Topic: Problem reporting

As it is RC, sometimes it spits the errors to be reported.

I can choose not to report or send the report. In the latter case I must type my email address again and again.

It would be nice to let me define an address once and send the reports from there by default.

The problems arise when I put longer timeframe such as D1 or W1 either into either the conditions or the data horizon.

The system warns tha stat is not satisfactory and that may be correct.
However, then on, every time I do someting the error report window comes in and wants to report it.

Taht is both annoying and leads to not report them.

Re: Problem reporting

I am not sure that you have to complete the email, just send the thing.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

If you describe the exact steps leading to the bug reproduction, I'm sure I'll fix it for minutes.

If a crash happens several times, it is better to report it here in the forum. Analyzing crash reports is very time consuming. It takes days and weeks to find the reason for a bug.

finished generating and switched to Multi Markets and started that......

'Index was outside the bounds of the array'

It happened as soon as I started Multi mode.

Dave,
Can you reproduce it?

OK.

Here is the problem:

I have difficulties with changing the data horizan since I do not know whethet the correct data set is loaded.

I tried to use conditions in different timeframes.
It worked well as long as the system found the data stasitically applicable.
When it warned that its not enough data (with little exclamation icon in yellow triangle) the system started spitting the error report windows as many times as I clicked in the strategy.

When I changed the timeframe, ut stopped doing so.

When the trader is running as well, sometimes, the strategy being edited freezes and I should stop the system and exit and reload it and then it works. So far, I have not identified when it happens exactly. This time there is no error report window.

Popov wrote:

Dave,
Can you reproduce it?

Unfortunately I can not produce it at this time... I should have sent the error report, I guess.

My generator had been running for many hours and it could be that Windows had become confused as I had a few other things happening at the same time......

I usually run FSB Pro until I get some results that I like, save the results and then reboot....

If it happens again I will try to gather as much info as i can.

dkg11hu wrote:

OK.

Here is the problem:

I have difficulties with changing the data horizan since I do not know whethet the correct data set is loaded.

I tried to use conditions in different timeframes.
It worked well as long as the system found the data stasitically applicable.
When it warned that its not enough data (with little exclamation icon in yellow triangle) the system started spitting the error report windows as many times as I clicked in the strategy.

When I changed the timeframe, ut stopped doing so.

When the trader is running as well, sometimes, the strategy being edited freezes and I should stop the system and exit and reload it and then it works. So far, I have not identified when it happens exactly. This time there is no error report window.

Would you be able to get screen shots?  Particularly of the warnings, maybe even the whole page so Popov can have a look....

I also suggest that you email to him (his address is on his profile) your strategy so that he can try to replicate the condition. It may be that the different time frames do not have sufficient data for your application, he would have to see that for himself in order to be able to correct it.

Screenshot #1

Post's attachments

Snap35.png 59.34 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

10 (edited by dkg11hu 2014-08-24 18:07:59)

Screenshot #2

Post's attachments

Snap36.png 93.7 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Popov wrote:

Dave,
Can you reproduce it?

I was generating the robot in the pic, stopped the generator and went to multi and started it...... and the error appeared after about 2 or 3 were done...

I cant see the thing for images so I sent two pics in email

Mr. Popov everytime I optimize a strategy using FSB pro, with acceptance criteria. the Optimizer doesn't produce anything.. I'm pretty sure I already use not strict criteria.. This problem doesn't happen in Regular FSB..

Any idea how can it be like that??

Any idea how can it be like that??

Switch off all criteria and try to optimize. If it succeed, reset the strategy, turn on one criterion and start over.
You'll find what criteria is not satisfied.