Topic: EA Studio -- 'Working Minutes" not working...

Perhaps this is a problem unique to my PC -- I don't know.  But I figured I would report it to see if anyone else has run into the same problem.

When I run the Reactor I'll set 'Working minutes' to 300 and generation should continue for 5 hours.  However, beginning 1-2 weeks ago, the generation stops after some random time.  It rarely runs longer than an hour.

I run EA Studio in a browser tab that is both active and visible -- in fact, it may be the only page.  I've tried this on Chrome, Opera, Firefox and Edge -- same result -- the generation stops, the button remains red and says 'Stop', and the 'Time' is frozen.

As I mentioned above this used to work until a week or two ago.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Re: EA Studio -- 'Working Minutes" not working...

I'll test it.

Do you see errors in the console?

3 (edited by sleytus 2022-08-30 05:47:10)

Unfortunately no errors, warnings or log info.

I ran EA Studio in Firefox.  There is a single tab and it is visible.  I cleared the console output and started Reactor.  It stopped after 15 minutes.  The button remains red and says 'Stop', but the 'Calculated' and 'Time' displays are frozen.

As I mentioned in the previous post, all had been working fine until about a week or so ago...

BTW -- this is a Windows 10 PC.

Popov wrote:

I'll test it.

Do you see errors in the console?

Please export and send me your settings.
I'll run a test.

I've attached a file with my current settings.

Also, I ran the Reactor using Chrome on MacOS and it also froze -- but its console reported an uncaught error.  Perhaps this provides a clue:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'balance')
    at BacktesterStatsCalculator.getAverageHPRPercent (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:22317)
    at BacktesterStatsHelper.getStats (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:23360)
    at Backtester.calculate (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:32913)
    at Optimizer.doCalculation (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:110760)
    at Optimizer.mainLoop (app.js.gz?v=211123:1:110320)

Popov wrote:

Please export and send me your settings.
I'll run a test.

Thank you for the report!

The bug appears when Walk Forward cuts data for the segments. The segment data can become lower than required by a strategy.

I uploaded a fix.

Wow! Amazing!  Thank you very much for the quick fix.  And it makes perfect sense.  About a week ago I began including Walk Forward in my work flow.  Furthermore, I use smallish data horizons -- so, when the data horizon gets cut into 5 segments and further divided into IS and OOS then there aren't many bars to work with.

I'm testing the fix now and it's looking good.  I'm a happy camper...  smile

Popov wrote:

The bug appears when Walk Forward cuts data for the segments. The segment data can become lower than required by a strategy.

I uploaded a fix.

8 (edited by sleytus 2022-10-09 22:49:26)

Hello Popov,

While experimenting with Walk Forward I again ran into an exception related to the earlier one.  I've posted a debug screenshot from Chrome.

https://snipboard.io/1t40M7.jpg

I'll check it tomorrow.

It was the same issue as before.

Now I limited EA Studio to not try to compute backtesting stats when there are no deals. (which makes perfect sense smile )

This is excellent -- thank you, Popov.  I've been running it for a few hours and all looks good...   smile

Popov wrote:

It was the same issue as before.

Now I limited EA Studio to not try to compute backtesting stats when there are no deals. (which makes perfect sense smile )