forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Your Announcements → Forex History Data Starting from 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, Free Updates

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by geektrader 2024-01-21 13:17:31)

Topic: Forex History Data Starting from 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, Free Updates

Hello esteemed traders,

I hope this message finds you well. As some of you may have noticed, I've been somewhat less active in our discussions over the past year. But rest assured, I haven't been idle. In fact, I've been toiling away in the "data mines," so to speak, on a project that I believe will be of great interest to many of you.

For the past 15 years, I've been meticulously gathering, cleaning, and refining a dataset of Forex history. Today, I'm thrilled to announce the launch of my new website, where this dataset is now available!

The dataset spans 37 years of M1 bid data from 1987 for 21 major pairs, and 21 years from 2003 for an additional 7 pairs. All data is presented in a user-friendly CSV format (Open, High, Low, Close, Volume), and I've worked hard to ensure its accuracy exceeds 99%. This means no more disruptive gaps or spikes to interfere with your backtests!

I'm aware that many of you, like me, use EA Studio, Express Generator, or Forex Strategy Builder for algorithm development. You'll be pleased to know that this data integrates seamlessly with these. This means you can spend less time wrestling with poor-quality data and more time crafting your strategies.

I want to extend my gratitude to those who have already purchased my dataset and provided valuable feedback. In response to your comments, I'm happy to announce that all future updates will be provided free of charge. If you've previously purchased the data, just send me a private message. Each month, you can log in to download the latest dataset, which will include ongoing quality improvements.

Visit https://www.forexhistorydata.com/ to explore the new site. If you sign up for the newsletter, you'll receive 3 years of free data for all 28 pairs, plus a limited-time 80% off coupon during the launch phase. This reduces the price to just 799€ (+VAT, if applicable).

Whether you're a seasoned algorithmic trader or just starting, I believe this resource will elevate your trading as it has mine. Say goodbye to the frustrations of dealing with subpar data from Dukascopy, and let's get back to what we love - crafting powerful algorithms!

I'm here to answer any questions you may have. Here's to a prosperous 2024!

Best regards,

Lorenz (geektrader)

Re: Forex History Data Starting from 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, Free Updates

Hey guys,

just wanted to drop in with a HUGE update for my Forex historical data project over at https://www.forexhistorydata.com. If you grabbed the dataset a while back, you probably know it’s already pretty darn good, but this latest release is on another level.

Quick rundown:

• Filled way more gaps: Over 1.5 MILLION minutes across every pair, which breaks down to 26,446 hours, 1,102 days, or roughly 3 years of continuous data improvement. Some pairs got 100,000+ minutes of new data. Check at the end of this post for exact numbers.

• No crappy interpolation: Only real new M1 bars from several newly licensed high-quality sources have been used for gap-filling (thank you, early clients!)

• Corrected old timeshifts: I went full detective mode, manually verifying historical forex events to nail down the correct shifts.

• Even better quality: New ML models, Dynamic Time Warping… obsessed with making this even more pristine as I´ve been for the last decade already.

Oh, and a reminder: If you signed up for the newsletter a while back, you already have access to 3 years’ worth of free data (same quality as the full set) on all 28 pairs. This update applies to that too and you can re-download it or grab it fresh by signing up for the newsletter.

Geeking out (how could I not!): Been playing with some fancy stuff to squeeze out every last drop of accuracy. Machine learning for outlier detection, even using Dynamic Time Warping… trust me, this is getting crazily detailed. Oh and thanks for sharing some seriously impressive results from you guys using the data to improve your strategy development – I´ve also got new ones cooking live soon. Keep them coming…

The bottom line: Download this update if you haven’t already. No matter how long you’ve been trading, good data is non-negotiable and is the foundation of any (serious) strategy development if you want to go above and beyond Dukascopy. As usual, it’s in your client area as a free update. (Or get on the newsletter if you’re new and want to test-drive it too).

Oh, and as always – hit me up with ANY questions about the data, how to use it with EA Studio / Forex Strategy Builder, whatever. Love helping out.

Cheers, and green trading!

