1 (edited by Popov 2024-01-30 09:00:18)

Topic: Exit at after a specific amount of minutes

Hello guys i cant seem to find a way to add an exit condition so that a trade can exit at after a specific amount of minutes .

For example if a trade is open and does not hit the TP within 1 hours, when 1 hour has expired trade is closed automatically.

Thanks again

Re: Exit at after a specific amount of minutes

Use N-bar Exit. TP must be set in Strategy Properties, N-bar for exit condition.
If you're using TF H1, then set it to 1. For example, if you're using M15, then set the N-bar exit to 4.

cheers but i do not see the n-bar exit in the exit condition filters

footon wrote:

Use N-bar Exit. TP must be set in Strategy Properties, N-bar for exit condition.
If you're using TF H1, then set it to 1. For example, if you're using M15, then set the N-bar exit to 4.

Look better then smile It's a built-in indicator.

Look!

Post's attachments

untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG 21.76 kb, 1 downloads since 2024-01-29 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I was running the old version of Fsb just updated hmm. thank you for the info Footon.
So we need 2 exit conditions: Bar closing (exit the market at the end of the bar) + N bar Exit

I am wondering if i was using H4 time frame how would we set an expiry time of 1 hour? since each bar represents 4 hours

footon wrote:

Look!

N bar was introduced by Krog long-long time ago, it was in Pro from the start actually.

Regarding your take on H4 vs 1 hour close: it's actually simple, you build your strat using longer timeframe function on a lower TF.
If 1 hour close is what you want, you go down to H1 TF and set your entry indicators to H4. For N bar you set it up to 1 bar close, and there you have it - entry at H4, close 1 hour later if profit target is not met.

https://forexsb.com/wiki/_media/fsbpro/manual/indicator_advanced_properties.png

8 (edited by Mukoek1 2024-01-31 01:09:53)

Thanks footon for the clear explanation really appreciate your input, though is this exit logic working as intended? Tested an EA Using h1 time frame N bar exit with a value of 1 the trade did not exit after 1 hour expiry

From my experience with the nbarexit indicator. An nbar value of 1 mean 1 bar after the close of the first bar. So if your strategy enters at bar open, the. Nbar value of 1 will ensure the strategy exits at the close of the next bar.

Yes, you are both correct, my bad. You can just use Bar Closing for 1H TF and it will do what you want to do.