forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Forum

Forex Software, Forex Strategies, Expert Advisors Generator

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Forum → Premium Club → Loading Strategies from a Portfolio

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Loading Strategies from a Portfolio

Hi,

I have created a portfolio of 10 strategies and exported this into a Portfolio Export. I did not take a note of which individual strategies make up this portfolio since I have a few hundred that I chose from.

Now I want to see the 10 individual strategies again - one of the stop losses is not working and want to check what I put.

How can I load back the 10 strategies from the portfolio expert?

1. Portfolio / content / upload - only works on JSON files.
2. Validator and then take off acceptance criteria and have the files recalculate.

So - number 2 seems to work OK. Is this the best way of doing this?

Thank you ,
Matthew

2 (edited by ats118765 2020-05-29 02:17:51)

Re: Loading Strategies from a Portfolio

Minch wrote:

Hi,

I have created a portfolio of 10 strategies and exported this into a Portfolio Export. I did not take a note of which individual strategies make up this portfolio since I have a few hundred that I chose from.

Now I want to see the 10 individual strategies again - one of the stop losses is not working and want to check what I put.

How can I load back the 10 strategies from the portfolio expert?

1. Portfolio / content / upload - only works on JSON files.
2. Validator and then take off acceptance criteria and have the files recalculate.

So - number 2 seems to work OK. Is this the best way of doing this?

Thank you ,
Matthew

Yep Minch. In addition to removing acceptance criteria you might also want to turn off 'resolve correlations' as sometimes this eliminates a strategy or two during the validation. The Validator is one of my favourite tools in EA Studio. :-)

Diversification and risk-weighted returns is what this game is about

Re: Loading Strategies from a Portfolio

Thanks Rich - that is really helpful to know I am going about it in the right way. There is such a lot to take on board, its good to have this forum to bounce ideas around and test out what I am doing.

I am also using the Validator more than anything else - it is actually quite versatile and I love that you can also load in MT4 strategies directly.

I appreciate the tip about the correlation - it's an easy one to miss and I have been confused by strategies disappearing between the validator and collection due a mixture of sheer duplicates and overly correlated strategies.

Onwards !

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Forum → Premium Club → Loading Strategies from a Portfolio