Re: FSB v2.57... Beta - hot new features

Yes, it is still with the Keltner as opening i am trying out. I was just curious why the previous bar value wasn't checked when I had it on automatic, but I now understand that it is suppose to be this way with the combination of the two indicators.
Thanks for all your support.

Hello,

Importing data from DucasCopy.

Followed the instructions but no matter how I try, I do not succeed in loading the files in FSB Beta.

Post's attachments

Q1_3600_2000.csv 106.09 kb, 8 downloads since 2011-01-02 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hello,

Problem solved. Great program!

Hello,

Sometimes the intrabar scanner stucks and never stop scanning. Also stop button on the scanner is not working. Can you look into this issue? Thanks.

Sometimes the intrabar scanner stucks and never stop scanning. Also stop button on the scanner is not working. Can you look into this issue? Thanks.

When one open the scanner, it checks if intrabar data have been loaded and if not, it starts loading data automatically. The scanner loads the data starting from the lowest time frame available (M1) and continues loading till it loads all time frames lower than the strategy native one. Between the different data files the scanner checks if the stop button has been pressed. If so, it cancels loading the next time frame. Once the loading is started, the scanner do not check for stop command.

If you experience long loading, that means very big or broken data file. Once the data are loaded the actual scanning proceeds instantly.

Dear Popov:

I have problems to import the data from Dukas copy. I have down load the data from Dukascpoy, And followed all the process, once I browse the folder, I click in Import and I dont get the files.

Problem solved, it was becuase the time fram I was using was to short in a long period. (!5 min for 7 years) and the program was not able to Import the files.

Forex Strategy Builder v2.57.11.0 - Beta

- Fixed wrong calculations of Required Margin and Account Percent Entry.
- Added absolute and relative Permanent Stop Loss and Take Profit.
- Some fixes in Intrabar Scanner.
- Some fixes in Strategy Optimizer.
- Many new features added in Strategy Generator - Top10 strategies, banned indicators, linked slots.
- Generator calculates Max equity drawdown percent only in account currency. Calculations in pips were removed.
- Added "Use default numeric values of parameters" option to Generator.
- German translation included. (Donated by Erich Weber)
- Fixed Russian translation.
- Many other smaller fixes were made.

(See the Download page for a download link.)

http://s1.postimage.org/29j6hcpvo/new_generator.jpg

Popov wrote:

Forex Strategy Builder v2.57.11.0 - Beta

- Added absolute and relative Permanent Stop Loss and Take Profit.

I'm glad to get the new version of the FSB big_smile .

Please tell more about the relative vs. permanent SL and TP options. Are both options fully compatible with FST?

Please tell more about the relative vs. permanent SL and TP options. Are both options fully compatible with FST?

The default condition of the Permanent SL and TP is "Relative". It corresponds to the older FSB versions and the current FST. Basically it means that any modification of an open position (adding, reducing ...) changes also the SL and TP levels. SL and TP are relevant to the last modification order.
Cotrary to that behaviour, the "Absolute" type of SL or TP makes them unchengiable until the position is closed. In that way, the TP and SL are set when we open a position and further adding or reducing doesn't change the them.

Actually you can see the difference between both options only when the strategy adds or reduces a position. Reversing a position is equal to close and open a new one in the opposite direction, therefore FSB applyes new TP and SL levels.

"Absolute" option is not compativble with the current FST.

36 (edited by jaimegue 2011-02-22 15:49:08)

Hello Sr. Popov:

Please would you can add to menu a new option is called "Portfolios" which they can add some systems .xml and see the combination of them and to use the same statistics for the portfolio that are used for a single system, but adding correlation and volatility. Is possible?

This option is used for software market system analizer or stator-afm but I don't know export the data from FSB to format MSA or STATOR. the format to export FSB is different to import from MSA or stator. Imagine 1500 trade to format one by one?

Thank you, thank you very much.

Jaime.

A German translation was added to the FSB v2.57.11.0 Beta installation file.
The translation was kindly donated by Mr. Erich Weber.

Hi,

I tried the latest beta, but I can't import data from JForex. I changed the regional settings to US, but it didn't solve the problem.
If you press on "Help" in the JForex Import tool you get a  link to a non existing page.

Anyway, thank you for your good work.

Hello:

Run strategy generator and some error with indicators.

http://s3.postimage.org/1nni5hwn8/FSBproblem.jpg

Thank you very much. Jaime.

Run strategy generator and some error with indicators.

We'll test extensively this version before mark it final.
Thank you for the report.

hello popov,

I have a question and I didn't know exactly where to ask and I saw that you are very active in this topic, so I decided to ask here.

I don't understand exactly why a positive backtesting has no good results in mt4... I tried 25 strategies with  very good results in backtesting but very bad results in mt4. Did you find a strategy wich is working like in backtesting until now? sebastian (sebastian.jercan@gmail.com)

I'm mentosan from the previous post. why am I banned?

seby9279 wrote:

I'm mentosan from the previous post. why am I banned?

Someone marked your first post as spam.

Seb, why multiple usernames and different IP addresses?

because I was banned and I don't understand why. you can see my first post. there is nothing wrong I think....

seby9279 wrote:

because I was banned and I don't understand why. you can see my first post. there is nothing wrong I think....

Yes, it's ok and visible now, I marked it as not spam.

Turning to your question, how did you carry out the backtest for 25 strategies? What sort of strategies they were? Did you generated them or developed manually? How extensively and intensively did you use the optimizer?

Thank you for your fast answer.

back to the question:I generated my strategies with FSB and I also optimised them every week. I started with 6 strategies on 5min, 15 min and 1h timeframe and because of bad results in MT4, after 1 month, I generated other very good strategies in backtesting but with the same bad results in MT4. I'm sure that is something wrong in what I'm doing. can you please help me? thank you and I'm sorry if I made something wrong in my previous posts.

Nothing wrong with your posts, actually the ban should be gone too, but it has to be confirmed by admin.

Firstly if you'd post 2 strats here, that would be very helpful. About specifics - how long was your data upon which strats were generated? Was that data FSB's default or your broker's? When generating/optimizing did you enable OOS (out of sample) setting?

At the moment there are 2 possibilities:
[*]Use of faulty custom indis which give unrealistic results[/*]
[*]Extreme case of over-optimization and curve-fitting, which renders any strat useless for live trading[/*]

Last note -  finding/developing a decent strat is not an easy task, especially if you have only 25 of them, you should consider testing at least 100 strats to find a working one, that's at least what experienced strat developers have written.

SEHR SEHR SEHR GUT UND DANKE SCHÖN HERR FOOTON   big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  cool !!! This is what I want to say. This is amazing, I didn't know about this function and you gave me a very good help. I think, this is the most important and intelligent function (OOS). From a pesimist mood now I have avery optimist one. In fact I saw discussions about this one but I didn't understand exactly what is about. Now is there another very important function? and of course, I'm using the broker's data. On wich timeframe is better to generate strats?

Nichts zu danken  big_smile There are many options to use when generating, but their real value will present themselves during the process. When using OOS, "Filter non-linear balance pattern" and "Filter bad OOS performance" might become very handy. I reckon it's better to define what you want from a strat and guide the generator with appopriate limitations to the right direction.

In principle all timeframes are suitable, just make sure you have long enough data period.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst!

I'm once again banned with the mentosan nick but this is not so important. I have one more question. In FST do I have also to look for a special function?