Topic: "Previous Bar Opening" vs "Bar Opening"

I recently started experimenting with Previous Bar Opening -- with some nice results.  What is the rationale or thinking behind using the "previous" bar as a requirement to generate a signal?  I did some Googling but couldn't find anything.

Thanks...

Re: "Previous Bar Opening" vs "Bar Opening"

I do not think there is a great significance except that we are using price action as an indicator. ie we may specify a doji or an engulfing bar as part of our strategy. (just an opinion)

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I see -- thanks, Blaiserboy...

Blaiserboy wrote:

I do not think there is a great significance except that we are using price action as an indicator. ie we may specify a doji or an engulfing bar as part of our strategy. (just an opinion)

So you're employing a mix of strategies? Is that fair to say, Blaiserboy?

I have quite a few strategies, yes.

Initially, years ago, I used only a few.... recently, I changed that to quite a few more than a few.

Sleytus was good enough to develp and share his application 'MT4-Tracker' which allows us to analyze the performance of, I guess, an unlimited number of strategies with only a few mouse clicks. That changed the game.

Then he shared his 'Portrfolio Maker' app which allows many strategies to be compiled into 1 EA, thereby increasing the capacity of Metatrader4 tremendously.

So...... I spend a lot of time generating new strategies each day, trying different things and then forward testing them.

I do not have a count of the strategies that I am testing, I know that a couple people have more than 1,000.

Use FSBPro to the fullest and test every thing that you can invent, it is well worth the effort.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....