forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Grid Systems → Strategy Yonkuro

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by yonkuro 2024-03-13 07:12:02)

Topic: Strategy Yonkuro

Dear Popov and all traders,

First I'm sorry it seems I cant attend the event due to my work, but I'd like to share my grid trading strategy here

The main problem I get from many grid EAs is they keep opening new grid trades against the trend that result to blown accounts, or at least big loss if they apply maximum drawdown limit.

The main diffrence from typical grid is, my strategy uses a combination of entry logic and minimum grid range as a trigger for new grid trades, while the typical grid strategy only use grid range to open new grid trades, ignoring the trend has reversed or changed.

Basic strategy parameter
1. First lets choose the entry logic for buy or sell signal, it can be as simple as moving average crossover or oversold RSI
2. Second we choose the intial lot size and minimum grid range, lets say initial lot is 0.01 and minimun grid range is 100 to 199 pips
3. Grid range and initial lot size work like this for next orders
Minimum grid range = 100 pips ,means 100 to (2x grid range) -1, so it's 100 to 199,
Minimum grid range 50 pips means 50 to 99 pips,
and minimum grid range 25 pips means 25 to 49
Example :
Grid range 100 pips
Price minus 100-199 pips away from the last open buy (not the first open order), 2× initial lot
Minus 200-299 pips away from last open buy, 3x initial lot
Minus 300-399 pips away from last open buy, 4x initial lot
Minus 400-499 pips away from last open buy, 5x initial lot
And so on

The EA will only open a new grid trade if a buy signal appears on those ranges, otherwise trades are skipped

Trading example :
1. When the buy signal appears, EA will open the first trade for that direction.
2. When the buy signal appears again and position is floating, lets say minus 50 pips from the last open buy (not the first open order), the EA won't open any trade because it's below grid range which is 100-199 pips.
3. Buy signal appear again, this time it's minus 110 pips from the last open buy so it will open a new buy trade with 0.02 lot (2x the initial lot)
4. Buy signal appear again, minus 210 from the last open buy, a new buy trade 0.03 lot (3x initial lot)
5. Buy signal appear again, minus 150 pips from the last open buy, a new buy trade 0.02 lot (2x initial lot)
6. When total open buy orders are positive, the EA will close all buy orders in basket
7. EA should be able open buy and sell simultaneously but manage each direction separately.

The advantanges
1. The EA only open new grid trades within trend direction, because it need buy/sell signal within minimum grid range as trigger
2. The lot size management in my opinion is more efficient compared to flat lot grid strategy and safer than typical martingale grid strategy

Here's the picture for comparison

https://i.ibb.co/KNBVFBS/Whats-App-Image-2024-03-13-at-08-56-03.jpg

Sorry if my english is not perfect I hope you can understand what I mean

Best regards.

Post's attachments

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-13 at 08.56.03.jpeg 54.44 kb, 4 downloads since 2024-03-13 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.
do or do not there is no try

Re: Strategy Yonkuro

Thank you for sharing this strategy!

Please post links to articles or videos for this system to learn more.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Grid Systems → Strategy Yonkuro