forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

[ Closed ] (Page 2 of 3)

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder 2.67 Beta

Pages Previous 1 2 3 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: Forex Strategy Builder 2.67 Beta

I am specifically talking about the Trade Distribution Chart, I changed that parameter and it didn't have any effect. Sure it works on the equity chart.

SpiderMan wrote:

I am specifically talking about the Trade Distribution Chart, I changed that parameter and it didn't have any effect. Sure it works on the equity chart.

That's for Krog then, I'm guessing it needs a fix in that area, seeing a hallway doesn't help much.

At least it shows the equity increasing!

SpiderMan wrote:

How do I get the chart to display in pips rather than currency. In most of my models I select a percentage of account rather than a fixed number of lots so this is why it looks like a hallway. As the equity builds so does the profit and loss when the TP & SL are hit.

Sorry I couldn't get back to this earlier -- I think it's all currency, not pips. It gets the profit from a close, reduce, or reverse transaction (StatsBuffer.PosProfitLoss) which I think is the currency amount; or, might be pips * lots if you have it set to Account in Pips (Mr Popov may know more).

It sounds like you have this case:  in the early part of the data set, 1 lot is opened, it closes for 25 pip profit, so you want it to show "25". Then later as more lots are added as a percent of account, you would have eg, 3 lots that close at 25 pip profit, so would you want that to show as "25" or "75"? For now, it would show as "75" because it's the total profit/loss for the trade.

krog wrote:
SpiderMan wrote:

How do I get the chart to display in pips rather than currency. In most of my models I select a percentage of account rather than a fixed number of lots so this is why it looks like a hallway. As the equity builds so does the profit and loss when the TP & SL are hit.

Sorry I couldn't get back to this earlier -- I think it's all currency, not pips. It gets the profit from a close, reduce, or reverse transaction (StatsBuffer.PosProfitLoss) which I think is the currency amount; or, might be pips * lots if you have it set to Account in Pips (Mr Popov may know more).

It sounds like you have this case:  in the early part of the data set, 1 lot is opened, it closes for 25 pip profit, so you want it to show "25". Then later as more lots are added as a percent of account, you would have eg, 3 lots that close at 25 pip profit, so would you want that to show as "25" or "75"? For now, it would show as "75" because it's the total profit/loss for the trade.

I suppose at the end of the day it doesn't really matter, if you know what the chart is displaying you can interpret it. The only thing is that for consistency if you are displaying pips in the equity graph I think it should display pips in the Distribution Chart. I think as long as you know what it is showing it is fine.

I think it should display pips in the Distribution Chart.

This is easy to be done. I'll do it in the RC (Release Candidate).

I agree, it should match the settings the user selects. Another way of looking at it, the equity chart and the distribution chart are the same thing -- the equity chart has the time dimension for the x axis, and the distribution chart removes the time dimension. So, both charts should represent the same data of currency or pips.

How do you code that? I'll look at the next code change to see how it's done.

New problem: Anytime when I try to generate now a new strategy, it is using automatically the  martingale money management multiplier wheter I selected it or not. I think that this is a little error in the last FSB version....

mentosan wrote:

New problem: Anytime when I try to generate now a new strategy, it is using automatically the  martingale money management multiplier wheter I selected it or not. I think that this is a little error in the last FSB version....

Mentosan, please update to 2.67.3 beta. The bug is corrected there.

I've experienced a new issue a couple times recently that may or may not be a bug. I first noticed this in the beta before the current version, but it is also happening in the current version:

What happens sometimes is that Generator stops running calculations as if I had pressed 'Stop', and the 'Accept' button also lights up.

Today it happened on a strategy after about 12,000 calculations but Ive seen it happen on other strategies after about 3000. In each case I had left the Generator running for several hours and later noticed it had stopped by itself.

I'm not sure why it stops and there is no error message.

dusktrader wrote:

I've experienced a new issue a couple times recently that may or may not be a bug. I first noticed this in the beta before the current version, but it is also happening in the current version:

What happens sometimes is that Generator stops running calculations as if I had pressed 'Stop', and the 'Accept' button also lights up.

Today it happened on a strategy after about 12,000 calculations but Ive seen it happen on other strategies after about 3000. In each case I had left the Generator running for several hours and later noticed it had stopped by itself.

I'm not sure why it stops and there is no error message.

