forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Indicators that measure the slope of a moving average

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by lenolovecraft 2015-07-12 10:17:26)

Topic: Indicators that measure the slope of a moving average

Does anyone have recommendations for indicators that measure the slope of a moving average as an oscillator say between 0 and 1 or take the derivative?
I am interested in having a system that only trades when the market is moving sideways/the long term moving average has very little slope. Figured it would be useful as mean reversion tends to work best in these types of environments.

There must be pre-existing indicators that already have this as a measurement?
Alternatively can anyone else think of other ways of gauging whether a market is moving sidewards from an indicator?

thanks!

Re: Indicators that measure the slope of a moving average

I am not too much into the actual measurement of a slope but I use a couple moving averages to ascertain a trend.

For example  30 > 60  you can use the moving average crossover indicator for that........ check the variables and you will see what I mean.  Also Vidya Crossover... or Macd line is rising...... or CCI is rising.. so there are quite a few to tell if there is a slope.

As I mentioned, I have no clue as to how to measure a degree of slope. Perhaps someone else has some ideas.

I am not sure which combination of averages would be best for your application... maybe 10 -20 or 5 - 10, you have to establish that.

Welcome to FSBPro, hopefully you enjoy the software.

daveM

Re: Indicators that measure the slope of a moving average

Great thanks for your help! Totally new to the vidya, lots of new stuff to test out!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Indicators that measure the slope of a moving average