Topic: Create an addon for EAs

What about that idea.
Now we generate strategies and let the code be small and clean when export portfolio.

But i saw some ideas and wishes with some extra settings like lotsize calculate percentage , martingale or some other extra stuff.

why not ccreate a addon specially to add this? So we can upload an portfolio and by click add some extras and it will implemented in the code automatically the functions.

Re: Create an addon for EAs

You are correct!

I'm working on a new product, which I will release in November.
After that, I will try to make the FSB Pro experts work on MT Hedging accounts.

Then, I will work on adding new features to the EA Studio experts. I was also thinking of making addons that are to be enabled for the expert. But recently decided to have all code available within the exported robots. It will be much easier to switch them on and off and adjust them via parameters without the need to import and re-export them from EA Studio.

Daily Equity Drawdown/profit target close parameters would be amazing to have for those working on proprietary trading firm accounts.

Example: you lose the account when you draw down more than 5% of your account's initial balance. So the trader might set it to automatically close all the trades at 3 or 4% so that they can sleep with peace of mind knowing that their system will close all trades and won't reopen them until the next trading day. Would maybe need a setting for when to start trading again too. Even though the markets turn over at the same time every day, some prop firms do their daily equity drawdown calculations starting an hour or two before or after the daily market close.

Matthew Roberts wrote:

Daily Equity Drawdown/profit target close parameters would be amazing to have for those working on proprietary trading firm accounts.

Example: you lose the account when you draw down more than 5% of your account's initial balance. So the trader might set it to automatically close all the trades at 3 or 4% so that they can sleep with peace of mind knowing that their system will close all trades and won't reopen them until the next trading day. Would maybe need a setting for when to start trading again too. Even though the markets turn over at the same time every day, some prop firms do their daily equity drawdown calculations starting an hour or two before or after the daily market close.

I use a 3rd party EA called "Take a Break" just for this reason. It also lets me suspend and re-enable EAs individually per symbol for news.

Matthew Roberts wrote:

its quite easy to do. when drawdown reached close all trades...set a flag to e.g allowtrade to false. and let say it ccan start on next day...so we can set the allowtrade flag to true if a new daily candle is started..

aaronpriest wrote:
Matthew Roberts wrote:

I use a 3rd party EA called "Take a Break" just for this reason. It also lets me suspend and re-enable EAs individually per symbol for news.

Can you share the Take a Break Expert Advisor or will we have to buy it?

kitomc wrote:
aaronpriest wrote:
Matthew Roberts wrote:

Can you share the Take a Break Expert Advisor or will we have to buy it?

You'd have to buy it from the marketplace, but it's worth it.

Popov wrote:

You are correct!

I'm working on a new product, which I will release in November.
After that, I will try to make the FSB Pro experts work on MT Hedging accounts.

Then, I will work on adding new features to the EA Studio experts. I was also thinking of making addons that are to be enabled for the expert. But recently decided to have all code available within the exported robots. It will be much easier to switch them on and off and adjust them via parameters without the need to import and re-export them from EA Studio.

Hello Mr. Popov, it would be great and useful if these addons included risk management, especially Funded Trading Prop Firm to follow those rules like , close trade in news , max drowdown daily reache...etc like Roughey say and evoid use 3er party expert advisor like aaronpriest do .