forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

[ Closed ]

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Trader v1.2 Final

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Forex Strategy Trader v1.2 Final

Forex Strategy Trader v1.2.1 is an important update. A dangerous security issue was fixed as well as many GUI bugs.

Short overview of the changes:
- Logical Groups support;
- True Charts support;
- User can set the max number of logic slots from the Strategy menu;
- Trailing Stop that corresponds to the FSB backtest. (Need further testing.)
- Workaround .NET 2.0 bugs, which leaded to crashes of the FST charts;
- Important Windows Server security issue workaround. FST can work on VPS now without problems;
- Recognition of 64 bits Windows and hardware and proper installation;
- Fixed a bug with FST - MT4 connection when switching from multi-instance mode to single mode;

This release comes with a new MT4-FST Expert advisor v1.1 and a new MT4-FST Library.dll v1.1. In order for both files to be updated successfully, you have to close your MT4 terminal before the installation of FST v1.2.

New in the expert is the support of Trailing Stop in bar mode, which corresponds to the way FSB backtests it. However, be careful with that option. It needs further testing.

The connection protocol between FST and MT4 was changed in the new version of the MT dll file and FST. That was done in order to workaround extremely serious security issue of MS Windows, when more than one user work on a single computer or via VPS.

The new installer will try to detect your Windows version and the CPU. If it finds the system 64 bits compatible, the FST will be installed properly in "Program Files" folder, instead in "Program Files (x86)" as the old version. If that's your case, you have to first uninstall the old FST from its location.

We tried to fix all known bugs in this release of Forex Strategy Trader. We hope no more red crosses will appear on the charts (due to .NET issues). However, if you notice some bugs or strange behavior, please report them to us.

Now when both FSB and FST are released, we'll concentrate on improving the help system of both programs. As you know the website is a wiki, so your help with correcting and expanding the texts is highly appreciated.

Another of our main goals is to be sure that the live trading and the FSB backtests correspond to each other. We'll try to fix all issues that are in our competence. Unfortunately, we cannot improve the way MT4 communicates with the broker, but as you know, we made the trading much more reliable by using advance trading techniques in the expert. Anyway, we are going to improve it even further. And here your help and reports are extremely important. We'll try to fix every single issue that concerns the way FST executes the trades.

Thank you for reading this post and have fun and profit on the market,
Miroslav

Re: Forex Strategy Trader v1.2 Final

Hi. I do not know if it is me or FST 1.2 but when you load a strategy in the Strategy overview field you find this description (please see attached photo).
Should not take the Strategy description from the FSB?

Anyhow very good work so far with both FST and FSB. Blagodaria.

Post's attachments

Forex 2010-10-10 22.59.jpg
Forex 2010-10-10 22.59.jpg 102.91 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Should not take the Strategy description from the FSB?

If you load a FSB strategy in FST, you'll see the same description in FST as it was in FSB.

In that case the "New" of FSB has different author's description from the "New" strategy of FST.
The author's description can be (and that was main idea) changed from the person who writes the strategy.

In other case, the "Generated Description" must be equal in both programs because it is generated from the program and represents exactly the strategy logic.

EDIT
Ops, sorry.

You are right. I noticed that the newest FST doesn't update the strategy description when you change the strategy. I'll fix that immediately.

Thank you for the bug report!

Forex Strategy Trader was updated to version 1.2.1.0.

The bug reported in the previous post  - not updated Overview screen, was fixed.

Hello, Mr. Popov

The trader is not working properly for me and I am trying to find the remedy. The trader keeps ending my trades at the end of the bar, even though I have it programmed to stay in the trade untill my profit level is hit. I am not using up my margin and I am not reaching my stop loss but as soon at the first bar is over it takes me out of the trade. How do I fix this problem? Thanks

WaveSurfer, please post the strategy logic. You ca use  "Publish..." button or to expand the slots and to make a screen shot.

Hi Popov,

I don't seem to be able to load my old strategy files into the new version of FST, it says "Strategy can't be loaded" and then opens a blank strategy.

My strategy uses the following indicators:  CCI, a moving average, and two moving average crossover indicators. Fairly straightforward, no custom indicators, so I assume it doesn't have to do with the indicators...

Is this an issue with the new logic groups not being backwardly compatable with previous strategies? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Jericho

I use logic groups, and did not incount any issues, I just imported the strategies to a new FST1.2.1.0
No issues so far.

I just realized that I was still using the Beta version, let me update and try again.
Maybe this issue was fixed in 1.2.1.0

Thanks,
Jericho

Jericho,
All old strategy must work in the newest FSB / FST. But in case they cannot be loaded, please attach them in the forum, I'll check them.

All strategies load fine in the final release. Nice work!

Jericho

12 (edited by twingo 2010-10-18 20:36:55)

The logical groups AND function in Forex Strategy Trader v1.2.1.0 is not working.

twingo wrote:

The logical groups AND function in Forex Strategy Trader v1.2.1.0 is not working.

Can you please post your strategy and explain where the issue is?

Example:

http://screencast.com/t/SQ0C03pN
http://screencast.com/t/qA14KUVoANq

Twingo,
The MACD Histogram (HTF v4) you are using in your strategy doesn't look correctly or the screenshot is fake or you have wrong settings of "Use Previous Bar Value" parameter of MACD Histogram.

From the chart I see that it uses Close price. That means that the option "Use Previous Bar Value" must be on. If it is on, the strategy have to use the MACD Histogram from the previous 30 minutes. I see on the chart that the previous Histogram bars are red. That means it is going down and in that case, the short entry is correct.

I see two problems:
- The first is what you noticed that the info shows Long entry allowed.
- The indicator is not marked with asterisk, which means that it gives signals according to its current position, but this is wrong in your case.

There is something wrong for sure.
Please attach the strategy XML file and the MACD Histogram (HTF v4) indicator.

In my chart, MACD Histogram (HTF v4) is marked properly with asterisks.

http://s3.postimage.org/IAho0.jpg

How do I post  a screen shot so you can look at the strategy?... Again, it is not trading like I want it to. My trades are being closed within seconds of opening them. Although I have it set to not exit a trade until my stop loss or take profit level. Thanks

You can add an image by pressing Add image to post link.

You can add image, strategy or other file by using Attachments fields below the form.

http://s1.postimage.org/PtOEi.jpg

You can post a strategy as a formated text by using Strategy -> Publish command from the Main Menu of FSB or FST.

Hi. I was using Forex Strategy Trader v1.0.0.0. Now I notice that the new version does not contain  Fibonacci. I used those breakouts. Could you add this Fibo?

For sure I have FIbo. In fact I am still using the old version just for this Fibo, as opening point of position.
Thanks

Would be very glad if in the next versions, you would add back this Fibo. I know many people that are still using FST as a great and friendly tool and also this Fibo indicator.
Many thanks.

for sure the backtesting in FSB is not reliable, but me and one of my friends have tested it live in FST for more than 6 months. when high volatility like nowadays, just fibo works perfect (e/u h1 - works the best). when range period you don't rely only on fibo.

22 (edited by Adrian77 2010-11-11 20:05:14)

ERROR: Indicator compilation failed in file [Custom Fibo.cs]
     Line 27 Column 13: The name 'WarningMessage' does not exist in the current context.

I think you just have to delete that line

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Forex Strategy Trader v1.2 Final