forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → historical data won't load

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: historical data won't load

hello,

i am a newbie and i do not know how exactly this software works just yet.

so i instaled the forex strategy builder (along with the bridge) just as i saw it in a tutorial posted by popov. than i created a data source folder and named it fxdd. than i opened mt4 platform i loaded history data (can't remember the source) it was M1 bars for 18 months and i saved the csv file from mt4 directly in the fxdd folder (the data source i created it in foresx strategy builder).

when i click new strategy, it gives me this error - Could not find "C:\Program files\...fxdd\EURUSD1.csv" file.
why?
what am i doing wrong? is it becouse it's just the trial period? why doesn't it load the historical data?

pls help, thank you

Post's attachments

img.jpg 311.62 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: historical data won't load

Post a screenshot of your newly created folder.

Probably the naming is off, M1 must be named EURUSD1.csv, M5 EURUSD5.csv and so on.

ok, so the first time i think i might have saved the file in hst format (i'm not sure) i just saved it from mt4, and it didn't work. as oposed to exporting the history (not saving it) which stored it as csv file and now it works.

but the thing is the history was quite big, 18 months M1 bars (aprox 500 000 bars). but the program doesn't seam to be able to load more than 50 000 bars which is a way smaller sample.

i went to control panel - data horizon - and changed the maximum data bars to a much higher number than it was, but it can't go higher than 50 000. i also did that to maximum intrabars which doesn't seam to go higher than 100 000.

is there any way to increase those numbers? 50 000 M1 bars are not even close to 'enough'. that is somewhere to 2 weeks. what if i need to backtest 1 year or more of M1 bars? can i do that?

Post's attachments

img2.jpg 71.82 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

but the thing is the history was quite big, 18 months M1 bars (aprox 500 000 bars). but the program doesn't seam to be able to load more than 50 000 bars which is a way smaller sample.

Please see this topic: http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/5221/ple … mitations/

ok, footon and popov thanks alot guys. i had to export the history from mt4 (in csv format) in order to work. and by changing the .json file i was able to change the maximum limit of loaded bars and now the program has loaded all my 550 000 bars.

thanks again guys

Post's attachments

img3.jpg 374.36 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → historical data won't load