Re: Free EA for Download

pradeepgolfer wrote:
muplayer2000 wrote:

hannahis with statement like these It takes the credibility away from the this software and seem more like sales pitch :

"With FSB Generator, who will say making profitable EA is daunting smile  With FSB Generator, it is breezy easy smile"

I understand the need to promote your product but you need to make it transparent and not make it seem like this generator is a holy grail so  to attract  newbies who have no idea how the market works , FSB is interesting to generate ideas and test them but i would disagree when you say you can easily make a consistent profitable EA with it, i have used it for years and will say it has not produced any EA with long term good results in fact the good results were mostly due to luck.

the power of this system is that you can make strategy and the system then tests it in a blink of a eye and tells you whether to discard it or continue with it.
you can then click on 'add an opening logic' and then click on each indicator and see if profit is improving or not:back test profits are on the same page and are calculated faster than you can say the word 'backtest'.i have improved a strategy's profit from 12000 to 19000 in a 15 minutes.you do not need to know what is bollinger band, rsi....etc!

if you need strategy ideas use the generator and it will give you plenty to work on.

no system is perfect however and you should have realistic expectations about what it can do.

an ea which returns 15% a year is fantastic because you are getting that return without any effort:just put in vps and check once in 2 -3 months!but people are searching for 15 % a day-that search may be a futile one with any software.

good results are due using the software properly and having realistic expectations.

just because you buy a srewdriver does not mean you can build a car-you have a tool you have to put in the hard work

Actually.... if you are going to let the generator run the show for you, it aint gonna happen.. You will have to do the work if you really want results.

I do suggest that your annual numbers are out to lunch, probably due to your lack of experience.

I have a friend from India......... and he and I had a little contest....  30 percent a day trading manually.

Automated trading gives a far better opportunity as you will learn with experience.

The guy you are replying to is a very experienced trader with valuable insights - learn from him!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hannah,

I want to thank you for your commitment and support. You could use your time quite differently, but you have chosen to help us and to promote FSB, having appreciation for Mr. Popov’s hard work and excellence of FSB program.

I will use EAs in this thread to learn more about how to achieve better results in Forex.

I hope that you will be not discouraged by recent exchange of views.

Leon

53 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-02-23 06:07:03)

i have achieved 30% a day trading manually-only problem it is -30%.

i think Dave is talking +30% in which case he is very rich.

my opinion is that automated trading cannot give returns even close to manual trading:the way it should be because with manual trading you are doing a lot of work.
i respect adverse opinions because in my 30 years experience i have seen many thing which defy logic.trading is counter intuitive.

i have seen the videos which Dr Popov has uploaded and my knowledge is limited to those videos.

i was not interested in automated trading earlier because i was under the impression that i had to learn complicated coding.

whether it works or not time will tell. i do not expect it to be so easy.....

Dear Leon,

You Cheer My Day
Thank you for your words of encouragement.  It's having people like you that cheers my day and let me know that my efforts are worth the while.  I'm not discouraged by different views, in fact I think it's good to have different views and approaches to be shared freely in this forum.  I'm disappointed when opposing views or different perspectives can't be tolerated or appreciated.  I wish there are more rooms given to people the freedom and space to find their own styles and approaches to take with them in their journey, be it long or short cut, in whatever way deem useful and helpful to that individual.

Keep An Open Mind, the key to open many doors (of knowledge)
I've a curious mind.  I love to hear perspectives...I may not have to agree but that doesn't prevent me from trying to see and understand their point of views, and try to sieve out the gems from their sharing.  There are always things to learn from different perspectives, all have it's own merits and limitations.  The more perspectives we have, the wider our knowledge.  I may put them aside (but not discard it), when it's not applicable to my current circumstances and come back to it when it's appropriate to the current stage of my learning curves.  There are always values we can learn from one another...as the saying goes, "we bond/connect through our similarities, we learn from our differences".  If everyone in this forum "talk" like me, I learnt nothing.  Hence, different views, approaches, methodologies, etc are most welcome, cos I never want to stop learning.

My own EA development Journey
As for my own EA development journey, I think some may be surprised if I say that I learnt to develop my success EA main via observing how the indicators "behave" in the MT4 charts.  I put several types of indicators and observe them and eliminate those that are too "complicated" and finally, I found a set that would help me make sense of the market/price movements.  Once I got this picture (from the indicators on the MT4), everything becomes crystal clear to me.  It gives me great confidence and this confidence is very important because I would still go ahead to put my EA to test even when it failed the Monte Carlo, multi test (why? I don't know and I can't explain) and henceforth I don't rely on Monte Carlo and multi test to make the decision for me (at least at this stage of my journey, I would use it for other stages of my development later).  This confidence is necessary so that it gives me the strength to go now despite all the ups and downs till I finally found the key combination of the opening conditions that would make my EA having excellent results.

