Topic: Loading Strategies from a Portfolio

Hi,

I have created a portfolio of 10 strategies and exported this into a Portfolio Export. I did not take a note of which individual strategies make up this portfolio since I have a few hundred that I chose from.

Now I want to see the 10 individual strategies again - one of the stop losses is not working and want to check what I put.

How can I load back the 10 strategies from the portfolio expert?

1. Portfolio / content / upload - only works on JSON files.
2. Validator and then take off acceptance criteria and have the files recalculate.

So - number 2 seems to work OK. Is this the best way of doing this?

Thank you ,
Matthew

2 (edited by ats118765 2020-05-29 02:17:51)

Re: Loading Strategies from a Portfolio

Minch wrote:

Hi,

I have created a portfolio of 10 strategies and exported this into a Portfolio Export. I did not take a note of which individual strategies make up this portfolio since I have a few hundred that I chose from.

Now I want to see the 10 individual strategies again - one of the stop losses is not working and want to check what I put.

How can I load back the 10 strategies from the portfolio expert?

1. Portfolio / content / upload - only works on JSON files.
2. Validator and then take off acceptance criteria and have the files recalculate.

So - number 2 seems to work OK. Is this the best way of doing this?

Thank you ,
Matthew

Yep Minch. In addition to removing acceptance criteria you might also want to turn off 'resolve correlations' as sometimes this eliminates a strategy or two during the validation. The Validator is one of my favourite tools in EA Studio. :-)

Diversification and risk-weighted returns is what this game is about

Re: Loading Strategies from a Portfolio

Thanks Rich - that is really helpful to know I am going about it in the right way. There is such a lot to take on board, its good to have this forum to bounce ideas around and test out what I am doing.

I am also using the Validator more than anything else - it is actually quite versatile and I love that you can also load in MT4 strategies directly.

I appreciate the tip about the correlation - it's an easy one to miss and I have been confused by strategies disappearing between the validator and collection due a mixture of sheer duplicates and overly correlated strategies.

Onwards !