forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Possible Glitches - DowJones/US30 Premium Data

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Possible Glitches - DowJones/US30 Premium Data

Hello everyone, I am a new user of EA Studio (EAS) and a brand new forum member. I have been testing the platform for a little over a week now. I find it simply amazing except for one very frustrating set of issues I’m having with the DowJones/US30 stop-loss and take-profit settings. I don’t know if there’s a bug in the system or if I am doing something wrong without realizing it. Either way, I am hoping that a few sets of eyes can help shed some light on the issues. I’ll try to explain the problems the best I can and also attach a few screenshots to help you understand what’s going on.

I am using the M1 Premium Data. All the relevant symbol specifications for my broker have been  obtained from MT4 and entered in EA Studio’s custom Symbol Settings, including a spread of 170 (please see screenshot).

ISSUE#1: incorrect Min/Max price of US30 under Data Statistics (please see screenshot)
The Min/Max prices seem to be 10X bigger than what they should be: 314232.29 and 356857.99!!! US30 has never reached those levels.

ISSUE#2: margin used is 10X bigger than normal.
When I enter a trade size of 1 lot under Strategy Properties, the Margin used shows as 3363.88 USD instead of 336.39. Please note that I have set the leverage at 1:100 to match my broker. I am guessing that the incorrect margin shown is 10X bigger bigger because the Min/Max prices shown under Data Statistics are also incorrect by a factor of 10.

ISSUE#3: the range (in USD) of the Stop Loss (SL) and Take Profit (TP) seem incorrect (please see screenshot)
Based on a lot size of 1 and the min/max pips entered for US30 under Strategy Properties, I think the SL range should be 2.70 USD – 11.70 USD, not 52.85 USD – 61.85 USD!

As far as the TP range, it should be 0.00 USD to 9.30 USD, not -50.15 USD - -41.85 USD!

Notice how in all four cases, the values are off by 50.15 USD. Very strange and frustrating. I cannot figure out what’s causing those discrepancies. I tried EVERYTHING I could think of: rebooting computer, logged out/logged in again, used different computers, cleared PC’s history/cache, used different values in Symbol Settings, but nothing has worked!!! I am hoping that someone can either show me what I am doing wrong if I am the problem OR have EA Studio fix the bug if that’s what it is.

Thank you very much for your anticipated help!

Post's attachments

Data Statistics - Incorrect Min-Max Prices - US30 - M1 Premium Data.png 66.37 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Incorrect Margin-Stop loss and Take-profit.png 89.4 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Symbol Settings - US30 - M1 Premium Data.png 36.07 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Possible Glitches - DowJones/US30 Premium Data

The bug is confirmed.

It looks like the row data comes with 3 decimal digits but the actual digits are 2. The result is that the prices appear as if they were multiplied by 10.

I'll find the problem and will fix it later today.

I changed the configuration, and now it is parsed as if it were two digits.

Please reload EA Studio with Ctrl+F5.

The prices are OK, but there is still something wrong with calculating the Margin and the SL/TP values.
I'll try to find the problem.

Thanks, Popov. I followed your instruction and reloaded EAS with Ctrl+F5 a few times, but I notice that the Min/Max prices are still reading 314232.29 and 356857.99 under Data Statistics, which is 10X than normal. And yes, you're right, the margin/SL/TP calculations are still off.

As a curiosity, I decided to test other assets. I noticed that for XAUUSD and DEUIDXEUR, although the Min/Max prices are correct under Data Statistics, the margin/SL/TP calculations are incorrect. So, it's possible that the issue goes beyond just US30 (??) I don't know the full extent.

Thanks for your continuing effort to resolve the issue.

I'm not entirely sure, but the SL/TP calculations for AUDCAD and GBPJPY seem a bit off to me also.

The deviation probably comes from the fact that I included commission in the default settings.
It is OK for the currency pairs but not for the commodities and indices.
The commission is per lot for the FX pairs, but it should be per 1 million dollars for commodities and indices.

I removed the commission from the settings from now.

8 (edited by mrkob72 2023-10-14 03:37:39)

Ok, thank you. Should I be able to see this change right now? I am asking because on my end, everything still looks the same as when I first reported the bugs. I tried Ctrl+F5, but all the bugs are still present. Nothing has changed yet.

It should work as expected.

I'll show you a trick to force a full reload of all resources.

Press F12 on your browser and find the "Network" tab.
Enable the "Disable cache" option.
Reload EA Studio. You will see the symbol information is updated. It comes with the "dukascopy.json.gz" file. Code 200 means the file is loaded from the server. Code 304 means that the file is loaded from a cache.
Disable the "Disable cache" option.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/force-symbol-info-reload-thumb.png

Hello Popov, thank you very much for teaching me that trick. I have used it to reload the file from the EA Studio server. Unfortunately, the only positive change I noticed after doing that is the fact that the margin shown is now correct for DEUIDXEUR and XAUUSD. Thank you. However, the SL & TP ranges still appear to be incorrect for those 2 and also the forex pairs, commodities, and indices. In addition, **everything** (Min/Max prices, margin, SL & TP ranges) is still incorrect for US30. Please see screenshots.

Also attached, please find 2 screenshots I took (luckily!) BEFORE the glitch was present. It will show you US30 Margin/SL/TP values that all made sense based on the settings I was using. I could easily understand those numbers; unlike what I am seeing currently.

Lastly, I am also re-attaching a screenshot of my Symbol Settings for US30 to see if there’s anything wrong there.

As a summary, here’s what I am observing:
- Forex pairs, commodities, and indices (except US30):
       Correct: margin used, Min/Max prices under Data Statistics
       Incorrect: SL & TP ranges still appear to be incorrect.

- US30:
       Incorrect (everything): margin used, Min/Max prices under Data Statistics, SL & TP ranges.

Thanks A LOT for your continuing effort and assistance in this matter. I hope it can be resolved.

Popov wrote:

It should work as expected.

I'll show you a trick to force a full reload of all resources.

Press F12 on your browser and find the "Network" tab.
Enable the "Disable cache" option.
Reload EA Studio. You will see the symbol information is updated. It comes with the "dukascopy.json.gz" file. Code 200 means the file is loaded from the server. Code 304 means that the file is loaded from a cache.
Disable the "Disable cache" option.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/force-symbol-info-reload-thumb.png

Post's attachments

1 - Screenshot Taken Before Glitch Appeared (When All Values Made Sense) - US30.png 78.59 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

2 - Screenshot Taken Before Glitch Appeared (When All Values Made Sense) - US30.png 81.55 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Data Statistics - Incorrect Even after F12 Reload from EAS Server - US30 - M1 Premium Data.png 226.59 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Incorrect Margin-Stop loss and Take-profit even after F12 reload from EAS server - US30 - M1 Premium Data.png 116.38 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Symbol Settings - US30 - M1 Premium Data.png 36.07 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Possible Glitches - DowJones/US30 Premium Data