I Love Charts!
That's why I love to look at charts and whenever someone share they indicators and parameters used, I would try to put it in the chart (if I can find the indicators) and see how it looks.  I can see the potential behind some of the sharing and I feel they just lacked the skills to transfer them to FSB and maximise the use of LTF to help them materialise these concepts into profitable EAs.  Some times I try to capture what they share and put it in EA and upload it to the forum to give people an idea on how to work on it further, but if what people expect, is that the EA would work perfectly the moment they install it in MT4 and start making money...then sorry, that's not my job, to perfect their theory.  It's like asking me to start my EA development journey all over again for their theory...I don't have such energy and time.

Eureka!
I am extremely glad when I found the EA analysis website.  Finally, I could truly see the results of my EA based on statistical performance such as profit factors etc and now just based on my own estimation or observations.  I think I found this website so "late" and not earlier is a blessing in disguise.  If I have found it earlier, I would have been contented with my results, i.e. having a profit factor around 3.  The irony of not finding the website earlier, was that, during all these time of working to perfect my EA, I managed to pushed my EA performance way beyond profit factor 10 and some of them having 100% win rato.  I'm surprised myself and I'm relieved to know all these years of efforts have not gone down to waste.  My tenancy has paid off.

I'm Glad to Help
Leon, I would be glad if I can help you and others in their own EA development journey.  Do feel free to ask any questions.  I would be glad to share some trading tips like LTF and trading perspectives.  But please let no one ask me for my trade secrets (and forgive me when I deliberately ignore these questions).  I don't believe in giving my trade secrets away (especially to those who didn't labour for it).  Asking me for my trade secrets is like asking Popov to give away his FSB company to someone else, after all these years of efforts.  I don't think anyone would have such audacity to make such request, likewise, I hope no one would do that to me. By giving away, I cultivate poor trading disciplines and promotes greed (wanting something without paying the price for it, just the way some users treated Popov/FSB).   I'm not as generous as Popov, when it comes to giving away my trade secret.  And as Pradeep said, "Popov generosity is highly misplaced".  That I fully agree.

pradeepgolfer wrote:

i have achieved 30% a day trading manually-only problem it is -30%.

i think Dave is talking +30% in which case he is very rich.

my opinion is that automated trading cannot give returns even close to manual trading:the way it should be because with manual trading you are doing a lot of work.
i respect adverse opinions because in my 30 years experience i have seen many thing which defy logic.trading is counter intuitive.

i have seen the videos which Dr Popov has uploaded and my knowledge is limited to those videos.

i was not interested in automated trading earlier because i was under the impression that i had to learn complicated coding.

whether it works or not time will tell. i do not expect it to be so easy.....

Hi Pradeep, yeah I suspect Dave is making tons of money, that's why his girl friend thinks it's easy money for him.  Maybe Dave should spend more time telling her how much time and efforts he had to put in to hunt and search for such profitable EA...that maybe she would be more understanding and less demanding smile 

I think the time when I can sit back, relax and let my EA do all the money making...I will incur much envy from friends or relatives, thinking it's easy money yet they would fail to understand that is so many years of effort without any payment, that we finally deserved what we get.

As for manual trading...yes, it's lots of work.  There was a time, I was earning USD$5000 per day consecutively but it's mentally tiring and hard to keep up with the performance. Since, I'm not eager to get rich...I decided to stop trading and start developing my EA.  I believe that if you can translate all that you know into conscious detail to your EA opening and closing conditions...you would definitely get better results than manually (of cos that depends on how well you are able to transfer that knowledge into FSB's instruction for opening and closing conditions and the use of LTF for higher entry/exit performance). 

Now with my EA's performance, I know earning USD$5000 per day or more is a reality (someday) and not a dream.  Sorry, if some of you here think I'm boasting.  Then let me be, (give me some room to take pride in my work cos I earn it).  If anyone of you could do the same (one day, you shall be), I bet you would be as exhilarated as me and I'll be very happy to share your joy, celebrate with you and better still, if I've played a part in your success smile 

I hope in this forum, we will not be jealous of anyone's success but be happy to cheer and encourage one another and share our joy together.  If I'm here just to boast of my performance and yet do little to help others, yes, I'm a pain in an ass.

H

agree with you

Update of 33703 series performance in the new account (started on 2 Feb).  So it's about 1 month of trading results.

These EA were 1st tested around 13 Jan and hence, it is in it's 2nd month of testing.

http://www.fxblue.com/users/1111705140

NOTE: use Pin:1234 this is the current account for tracking the EA's profit factor results.  Go to the Statement tab and click on the Strategy tab (2nd last tab on the right).  From there you can see the Profit factor of each EA for your evaluation can comparison. 

Please do not focus on the Balance Sheet performance because this account has only $3000 deposit and yet it has over 30 EA running with 1 lot size (instead of 0.01 lot), in "normal" circumstances, with such high number EA, the account would have burst by now.  Furthermore, our primary focus is to know each individual EA's performance (money management is not what I'm working at for this account).

I'll attached the screenshot for easy reference.

http://s16.postimg.org/sd1yliy0h/33703_Series_Profit_Factor.jpg

No worries, she knows exactly how many hours, how many failures and how many losses and sometimes she even knows the profits.

She also knows how much studying that I have done regarding developing automated systems.

