s of indicators  So we need more focus on programming indicators & indicators functions

wish it comes true in near future

I wish there is multi time frame for RSIOMA indicator and for other major indicators too

hannahis wrote:

I wish there is multi time frame for RSIOMA indicator and for other major indicators too

I think that if you are to look a little closer at the page you will see a facility for higher time frames for each indicator.

Once you have 'called' the indicator and it appears on your screen, you can click on it and see what the variables are

check the pic

Post's attachments

daveM - SNAG-00019.jpg 94.82 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-02-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hopefully all will be working with this new version and learning about its features so that we can be helping to ensure that the features we want are made known to the developer.

Some people made suggestions a few months ago in another thread...... but there may be more things that are missing that are easy to program.

FSB Pro uses the same basic principles as FSB Freeware but it was entirely rewritten in order to allow easier expansion. So, now is the moment to request features.

9 (edited by Blaiserboy 2013-02-14 12:07:14)

I am using every opening point and opening logic etc in the generator to see if I can locate anything to modify.... I have 5 instances running at this time. lol

I recall asking, at one time , to be able to lengthen the smoothing period of some indicators, I think you have made this available with the over ride feature...?  eg I would like to try a setting of 500 on RSI for one test.

I can make overriding of indicators much easier with adding such an option in the program. Source code of bundled indicators will be public. So to override an indicator will be necessary to put the original file in the Indicators folder. That's it. No changes will be required beyond the functionality you want to modify.

I think generator needs a property to change indicators min. max search value. If i want a smaller RSI period search(for example if i want to limit period to 0-20), i should able to set generator to search 0-20. So the generator can search different strategies by using RSI's period of 0-20 (instead of default 0-200 ).

Hello,

How about Renko and RangeBars? It would be very helpful, there is no tool to create EAs with those charts.

snorri wrote:

Hello,

How about Renko and RangeBars? It would be very helpful, there is no tool to create EAs with those charts.

Already possible, Krog and I covered it a while back, haven't you noticed? As rnk/rng charts are not native to MT or FSB, you have to be alert to use them correctly. That applies to trading, too.
Link to thread: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/2550/ran … -possible/

To Add HTF to opening point of position  For example enter at high of previous  (D,4h) for a strategy using 30 M data

Hello Popov

The idea of Look left not implemented in the FSB function , could it be coded with the new FSB Pro

It will help finding older levels of support and resistance

Adding More Price bar styles
1- HA
2- Kaji
3- Candlevolume chart
4- Equivolume Chart
5- Renko
6- Three line Break

17 (edited by ahmedalhoseny 2013-02-14 23:18:23)

1- Upgrading Pivot Point to work with More Time frames '' available now One Day& one bar ''

2- to add pivot point to opening logic condition indicators.

3- expand the functions of Top Bottom price  add two extra functions
a- bar opens above after opening below
b- bar opening below after opening above

To increase the fixed reference points  for example we have O,H,L and close to calculate indicators
Low[iBar - 2] && High[iBar - 1]

Lets say we need fractal point  UpFR[iBar - 2] > UpFR[iBar - 3] .....etc

Top[iBar - 2] > Top[iBar - 3]

Bottom[iBar - 2] > Bottom[iBar - 3]

also this will help us apply other indicators using the extra new reference points so we can calculate moving averages on ' open, high,low,close, UpFR,DnFR,Top,Bottom,HAhigh,HALow,..........etc''

Is it possible to make optimizer not working with numerical values only !!!!

I would like to be able to see some way of building internal scripts of some type to perform various tasks.  The upcoming 'Roslyn' stuff from Microsoft (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/roslyn.aspx) looks like it may work.

ab wrote:

I would like to be able to see some way of building internal scripts of some type to perform various tasks.  The upcoming 'Roslyn' stuff from Microsoft (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/roslyn.aspx) looks like it may work.

I like this idea......

22 (edited by ahmedalhoseny 2013-02-15 03:37:24)

1-In optimizer we have Min & maximum option , could we have such option in generator as well to limit the numeric values  of indicators up to specific level  i think it will reduce the time of generating strategies

2- also could we have two modifications to ''vertical shift option '' 1st is to limit it to specific limit , 2nd option is to turn it off

NB : i know there is an option in settings called ''only use default numeric values '' if it is checked so it will turn off the vertical shift but will fix other numeric values to default only  , so if this option is broken down into its parts for more flexibility that will be fantastic

Another parameter could be useful. When you create new strategy ion FSB I would like to see parameter
Daily profit - either specified in percentage of deposit or base currency. You see it as result but i would like to add it as filter in generator.
Thanks!

Top 10 strategies is the only option to show only a part of successful strategies   , could we see  more freedom about strategies list  for example in top 10 option  we find strategies match the settings and limitations and then compared with the previous found strategy and if it exceeded it so it count among winners   
Could we have more relaxed option of finding winners ''  only compare the strategies with settings and limitations only without comparing with the previous found strategy ''  also to increase the number of top strategies to be the maximum number allowed 100 , 200 or even more

I would like to see the generator and optimizer processes support multiple processor cores on a single machine (although the ability to distribute workload across multiple machines would be awesome).

My thinking is that a multi-threaded generator would be able to run the same type of process as now, but across all (or a set number of) cores, or be able to run a single core generator process but use the remaining cores for peripheral generator tasks (such as searching for the best SL, TP, BE, position size, etc).