I have seen this a few times as well. But it has only happened to me on an old PC with 512k of memory so I assume it just gives up! Do you have a good amount of ram?

Yes I checked and the RAM is not near its max limit by far, so I don't think it's the issue.

Maybe it would help if there were a debug mode, like a log that could get written while Generator is running -- that way we could study the last thing it was doing.

By the way, almost forgot: I noticed when this problem happened today that in the Process List, FSB memory was changing up and down as if it were still running something, but the scrollbar had stopped and the Accept button lit back up.

Maybe the program needsa mechanism to report irregularities to the developer on an automatic basis, as for us to catch and figure out the problems is difficult.

I wonder if different computer systems from that of the developer have a role to play.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Generator may stop if there is a critical error during calculations. Such error may be Array Overflow or Division by Zero. In such a case Generator must produce an Error Message.
I haven't experienced such behaviour since long ago but actually I do not use custom indicators except the standard ones. Do you use any custom indicators?
Writing a detailed Generator log which can be used to reproduce a crash will be heavy operation.
Currently the program has two modes. "Release" mode is what you use. In it the calculation operations of the Generator are put in "try{} catch{}" block and should report all crashes. Other option is Debug mode. It is active when a developer debugs the program. In this mode the calculations are not protected and Generator must crash in case of an error. If it happens, the developer's debuger will point out the place of crash and the reason.
I'm running FSB mostly in Debug mode and fixing all bugs I can see.
If you can isolate conditions when the bug appears, in order to be able to reproduce it, I'll easily fix it.
Anyway, I'll check the code again.

Thanks Mr. Popov, I'll try to keep better notes about what I was doing that lead to the issue. In this most current situation, I left the Generator window open so I can still gather some info:
* it does use Day of Week Exit (I think that was Krog's custom indy?) I use this one frequently
* this particular run is using 197691 bars of M1 data -- not sure what causes an array overflow condition, but at the time I noticed the situation, FSB was consuming about 1.3 gigs of memory ... however this system has 4 gigs available so not near the limit
* 12442 calculations is where it stopped

41 (edited by mentosan 2012-03-16 18:42:29)

Thank you Popov !!!

Thanks Guys  this is Great smile

Forex Strategy Builder 2.68 RC uploaded.
For download link please see the first post in this topic.

- Improved Trade Distribution Chart
- Updated jForex data import.

I like the looks of the Optimizer screen...!! Helpful to have the original values showing.

Hello Dear Popov:
I think the martingale option have a minor bug. If you use the defaul option number of lot 20. martingale found property, But if you change lot number to 1.00, the journal position show lots -100000 and no add martigales, but if you select martingale 0.50 yes, found property  and reduce lots.
Thanks, Jaime.

When you set Martingale = 1, it doesn't change the entry lots.
When Martingale > 1, it increases the entry amount after loosing close.
When Martingale < 1, it reduces the entry after loosing close.

47 (edited by Popov 2012-03-30 13:37:21)

First ciao from Italy.
I just installed Forex Strategy Builder 2.68 RC on my PC
Windows 7 64Bit Professional
Asus notebook core i7 6gb of ram.
When i lunched it appears an error.
(see below).
After i press continue all fonts...windows size are different compared the same version installed on a windows 2008 r2
regards

Le informazioni su come richiamare il debug JIT (Just-In-Time) anziché questa finestra
sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.NullReferenceException: Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto.
   in Forex_Strategy_Builder.Journal_Positions.SetUpJournal()
   in Forex_Strategy_Builder.Journal_Positions.OnResize(EventArgs eventargs)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
mscorlib
    Versione assembly: 2.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
mscorlib.resources
    Versione assembly: 2.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Forex Strategy Builder
    Versione assembly: 2.64.0.0
    Versione Win32: 2.64.0.0
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Forex%20Strategy%20Builder/Forex%20Strategy%20Builder.exe

It's strange that the error log shows FSB v.2.64.

Can you uninstall the program, check if the programs folder is clean, and install it again?

Ciao Mr Popov,
i am sorry to inform you that i still have this error.
I removed the software also with uninstall software.
I rebooted the pc etc etc etc
but nothing.
I know that it is very strange..any ideas?
regards

Perhaps scan the PC to locate another copy of FSB, open the FSB directory to look for another copy, ensure that all old copies of the executable are deleted and then reinstall.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Builder 2.67 Beta