And she well knows that there are guidelines that have been established by the professionals which have to be followed or disaster looms.

Thank you all, for the compliments, negative and positive, they are inspiring.

Dave,

Can you channel your time and energy to somewhere else that is more constructive and purposeful.

Why don't you open up a thread and guide people step by step on how to maximise the use FSB's backtesting, Walk forward and tips on how to filter out the statistical results from all the EA you have generated and optimised to show us what criteria you used for filtering.

I've been wanting to learn from you but all your instructions have been so vague and uncertain that I wonder whether you also have any results to prove.

Here is your extract, of your "garbage" and yet you want people to waste their time churning "garbage"?

1) You think you churn out more "garbage" than anything good.

Blaiserboy wrote:

The generator has a time limit of 10,000

Although  it may seem weird, I have a laptop that I often let run until the 10,000 is reached when using the generator.

Because the random nature of the generator necessitates a long run to exhaust the possibilities.

I want the top 100  collection to have good stuff so I am willing to wait. No sense working with inferior results.

The worst and most frustrating thing is when the top 100 has garbage results after a long wait.  lolol

2) And your EA develop is long and uncertain.

Blaiserboy wrote:

It takes me a long time to make an ea.

I have a few that I am working with, sometimes interchange ideas.

I keep multi tests collections, use them as a resource

I also keep the initial collections, review them once in a while to see if any ideas appear.

Correctio! that you have realistic expectations, this is not instant success, it might take a run at trying your patience.
)

3) Your EA development path is an issue of Luck.

Blaiserboy wrote:

I have a few that run well....... maybe I have a lot more time to work with them than yourself...

It takes me a long time to generate and develop something that works, like maybe a month of all day almost every day.

And if I am lucky I get one.

4) You have little respect for differences.

Blaiserboy wrote:

Again....... everything you need to develop strategies is within FSBPro........ use it only... unless you want to go off on side trips to the mountains for a fishing trip and a picnic and a nap.

AND...... learn how to build strategies for yourself...... become a leader......  If you choose to be a follower. disaster awaits.  Mr Market is one greedy SOB and clobbers the weak.

5) You pretend to respect freedom yet you insult those who choose a different path from you as being "slow" and "follower"
You insulted and questioned FSB users/readers' ability to do their independent thinking (many times)

Blaiserboy wrote:

There is no need to introduce other materials to FSBPro strategy development... that is, unless you want to progress at a slower pace, and by all means. do that if you like.

As I see often in the forum, freedom of choice is essential, even if it costs you progress.

6) You are condescending in your tone and have little respect for others.

Blaiserboy wrote:

I do suggest that your annual numbers are out to lunch, probably due to your lack of experience.

pradeepgolfer wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:

I wonder if there should be a thread for your personal revelations and discussions and epiphanies so that the main forum is for FSBPro

i am new and so just recording my experiences. i am like Alice in wonderland. you have been there and done that.

also Popov has gone on record saying that the forum is the place for support and since i got the software 2 days back i need support.you are under no obligation to reply to my posts but Popov has clearly said that the forum is the place to post for support.

be kind to idiots or ignore.i have been instructed to post in the forum for help/support. please understand

Where is your performance results to show people that your EA development path is successful?
Meanwhile leave me along and focus on what you are best at. Till date, you still has no proof nor results to show people, whether your EA development path yield any promising results.  If you have no more further tips to give with regard to your EA development path, finding topics and posting comments such to insult and criticize me, doesn't make you any wiser.  It only shows you have no sustain in your trading knowledge other than being an "expert" in general usage of how FSB works/function.

Do something useful with your time!
I do not wish to hear any of your un-constructive comments further (stay out of my threads) and it would do well if you begin to post something more helpful, meaningful and tips that can really enhance our trading skills.  Keep telling people where to go (you tell people not to "follow" others, yet you ask them to follow your path...such contradicted person you are), but giving no concrete steps, only show how little you know.  If you run out of topics to talk about...hitting at me, goes to show how aimless you are with your own EA development journey and it reflects that you can so much spare time to focus on other people's "downfall" and you seem rather delighted to jump at any chances to highlight mine mistakes.  Get a life, find something more purposeful.

Stop narrow people's perspective, there are many path to success.

H

Seems you brought my name into the thread

yeah I suspect Dave is making tons of money, that's why his girl friend thinks it's easy money for him.  Maybe Dave should spend more time telling her how much time and efforts he had to put in to hunt and search for such profitable EA...that maybe she would be more understanding and less demanding smile

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe take your own advice.....!

61 (edited by pradeepgolfer 2016-03-01 17:58:01)

i know how much time, effort, sweat , blood and tears, it takes to try and help others.

i suggest our energies should be directed towards that goal of helping others:if some one is trying to help some one, kindly do not criticise.

if you cannot join in to help, please find something else to do.

i suggest we all follow the example of Dr Miroslav Popov

if i find a profitable ea it will be posted here on this forum:that is my promise; there are no secrets in trading and even if thousands of traders use one ea it, will make no difference.

the market is like a universe.