forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 2 of 2)

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Trading Session

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

26 (edited by ViniQ 2017-09-15 03:45:20)

Re: Trading Session

rjectweb wrote:

Hi all,
I've tried to create strategies closing at the end of the session or at the end of the week, but I wasn't able to do it. When I review a strategy in EA Studio and go to report and have a look at the closing operations, they don't close on friday night (or at the end of the session). I attach a capture showing positions not closing on friday night.  Is this feature working for you?  Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards.

Please be awere that you are looking to 2017 calendar in your windows
and at 2015 in ea studio report.... hmm

I've used ea studio generate algorithms to trade in metatrader and it are closing at the end of session ok.
https://i.imgur.com/5mWllV9.png

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

I'll check that again.

Rjectweb, p[lease attach your EA. I'f there is some specific problem, I'll fix it imitatively.

Hi ViniQ, rantampla, thanks a lot or answering. Thank you Popov for having a look at this.
I cannot upload my EA right now, but I can do that over the weekend.

In any case, what it doesn't seem to be working for me is simply the "end of session/friday closing" settings in EA Studio when building and backtesting the strategy in EA Studio. In EA Studio backtests/results the Report shows not closing operations at the end of the day/week... As far as I understand it, the strategies created using the "close at the end of the session / close at the end of friday settings" should show closing all the trades at the end of each day / end of each week, and you can check that in the Report of the strategy in the EA Studio.

I guess if the strategy in EA Studio doesn't close all operations at the end of the session (or at the end of the week) it doesn't matter if this feature works in MT4 or not. I mean, in that case, the strats won't match, won't be the same if they are closing positions at night in MT4 but not closing them in EA Studio...

Am I wrong on this? A simple strategy build in EA Studio chosing "close at the end of the session" reveals (for me) that trades are taking more than one day in EA Studio report, so not closing at the end of the session...

Thanks a lot or having a look at this. I'm planning to build all my new strategies closing at friday nigth, to make simpler to prune bad strategies in a portfolio over the weekend (not leaving open trades over the weekend).

Best regards

29 (edited by rjectweb 2017-09-16 07:39:54)

Hi
Uploading an example of EA showing the issue (attached).
Thanks a lot in advance
Best regards

https://s26.postimg.org/hotr815hx/settings1.png

https://s26.postimg.org/akbxyzy8l/settings2.png

https://s26.postimg.org/b8kshxwyd/settings3.png

Post's attachments

EA Studio EURUSD H1 42153469.mq4 12.85 kb, 1 downloads since 2017-09-16 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

There is no gap time between 00:00 and 24:00, that's why you can't close a position.
You are using 1 hour timeframe so be sure to include the end of session before midnight. Ex: 22:00 / 23:00

Vinicius Pereira, Portuguese Support.
Improve your trading with my strategies & signals on MQL5. High success rate & many followers. Check them out & join my EAS telegram group for updates.

Hey! Thanks a lot ViniQ!
I see how it works now. It was just my mistake, and the feature seems to work well smile Very happy with that, because I think closing the positions before the weekend can help me select the best strategies for the next week smile
Thanks again for your help
Best regards

Actually I fixed a small issue in the code. It was incorrect setting of the week day due to the local time zones. It appeared that the programming language automatically converts the week day in the local time zone. The result was that 22:00 at Friday night was shown as Saturday !?!?!? In the programming world we call that "magic" - something that the programming language does without explicitly telling it to do it.

It had also anther strange thing. My broker closes at 22:00 at Friday evening and I use close at Friday. However I noticed that there were deals closed on Sunday ?!?! It took me 2 hours to understand that the broker was closing at 21:00 on the Fridays on 2014. (It may be because the Daylight Saving Time) We have to take that also into account.

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Trading Session