Topic: Questions about FSB: Stop losses and floating P/L

Hello

I have been using Forex strategy builder for testing my strategies and have liked it. But 2 questions I had were:

1. After testing a strategy, the journal at the bottom shows my trades. My equity, balance, net pips is all positive but the floating P/L is always negative. Because of this I am not sure which to trust. Any help will be appreciated.

2. When I place stops, my backtest results take a dramatic plunge and goes into negative big time. As soon as I take the stop loss out however, it shows a positive balance. Could someone please let me know what the deal is?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks:-)

Re: Questions about FSB: Stop losses and floating P/L

Not sure about 1 but for 2: I think you have set your stop loss too tight. You need to give the price enough room to move without getting stopped out by the market noise. It seems as though your profitable trades are getting stopped out before they have a chance of showing their worth.

hope this helps

Re: Questions about FSB: Stop losses and floating P/L

misterboy,
You can post your strategy here to analyze it.
When you put tight Stop Loss Forex Strategy Builder tends to hit it because of the "pessimistic testing mode". Thus happens also when the Stop Loss is the only opportunity.