Re: Users' Questions and Answers

hello hello,

when i make a backtest in the fsb..."Strategy Panel"...i key in my things....and when i go to the generator...it open a new windows...and he calculate...but in the new window its changed ale OPofthPsition and all logic to...why the programm do that?

If you are not satisfied with the generated strategy, you can simply press the Cancel button and the program will restore your previous strategy.

If you want to improve your strategy by the help of the Generator, you can lock the desired slots (click on them), adjust the number of generating slots and start the Generator. It will delete all unlocked slots and will try to add another indicators.

thx.....i wanna work with the moving average....when he cross i wanna go in the markt...but i didn't find a openin logic for do that...what you men?

Привет!
;-)

Using a crossover as an entry point is not logically correct. See more in this article Using two indicators crossover as an entry condition in forex trading

It's better to set another entry point and to use MA crossover as an entry filter.

[Opening Point of the Position]
Bar Opening
     Enter the market at the beginning of the bar
     Base price  -  Open

[Opening Logic Condition]
Moving Averages Crossover
     The Fast MA crosses the Slow MA upward
     Base price  -  Close
     Fast MA method  -  Simple
     Slow MA method  -  Simple
     Fast MA period  -  13
     Slow MA period  -  21
     Fast MA shift  -  0
     Slow MA shift  -  0
     Use previous bar value  -  Yes

so there aren't some functions ( logic) for only one EMA CROSS

i wanna entry when the price cross the ema...and NOT when the fast and the slow ma cross

its not possible?

[Opening Point of the Position]
Moving Average
     Enter the market at the Moving Average
     Smoothing method  -  Exponential
     Base price  -  Close
     Period  -  14
     Shift  -  0

[Opening Logic Condition]
Momentum
     The Momentum rises
     Smoothing method  -  Simple
     Base price  -  Close
     Period  -  14
     Additional smoothing  -  0
     Level  -  0.0000

I use Momentum to determine the trade direction.

thx....i saw by the generator...that i can make a backtest...can i make e 2 in the metatrader?

Hello
I have a huge difference between historical bars and tested bars in the Report , Is that acceptable?
See attachment
Regards
http://s2.postimage.org/12AJwi.jpg

The tested bars start from the maximal FirstBar of the indicators.
For Moving Average
FirstBar = Period + Shift + 1;

So if your strategy uses MA(150), the backtest will start from  bar N: 151

Many thanxx for your patience and help

Hello Popov
WHat is the price move indicator and how to use it , because when i try to apply what i think ( it gives me blank results!!!! ) 
And is that type of indicators i have to use the previous bar value !!!!!!!!

Plz can you apply an example
Thanx

62 (edited by ahmedalhoseny 2009-12-18 13:43:48)

Hello

How come the position will open before the opening conditions happen 1st??????

http://s4.postimage.org/c2EDr.jpg

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

Hello

How come the position will open before the opening conditions happen 1st??????

http://s4.postimage.org/c2EDr.jpg

Your strategy opens at Bar Open if: "The position's opening price is higher than the previous high".

There are two cases for entry:
- Long entry: A positive gap is necessary. The new bar opens above the previous high. In that case we open at Bar Opening, which is higher than previous high.

http://s2.postimage.org/19PyL0.png

- Short entry: A negative gap is necessary. The bar opens below the previous low.

http://s4.postimage.org/dZNE9.png

Many thanx for the new way to test gaps smile  fantastic

if you see the attached picture in my previous post ( equity chart) you will find a one blue line ( no buy positions - no sell position curves ) in lots of my scans it gives me only one curve without the green or red lines !!!!  do i making any thing wrong ?

The Green and the Red line are available when  "Testing" -"Additional Statistics" is on.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

Hello Popov
WHat is the price move indicator and how to use it , because when i try to apply what i think ( it gives me blank results!!!! ) 
And is that type of indicators i have to use the previous bar value !!!!!!!!

Plz can you apply an example
Thanx

Hello  Again
is the right way to use that indicator to use previous bar value only ?????

Hello popov
Enter market at specific days allow me to enter market in days follow each otheres EX( from monday to wed ) ,  may you make it more flixable and separate days

Ex : take trades only in ( Monday and wednesday ) only

Thanx

Ex : take trades only in ( Monday and wednesday ) only

That's 5 minutes work on a custom indicator. You can do this alone.

Asthe prejudice wanted to ask which are new to forex platform mt4 brokers choose and how do I put on it more 'strategies with software Very compliments

Hi Friends , i am new to forex and i want to build the strategy so i can run in EA FST but i dont know how ...here are below information

Currency:Any
Time frame: 1 Hr
Indicators: 5EMA (close), 6EMA(open) (ADX (14) at mark 20)

Rule should be
Enter a long position when 5EMA crosses the 6EMA up and ADX is over 20 mark, exit position when 6EMA crosses 5EMA

i have some more startegies that i would like to post it and try to run on FST,

thanks Popov for your program

i have to edit ADX should be 14

Hello Popov,

I would like to test only the single indicator I inserted to generate a strategy but no other indicators.

Although I lock the conditions in the strategy generator and set maximum number of logic slots, I receive other indicators in the strategy. How can I prevent other indicators from my limited strategy.

Simply said, how to find out what the best parameter settings for only one indicator are, no combinations and add ons etc. for the currency and time period I choosed?

Thank you very much!

Hi Popov

It is possible with FSB to have multiple buy/sell orders on the same bar ? For exemple if I am on 1H timeframe and on the same bar I am receiving 2 buy signals from the indicator I am using (fibonacci in my case) it is executed or no ?. I see that the philosophy of FSB is base on loop with bars not with ticks like MT. Please advise.

I tried to modify the fibonacci indicator to solve the issue but no success.

Best regards
ogo

I only want adding to your answer that I'm planning a new feature for the generator - linked slots.
Now when you lock a slot it stay unchanged.
The linked slot will preserve the indicator name, but the logic and params will be changeable.

I think that this is a very good idea. I have been a step behind to suggest this feature by myself.

Popov wrote:

I only want adding to your answer that I'm planning a new feature for the generator - linked slots.
Now when you lock a slot it stay unchanged.
The linked slot will preserve the indicator name, but the logic and params will be changeable.

To Ogo,

FSB can place two entry orders in a single bar - one long entry and one short entry. It depends on the indicator in the entry slot. For example if you use MA - the program places only one entry price. If you set BB or Envelop, the program will place two orders. FSB interpolates a ba and if the entry filters allow, it will execute entry at the first reached order. The second order execution depends on the entry filter in one hand and from next signals behaviours on other hand. In addition to that, one can use Enter Once filter for further control.

You can find examples in the demo strategies to FST.

It is interesting how you think MT manages tick backtesting when bar data are aavailable. FSB openly declares interpolation algorithms and the ambiguous cases it finds.