1 (edited by Arsnuova 2022-02-27 14:45:51)

Topic: FSB brains and logic

Good day,
I am reopening a question that I asked in 2017. What is the real closing logic of this strategy? How actually FSB "thinks"? Btw, I consider myself as an advanced FSB user even though I have never and will never trade real money. I am just a huge fan of this product for about 10 years or more. For me it is just a thrill, fun and game, like a gold rush where those rare luckies hit it big. It is because of those 99% that fail, I will never go give my money to some damn institutions. For some unknown reason I am just very fascinated about forex world and this product actually helped me to dig in.

The strategy:

Market
     Symbol  -  EURJPY
     Period  -  M1

Trading Size
     Maximum lots  -  0,04
     Trading units  -  lots
     Entry units  -  0,01

Strategy Properties
     Same direction signal  -  Nothing
     Opposite direction signal  -  Nothing
     Stop Loss  -  None
     Take Profit  -  None
     Break Even  -  None

[Opening Point of the Position]
     Bollinger Bands
     Enter long at Upper Band
     Smoothing method  -  Simple
     Base price  -  Close
     MA period  -  20
     Multiplier  -  2.00
     Use previous bar value  -  Yes

Signal shift  -  0
     Indicator symbol  -  Default
     Indicator period  -  Default

[Closing Point of the Position]
     Bar Closing
     Exit the market at the end of the bar
     Base price  -  Close

[Closing Logic Condition]
     Bollinger Bands
     The bar closes below Lower Band
     Smoothing method  -  Simple
     Base price  -  Open
     MA period  -  2
     Multiplier  -  2.00
     Use previous bar value  -  No

Logical group  -  a
     Signal shift  -  0
     Signal repeat  -  0
     Indicator symbol  -  Default
     Indicator period  -  M15

Well, it's a thrill to see a curve like this however, I doubt you will ever find one that will really get you a gold nuggets. You can create many fail strategies like this, using a Bar closing point of position, some bands or averages with "Open" base price and higher time frame... You can aslo create many fail strategies without Bar closing point of position but that is another story.

https://i.postimg.cc/cKHStRy6/balance-chart.jpg

Closing logic of FSB? One example:

https://i.postimg.cc/YhYgTFP4/indi-chart.jpg

I really need an answer about how the FSB actually closes trades in this case, what logic does it use? It is deffinitely not closing according to logic of this strategy. MT4 backtest is closing exactly how it is supposed to work and according to this strategy rules. And it fails of course. I think it is essential to understand the product, especially if it is designed and sold to help and educate you and supposedly help make you some money.

I have found some different "holly grail" strategies that fail for particular reason. Most commonly they fail because of huge spreads around midnight. Have you found this kind of strategies? Please post them.

Finally, I have created some strategies using the FSB that work for years in demo so please go ahead and learn the program! It is awesome if you take really deep insight. I didn't buy it, sorry guys but I am lucky to be able to use new computers weekly so I use demo all the time. Some day I will consider donating to this company.

Re: FSB brains and logic

Anyone, please? Thx for yur time

Can you be more specific where it goes wrong in your opinion?

Can you be more specific where it goes wrong in your opinion?

If you take a look in closing logic of bollinger it sais the bar closes below lower band however on the picture of fsb indicator chart you can clearly see that it doesn't close below lower band. And it is the case with many closings.
The thing is that I asume that fsb in this strategy is closing for no particular reason on the places that suit the program to get a nice positive curve. Please check the same strategy on fsb and then make a backtest on mt4 and you will see huge difference. Actually mt4 closes exactly where it suppose to close and the strategy makes huge loss.

Many thanks for your future reply and explanation.

Arsunova what you have found is a bug, a look ahead bias issue.

Change Base price Open from the bband closing slot to Close price , or replace the Bar Closing with a different one and you will see how the behaviour is the expected.

It doesn't work right, but I doubt it is looking ahead, seems to look too far back, I contacted the developer about this, hopefully it gets fixed before new release.

Marti wrote:

Arsunova what you have found is a bug, a look ahead bias issue.

Change Base price Open from the bband closing slot to Close price , or replace the Bar Closing with a different one and you will see how the behaviour is the expected.

Exactly! I have made many tests with Bar Closing. When using Open base price and higher time frame within the indicator in combination with Bar closing you get false results. Popov said back then that it is a bug but I wanted to know what logic the fsb uses to close it that way.

footon wrote:

It doesn't work right, but I doubt it is looking ahead, seems to look too far back, I contacted the developer about this, hopefully it gets fixed before new release.

Hm, I am not a programmer. However, if it looks back, then we have a holy grail because you can then program the fsb to look back to win the future. I wanted to know why it closes that way because there must be some logic behind this bug.

The problem is that it seems to use bar closes from the longer timeframe, therefore it seems intentional, I'll make further checks.

EDIT: this didn't check out.

footon wrote:

The problem is that it seems to use bar closes from the longer timeframe, therefore it seems intentional, I'll make further checks.

EDIT: this didn't check out.

Awesome! Don't keep it secret if you find the "intention" that could be implemented:) And you are right, fsb can't look ahead when there is no live data. I tested with mt4 and fsb trader and closings are correct. I wanted to say that fsb probably looks at whole data and adapts the curve somehow. It is interesting that when using oos, the curve will still be perfect in the green part.

11 (edited by Arsnuova 2022-03-11 19:31:22)

And I forgot, beside Bar closing, base price Open, higher time frame within the indicator, you must use "Close below lower band" or "Close below the moving average"!