Topic: FSB EAs not creating trades in MT4
I would like to ask for some on the following issue, please.
I have optimised 20 EAs each for M1; H1; H4 and D1 timeframes and have linked these up in my VPS running MT4. This is really a test at this point to see how and when the trades are created rather than a strategy, but so far I cannot get these to work.
What is happening is ... nothing. The EAs are all attached to the respective charts and I made the following checklist:
1. Autotrading is Green and I have the Smiley face
2. Live trading selected in EA properties
3. Long and Short properties are enabled
4. Allow DLL imports checked
5. Allow import of external experts is checked
6. No error messages in the Experts tab except for one EA (due to bars missing) but I am running 99 others with no results
7. No error message in Journal, everything is loaded up OK
8. Connection to broker server is OK - prices are updating in the VPS.
I suspected initially there may be an issue with a VPS but when I place a trade manually, this shows immediately on my account.
I backtested the EAs with my own broker data in FSB and was getting at least 3-5 trades per day on the M1 charts alone, so I would have expected in the region of 100 trades+ now that its been running for 2 days. So the EAs are working.
I did ask for help on the MT4 forum, too, but then got reamed out by some guy saying he wasnt going to go through thousands of lines of code and that, generally, EAs generators were prone to error. Well, good for him, but that doesnt help me much.
I just cant think of what the issue might be - unless there is something in the VPS that needs to be turned on in order to make it work.
Can anyone suggest what might be going on here? Could this be a slippage issue? Something in the application I didnt check?
Is there a way to create an EA with very light parameters so that it places a trade every minute and its easier to test?
I created these in the trial period, by the way, might this have something to do with it?