forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → FSB EAs not creating trades in MT4

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by Minch 2019-06-05 17:22:16)

Topic: FSB EAs not creating trades in MT4

Hello,

I would like to ask for some on the following issue, please.

I have optimised 20 EAs each for M1; H1; H4 and D1 timeframes and have linked these up in my VPS running MT4. This is really a test at this point to see how and when the trades are created rather than a strategy, but so far I cannot get these to work.

What is happening is ... nothing. The EAs are all attached to the respective charts and I made the following checklist:

1. Autotrading is Green and I have the Smiley face
2. Live trading selected in EA properties
3. Long and Short properties are enabled
4. Allow DLL imports checked
5. Allow import of external experts is checked
6. No error messages in the Experts tab except for one EA (due to bars missing) but I am running 99 others with no results
7. No error message in Journal, everything is loaded up OK
8. Connection to broker server is OK - prices are updating in the VPS.

I suspected initially there may be an issue with a VPS but when I place a trade manually, this shows immediately on my account.

I backtested the EAs with my own broker data in FSB and was getting at least 3-5 trades per day on the M1 charts alone, so I would have expected in the region of 100 trades+ now that its been running for 2 days. So the EAs are working.

I did ask for help on the MT4 forum, too, but then got reamed out by some guy saying he wasnt going to go through thousands of lines of code and that, generally, EAs generators were prone to error. Well, good for him, but that doesnt help me much.

I just cant think of what the issue might be - unless there is something in the VPS that needs to be turned on in order to make it work.

Can anyone suggest what might be going on here? Could this be a slippage issue? Something in the application I didnt check?

Is there a way to create an EA with very light parameters so that it places a trade every minute and its easier to test?

I created these in the trial period, by the way, might this have something to do with it?

Thank you,
Matthew

Re: FSB EAs not creating trades in MT4

Will they run on your computer....... have you tried that?

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hi Blaiserboy,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did try them on my laptop but nothing seemed to work there either, but then again I didnt want to leave it running for ages and I figured the EAs just be taking their time. Footon already PM'd me and advised that they need room to breathe, which is a fair point, and that's why I tried the VPS route - my laptop was getting hot by that point.

Im thinking, if they backtested and created trades, the code must be OK but something isnt translating into MT4. The obvious answer is that I set up MT4 incorrectly but I already trawled the usual websites to find out the obvious causes (eg autotrading button etc)

Would it be worth attaching one of the EAs into this thread so that someone could try it out in MT4 perhaps?

Not sure also if its worth mentioning that I have a mac and used parallels to run FSB trial and then loaded MT4 into Windows 10 and the VPS is on Windows 8 (I think).

Thanks,
Matthew

Hello Matthew,

Please check the MT's Expert and Journal tabs for messages. The experts must write something in case of errors. If everything is fine there, it must be mater of time to open a trade.

Please test the experts on the MT Tester. If they open a and close even a single position, they must be OK. 

If you see any messages, please post them here and we will find what is going on. You can also post screenshots of the charts where the experts are running. They must show two columns of indicator values. We may see if something is wrong.

Anyway, you may export a very simple expert that open and close a position at every bar and run it for a test.

Thank you, Popov - I will do that and post back. I need to pick up my new windows laptop in the next few days and will access the results.

Matthew

Dear Popov,

Hope you are well. I need to just follow up on my previous post, please.

I am trying to create a simple strategy now that will open and close at every bar on a 1 minute chart, as you suggested. Can you please help on a couple of points:

1. I have "Bar Opening" and "Bar Closing" as my logic conditions but my understanding is that these are not enough to create a strategy, they just indicate at what price point the trade should enter. If I try to add an additional logic condition to enter a trade, I do not see anything there to initiate a trade at the start of the bar. I might be doing this wrong - would you please be able to attach a screenshot/example of what I need to set up to test a trade that opens/closes every single bar

2. Can I export the strategy direct from the editor without needing to generate anything else? Ie just "save as expert advisor"? I assume so.

3. Is there a way to limit the number of conditions within the generator, e.g. I am getting strategies with 2 or 3 conditions - I only want, for example, to backtest ONE strategy that I define in the editor, not add multiple conditions on top of it. Even if I lock them, I get added conditions in there that I do not want.

4. i have just downloaded the vortex indicator again and there are still problems with this, as reported before and by a few different people. Any chance of having this fixed?

Thanks,
Matthew

Hello,

You can easily make a strategy that opens and closes at the same bar.

I generated an example for EURUSD D1.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/open-and-close-at-the-same-bar-thumb.png

You can limit the Generator's logical rules. I used that to create the above strategy.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/limit-generator-logical-rules-thumb.png

Thank you, I didnt see previously the "max number of slots" option under the generator smile

I think this issue may be close to a resolution.

I did a new EA and this created trades in both FSB and MT4 backtesting, although for some reason the backtesting in MT4 stopped in 1984. But getting trades first of all was a milestone.

I then attached the EA to a chart in demo and saw that there were a bunch of messages in the expert tab. Some of these related to margin (I realised I was trading lots instead of % on the EA, so likely didnt have enough funds in there - I added a million and a trade was created!)

Other messages were errors with SendOrders, which seem to be down to connectivity. I think that my display was going to sleep and suspending MT4.

That doesnt explain why - when I was using the VPS - no trades were created and Im pretty sure I was using % in the previous ones,  but no matter - I have seen now its possible so I can retest these on a VPS, a bit more confident.

Many thanks,
Matthew

Matthew, it is essential to have a reliable machine and network to trade safely. Understanding the specifics of the algo-trading with MT also contributes to the successful experience.

Please note that you can switch off the monitor without interrupting the trading process. However, your local computer must be always on. This may not be an issue on a VPS.

Thanks Popov, I agree - MT4 is learning curve and not the most intuitive.

Is there a particular VPS that you might recommend in terms of reliability?

Notice that calls to Dll's imports are forbidden  in the VPS servers .

Unchecked the option : " Allow DLL imports " form Tools/ EA.

And try again . Possibly because you have this option checked all the robots are stopping.

Also search in google:

virtual hosting  MT4 does not allow dll

Please let me know if where able to correct the issue.

Max

Notice that calls to dll's imports are forbidden  in the VPS servers .

Unchecked the option : " Allow

DLL

imports " form Tools/ EA.

And try again . Possibly because you have this option checked all the robots are stopping.

Also search in google:

virtual hosting meta-trader 4 does not allow dll

Max

Notice that calls to Dynamic Link Library imports are forbidden  in the Hosting servers .

Unchecked the option : " Allow

Dynamic Link Library (DLL)

imports " form Tools/ EA.

Also search in google:

virtual hosting meta-trader 4 does not allow dll

Max

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → FSB EAs not creating trades in MT4