Re: FSB v2.57... Beta - hot new features

Hi,

thank you for beta version, i appreciate the Jforex import,

but it does not work for me,

i have 2.57.21.0 and when i click import Jforex data files and set up the directory with csv i did not load them - i mean list of iles is empty - program does not see them. I even tried to load csv from this thred and it did not see them.

Please help smile

HELLO , EXCUSE ME FELLAS BUT MY GENERATOR DOESNT WORK, IT DOESNT GENERATE ANY NEW STRATEGY, neither THE OPTIMIZER

Over Optimization report

Can someone elaborate in detail as to how I can use this feature.

Thanks

daveM

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

jaimesteven1987 wrote:

HELLO , EXCUSE ME FELLAS BUT MY GENERATOR DOESNT WORK, IT DOESNT GENERATE ANY NEW STRATEGY, neither THE OPTIMIZER

Sometimes, depending on the criteria that you start with, it takes many iterations before the generator will show a result. In the meantime it is testing different scenarios.

I have found that if I lock the permanent stop loss, that it may be 2000 iterations before I get any result.

The optimizer is a handy tool but you have to give it something to work with.

'Filter Non Linear Balance Pattern'

I have no idea as to what this can do...

Please elaborate as to its purpose.

Thanks

daveM

footon wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:

Over Optimization report

Can someone elaborate in detail as to how I can use this feature.

Thanks

daveM

In essence to find tradable sets, stable and working parameter ranges without the fear of curvefitting while optimizing.

How do I know I have the right combination....... is that what the centre line is for.?

Thanks

footon wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:
footon wrote:

In essence to find tradable sets, stable and working parameter ranges without the fear of curvefitting while optimizing.

How do I know I have the right combination....... is that what the centre line is for.?

Thanks

It saves a csv file, so you can open it in excel and analyse it from there.

By center line you are refering to this? http://s3.postimage.org/27x3wtfk4/analyziz_chart.jpg

That is the pic....

Ok

I will work with that and if more ques I will ask..

Thanks for your help.

daveM

Thank you Popov.

I have a question: It's possible add to this beta Monthly time frame (43200)? I try trend following strategy and I need Monthly filter. Thanks if this is possible.

bye

Popov wrote:

FSB v2.57.20b is available for download from the "Download" page.

The most important changes are:

* Added charts to Over-optimization report in Analyzer. It visually shows if the strategy is over-optimized.

http://s3.postimage.org/q56mtfno/over_optimization_report.jpg

Popov,

this is a great tool. It gives a quite reliable clue if the optimized strategy has a chance to survive.

May I ask you, or of course anyone else, to give a short explanation on how to read this chart, especially because I couldn't get for what data the different colors respectively lines stand.

This is a too much important tool to go under due to a missing short tutorial on how to read in my opinion.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
sercherry

I was wondering the same actually. I'm assuming that each line represents one of the indicators being tweaked. There's likely an explanation somewhere on the site or within the software but I haven't put any effort into tracking it down. If I come across one I'll post it here.