Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

Can I use FSB Pro on Dukascopy JForex Platform? If can't, can it be done one day?  I like Dukascopy tight spread and trading environment, if only I can use FSB Pro on it

There is a bridge, it works with FST, I haven't tested it on the FSB Pro. Using with FST it has stability issues.
http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/3843/jforex-fst-bridge/

hannahis wrote:

Can I use FSB Pro on Dukascopy JForex Platform? If can't, can it be done one day?  I like Dukascopy tight spread and trading environment, if only I can use FSB Pro on it

Thanks Zenoni for the link.

Does FST supports the longer time frame strategies used in FSB Pro?  i.e. can I use the FST to run the FSB Pro strategies that contain multiple time frames/periods?

hannahis wrote:

Thanks Zenoni for the link.

Does FST supports the longer time frame strategies used in FSB Pro?  i.e. can I use the FST to run the FSB Pro strategies that contain multiple time frames/periods?

No, LTF is not featured in FST.

Hi,
I like to import the tickdata from the tickdatadownloader.
With this tool I don´t need a jforex login at duka.
It is possible that you can add the importfilter for this tool ?

http://www.strategyquant.com/tickdatadownloader/

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

I do have plans to improve tick testing in Forex Strategy Builder Professional. I'll either TickDataDownloader or TickStory Light.

Point to ponder.....

I wonder if, at some time, you could develop a 'metric' or filter that would cause the generator to eliminate equity lines that are less than a certain degree of slope.

ie, say we want an upward slope of 45 degrees or 20 degrees or something similar, and we want to eliminate any results that do not comply.

Just an idea that I have had for a while........ it may well be impractible, I merelyt wanted to suggest it.

Thanks

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I wonder if, at some time, you could develop a 'metric' or filter that would cause the generator to eliminate equity lines that are less than a certain degree of slope.

Actually you can do it right now. You have to use three Acceptance Criteria parameters:

- Minimum profit per day - it will guarantee the angle of the slope relative to your initial account and count of days in the data series. 

- Maximum equity drawdown percent- checks that the equity line will be close enough to the balance line

- Filter non-linear balance pattern - it will assert that the balance chart will be close to a theoretical slope line. The parameter shows the deviation percent of the balance line.

http://s29.postimg.org/rx7ng919v/screenshot_699.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/8gmxtq65v/screenshot_700.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmmm  wow. I have no idea as to how to apply those together....

Thank you for the illustration.

daveM

update:

Thanks for sharing this,  this is a much easier technique to get a good equity slope, I have had some good success since you posted the information.

I did get an excellent Equity curve using this approach, took me a couple days and a lot of experimenting but I do like the result. Low drawdown and a fairly straight line which I have had trouble achieving in the past without a lot of tinkering.

Thanks again!

Update

After another 500,000 iterations....... hahaha, I used multi markets and found that my little creation will work on three pairs, they have very similar Equity Curve. I assume that the thing is robust.

http://s29.postimg.org/u4wj0jgpv/Dave_M_0091.jpg

Can FSB Pro incorporate GPU computation, it looks like the parallel computing using CUDA can speed up the search for strategies ?

Can the maximum opening and closing logic slot be increase from the current 8 to 10 ?

mel8331 wrote:

Can the maximum opening and closing logic slot be increase from the current 8 to 10 ?

Max numbers are fixed to 8. This is connected with the work of the logical groups: http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/logical_groups

Eight slots must be pretty enough for every one. A normally strategy requires 2-4 condition slots. If you use more indicators, you greatly increase the risk of over-optimization.

Can FSB Pro incorporate GPU computation, it looks like the parallel computing using CUDA can speed up the search for strategies ?

Current releases use the CPU only. The development of GPU calculation module will increase the complexity and the price of the product the practical necessity.

Hello,

in montecarlo test it would be nice to have 'Randomly Closed Positions' split into 'Profitable' and 'Unprofitable' and also to be able control 'Pip count' or 'Percentage of Equity' above or below which it will close randomly. Like random TP and SL. In this case it would be possible to test Strat as Position Opener, with manual closing which can survive or maybe not by itself.
As i like sometimes to close, positions or part of the position, manually on the running strat if i see 'something that only me can see' smile.

