Topic: Managing Portfolios of EA's

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to EA Studio and it's not fully clear to me how I can manage portfolios in EA Studio.

As I understand, one of the main reasons for portfolio trading is avoiding having to open hundred of charts on MT4.

I generate strategies once a month and group these into a 'portfolio' for each currency pair I am trading. For the subsequent months I am doing the same thing etc. But instead of generating another 'separate' portfolio for each currency pair every month, is there a way to combine the strategies by adding them to the existing portfolio for each pair - while keeping the magic numbers consistent  / continuous / undisturbed?

Secondly, is there a way to 'extract' individual strategies from these portfolios for trading in a 'real' account?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Managing Portfolios of EA's

Currently, it is possible to do it only manually by editing the Portfolio Expert code.

We will start working on a Portfolio analyser software from the beginning of 2021.

Re: Managing Portfolios of EA's

Wayfarer wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to EA Studio and it's not fully clear to me how I can manage portfolios in EA Studio.

As I understand, one of the main reasons for portfolio trading is avoiding having to open hundred of charts on MT4.

I generate strategies once a month and group these into a 'portfolio' for each currency pair I am trading. For the subsequent months I am doing the same thing etc. But instead of generating another 'separate' portfolio for each currency pair every month, is there a way to combine the strategies by adding them to the existing portfolio for each pair - while keeping the magic numbers consistent  / continuous / undisturbed?

Secondly, is there a way to 'extract' individual strategies from these portfolios for trading in a 'real' account?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Wayfarer.

You might want to look at a new tool we've developed called Strategy Samurai. You can read more about it here Strategy Samurai and here https://www.bluecapitaltrading.com/prod … y-samurai/

Using Strategy Samurai combined with the FX Blue Personal Trade copier it is possible to completely eliminate the need to extract good strategies from portfolio experts on your demo account and move them to your live account by instead copying trades from the good strategies. This has several advantages including: scalability, ability to copy trades to multiple accounts with ease, keeping the same magic numbers and therefore the trading history and statistics. All you have to do (if required) is periodically generated new strategies and put them on the demo account.

Keep an eye out on the forum for a more detailed look into Strategy Samurai soon wink.