forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → Number of Ascended and Collection not Match

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Number of Ascended and Collection not Match

After leaving the Reactor working overnight, I found that there are 77 strategies that passed through Monte Carlo Validation but only 2 are in the Collection. Is that the 75 strategies are similar to the other 2?
Anyone has any idea about this?
https://b.imge.to/2019/09/24/vTRYr2.png

Re: Number of Ascended and Collection not Match

Please check the info in the Collection's Records Stats.

It is possible to have Resolved correlations:

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/ea-studio-collection-records-stats-resolved-correlations.png

Offtopic:
- Walk-Forward Validation my not work well after the Optimizer. The reason is that once the strategy is optimized for the full data set, it is unlikely to find a good result when optimizing in chunks.

- There is something wrong in the WF and the Monte Carlo settings. The may not validate 100% of the strategies. If you think, it is correct, simply disable WF and Monte Carlo to reduce the Global warming.

Popov wrote:

Please check the info in the Collection's Records Stats.

It is possible to have Resolved correlations

Thanks Mr Popov for your quick reply.
Resolved correlated means similar strategies, right?
I just noticed that I have 126 pushed total strategies and 124 are resolved correlated. So, I just have wait and let the reactor do its job.

Popov wrote:

Offtopic:
- Walk-Forward Validation my not work well after the Optimizer. The reason is that once the strategy is optimized for the full data set, it is unlikely to find a good result when optimizing in chunks.

- There is something wrong in the WF and the Monte Carlo settings. The may not validate 100% of the strategies. If you think, it is correct, simply disable WF and Monte Carlo to reduce the Global warming.

Does it mean I only need either one:
(a) Full Data optimization + Monte Carlo validation
(b) Walk Forward validation + Monte Carlo validation (without optimization)

How about Walk Forward optimization + Walk Forward validation + Monte Carlo validation?

I personally prefer variant (b).

Please see these topics for more info regarding Walk Forward: Walk Forward Internals Explained.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → Number of Ascended and Collection not Match