141 (edited by mel8331 2014-11-07 11:25:19)

Can we incorporate the "No loss zone recovery" technique that is shared in this video, Millionaire Forex Trader Shares Secret Strategy For First Time!!  ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyAeujRwLxM

The "Zone Recovery" technique could be added when the strategy is used in live trading, the technique is supposed to at work breakeven in the even the original position is at a loss.

mel8331 wrote:

Can we incorporate the "No loss zone recovery" technique that is shared in this video, Millionaire Forex Trader Shares Secret Strategy For First Time!!  ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyAeujRwLxM

The "Zone Recovery" technique could be added when the strategy is used in live trading, the technique is supposed to at work breakeven in the even the original position is at a loss.

I have tested the no loss zone recovery technique live, which is a type of hedging to minimize loss if not profit from a wrong initial entry and it works. It will be good to optimize the size and at what price it should put this technique into action.

Would be wonderful if it can be incorporate as an option in the strategy.

Hi there

I have just purchased 2 copies of pro. It seems you have stopped using the old free version which is a bit of a problem for me as I cant find anyway of sorting the tick data from Truefx.

Is there anyway of doing it with pro or is there some other workaround?

Thanks

Cibbia

Hello Cibbia,
Welcome in the community and thank you for purchasing a FSB Pro license.

Truefx is not yet included in Forex Strategy Builder Professional, but add it in the next release.
You can still use the legacy FSB if you have it.

Option for Optimizer to optimize the Strategy Properties parameters.

mel8331 wrote:

Option for Optimizer to optimize the Strategy Properties parameters.

I have an idea that software to do all that you are wanting would cost in the range of $7,000 per copy and that would exclude most of us from using it.

On page http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/bar_explorer it is said:
The colored line below the graph shows the status of the position. Red depicts a short position, green – a long one, orange – closing the position.

Would that be possible to have the closing position colored in a more contrasted color than orange?

dkg11hu wrote:

Would that be possible to have the closing position colored in a more contrasted color than orange?

We are planning to add color themes in the future versions, where you will be able to change the color to what is best for you.

There is something that would help Zulutrade Signal Providers.
  So I wonder if it is possible for FSB Pro to offer the option to open multiple positions
with a 30" delay when it uses martingale.
  For example:
   First Step    0.01 lot with one position of 0.01 lot.
   Second Step 0.02 lots with two positions of 0.01 lot with 30" delay
   Third Step 0.04 lots with four positions of 0.01 lot with 30" delay and so on.

Νοῦς ὁρᾶ καί νοῦς ἀκούει.

150 (edited by mathimatikos 2014-11-18 18:02:04)

A problem which can make a strategy useless is over optimization.
Over optimization can happen even using the most simple strategy.
Somebody can easily find how over optimizated is his strategy
simply changing a little each value of his selected indicators.
If a small change of a value causes big change (mainly down)
in profit curve then the strategy is overoptimizated.

So I believe that it would help a lot to integrate to Generator
and Backtest a tool that defines the intervals of stability
for each selected value and indicator.
I must say that I do this work manually in order to find reliable
and realistic strategies; I first generate or write myself a strategy
and then I change manually the value of each indicator to find the
stability interval and then I choose the middle of the interval as
the value of my strategy. It looks like optimisation but it is different.
Optimisation seeks for distinct values that maximise profit without
stability control.
This analysis can be done separately for each value of a given
strategy.
Also someone could define in advance the interval of stability
for StopLoss TakeProfit Break Even and so on.
Also it would be very useful for traders who have some particular
strategies in mind and wand to explore using the generator
some more stable variations of these. By this way it could be
more realistic to define in advance the intervals of stability that
they need for each selected value inside their indicators.
So when the generator starts working and selects a value, the
next step will be the acceptance of this value according to the
stability needed.
Something else that I must say is that I suspect that some
indicators are more or less sensitive to their value change
so the generated strategies which use them are more or
less sensitive respectively. Anyway I suppose that a stability
tool could improve them too.

Νοῦς ὁρᾶ καί νοῦς ἀκούει.