forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → EA Studio -- 'Working Minutes" not working...

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: EA Studio -- 'Working Minutes" not working...

Perhaps this is a problem unique to my PC -- I don't know.  But I figured I would report it to see if anyone else has run into the same problem.

When I run the Reactor I'll set 'Working minutes' to 300 and generation should continue for 5 hours.  However, beginning 1-2 weeks ago, the generation stops after some random time.  It rarely runs longer than an hour.

I run EA Studio in a browser tab that is both active and visible -- in fact, it may be the only page.  I've tried this on Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Edge -- same result -- the generation stops, the button remains red and says 'Stop', and the 'Time' is frozen.

As I mentioned above this used to work until a week or two ago.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Re: EA Studio -- 'Working Minutes" not working...

I'll test it.

Do you see errors in the console?

3 (edited by sleytus 2022-08-30 05:47:10)

Unfortunately no errors, warnings or log info.

I ran EA Studio in Firefox.  There is a single tab and it is visible.  I cleared the console output and started Reactor.  It stopped after 15 minutes.  The button remains red and says 'Stop', but the 'Calculated' and 'Time' displays are frozen.

As I mentioned in the previous post, all had been working fine until about a week or so ago...

BTW -- this is a Windows 10 PC.

Popov wrote:

I'll test it.

Do you see errors in the console?

Please export and send me your settings.
I'll run a test.

I've attached a file with my current settings.

Also, I ran the Reactor using Chrome on MacOS and it also froze -- but its console reported an uncaught error.  Perhaps this provides a clue:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'balance')
    at BacktesterStatsCalculator.getAverageHPRPercent (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:22317)
    at BacktesterStatsHelper.getStats (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:23360)
    at Backtester.calculate (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:32913)
    at Optimizer.doCalculation (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:110760)
    at Optimizer.mainLoop (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:110320)

Popov wrote:

Please export and send me your settings.
I'll run a test.

Thank you for the report!

The bug appears when Walk Forward cuts data for the segments. The segment data can become lower than required by a strategy.

I uploaded a fix.

Wow! Amazing!  Thank you very much for the quick fix.  And it makes perfect sense.  About a week ago I began including Walk Forward in my work flow.  Furthermore, I use smallish data horizons -- so, when the data horizon gets cut into 5 segments and further divided into IS and OOS then there aren't many bars to work with.

I'm testing the fix now and it's looking good.  I'm a happy camper...  smile

Popov wrote:

The bug appears when Walk Forward cuts data for the segments. The segment data can become lower than required by a strategy.

I uploaded a fix.

8 (edited by sleytus 2022-10-09 22:49:26)

Hello Popov,

While experimenting with Walk Forward I again ran into an exception related to the earlier one.  I've posted a debug screenshot from Chrome.

https://snipboard.io/1t40M7.jpg

I'll check it tomorrow.

It was the same issue as before.

Now I limited EA Studio to not try to compute backtesting stats when there are no deals. (which makes perfect sense smile )

This is excellent -- thank you, Popov.  I've been running it for a few hours and all looks good...   smile

Popov wrote:

It was the same issue as before.

Now I limited EA Studio to not try to compute backtesting stats when there are no deals. (which makes perfect sense smile )

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Portfolio Expert → EA Studio -- 'Working Minutes" not working...