Topic: "Previous Bar Opening" vs "Bar Opening"

I recently started experimenting with Previous Bar Opening -- with some nice results.  What is the rationale or thinking behind using the "previous" bar as a requirement to generate a signal?  I did some Googling but couldn't find anything.

Thanks...

Re: "Previous Bar Opening" vs "Bar Opening"

I do not think there is a great significance except that we are using price action as an indicator. ie we may specify a doji or an engulfing bar as part of our strategy. (just an opinion)

I see -- thanks, Blaiserboy...

Blaiserboy wrote:

I do not think there is a great significance except that we are using price action as an indicator. ie we may specify a doji or an engulfing bar as part of our strategy. (just an opinion)

So you're employing a mix of strategies? Is that fair to say, Blaiserboy?

I have quite a few strategies, yes.

Initially, years ago, I used only a few.... recently, I changed that to quite a few more than a few.

Sleytus was good enough to develp and share his application 'MT4-Tracker' which allows us to analyze the performance of, I guess, an unlimited number of strategies with only a few mouse clicks. That changed the game.

Then he shared his 'Portrfolio Maker' app which allows many strategies to be compiled into 1 EA, thereby increasing the capacity of Metatrader4 tremendously.

So...... I spend a lot of time generating new strategies each day, trying different things and then forward testing them.

I do not have a count of the strategies that I am testing, I know that a couple people have more than 1,000.

Use FSBPro to the fullest and test every thing that you can invent, it is well worth the effort.