Lorenz (geektrader)

P.S.: As promised, here’s a quick rundown of the filled 1-minute gaps for each pair:
– AUDCAD = 32,177
– AUDCHF = 32,425
– AUDJPY = 26,156
– AUDNZD = 63,857
– AUDUSD = 36,994
– CADCHF = 43,164
– CADJPY = 30,383
– CHFJPY = 25,691
– EURAUD = 24,847
– EURCAD = 29,086
– EURCHF = 48,184
– EURGBP = 31,491
– EURJPY = 25,151
– EURNZD = 122,032
– EURUSD = 33,630
– GBPAUD = 24,023
– GBPCAD = 28,441
– GBPCHF = 31,335
– GBPJPY = 26,200
– GBPNZD = 122,290
– GBPUSD = 30,841
– NZDCAD = 111,228
– NZDCHF = 152,531
– NZDJPY = 58,889
– NZDUSD = 263,144
– USDCAD = 45,308
– USDCHF = 54,373
– USDJPY = 32,906

P.P.S. I hear there might not be many spots left for the early bird discount… might be worth checking out sooner rather than later...

I sent you a private message please if you can answer me. This is about my request here in the forum. Thank you very much
https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/9699/oil-historical-forex-rates-every-pips-the-market-moves/

4 (edited by geektrader 2024-06-13 08:55:19)

Hey everyone,

You know how passionate I am about accurate Forex data, and how it can make or break your trading. Well, things have been getting REALLY interesting over at ForexHistoryData.com lately... It's also been a while since I last posted here — my apologies for that! I've been heads-down in the data trenches, building out the company, and haven't come up for air in a while. (Thankfully, my amazing wife keeps our fridge stocked.)

Anyway, I recently implemented a HUGE update to my dataset – I added over 3 YEARS' worth (1,586,777) of missing 1-minute data points across all 28 pairs, adjusted some pesky timeshift errors (everything is EST+7 throughout now!), and used machine learning and dynamic time warping to boost the accuracy to a verifiable 99.3% (the report can be found on my site).

Let's just say some of the "big data" providers weren't exactly sending me congratulatory emails. In fact, a few of them seemed a little... panicked might be the right word. ;-)

Here's the thing: This level of data quality literally costs a fortune. You know those big data guys charging €94,625+ for their datasets? Yeah, they don't even bother giving you a quality report to back up their claims! I'm still committed to making it accessible to everyday traders — for as long as I can. That's why it's been priced at a massive discount since its launch.

However, with these massive quality improvements (and some "encouragement" from those "certain parties"), I'm going to have to raise the price to €1,599 in just 9 days.

For those who want the full scoop, I'm sending out a 9-day email series starting TODAY. I'll be pulling back the curtain on the Forex (data) industry, revealing some hard-won secrets from my 15-year trading journey, and sharing what REALLY makes this data different.

If you're interested in the full story (and maybe snagging the last chance to get this dataset at the launch discount), sign up for the email series using the opt-in form at the top of my site:

https://www.forexhistorydata.com

It'd be my pleasure.

See you,

Lorenz

P.S.: Full disclosure, I hired a professional copywriting agency to help me with the marketing this time around. So if the emails or my website sound a bit... enthusiastic... that’s on them! :-) I figured I'd leave the marketing to the pros and focus on what I love the most: data!

P.P.S.: My wife says this video is more exciting than watching paint dry... (She's being generous. LOL): https://youtu.be/Ofk1kJdlK2c

5 (edited by geektrader 2024-06-19 07:21:37)

Hey everyone,

Lorenz here, and I'm back with some thrilling case studies that I just couldn't wait to share with you all!

First off, I’m beyond excited to introduce you to a success story that perfectly captures the power of my dataset.

Meet Ben D., a professional fund manager from Canada, who's been absolutely killing it with his SUG fund on Darwinex.

Ben manages over $660,834 in assets from 117 investors. He’s been actively trading since 2007, and like many of us, he was once struggling with subpar data.

Last year, Ben took the plunge with my dataset, optimized for a staggering 99.3% accuracy, and it’s been a game-changer for him.

Ben's testimonial says it all:

Hey everyone. I've been trading actively since 2007 and now manage the SUG fund over at Darwinex. As you all know, trading is a data-driven game, and the more clean data I have, the better.

A big, accurate dataset gives me way more confidence when making decisions. ForexHistoryData.com has been a game-changer – their forex data is super easy to set up, their instructions are clear, and support is fast.

This service has definitely improved my trading game, especially compared to when I just used the standard Dukascopy data.

Here’s a snapshot of his impressive SUG fund performance:

https://assets.forexhistorydata.com/images/various/sug-fund.webp

Now, let’s talk about the power of nearly FOUR DECADES of historical data on 28 pairs (21+ years for the 7 NZD pairs).

David King from Australia, another one of my clients, recently shared a phenomenal GBPUSD strategy developed using my extensive dataset in EA Studio:

https://assets.forexhistorydata.com/images/various/davids-strategy-GBPUSD.webp

With a mere 33-pip stop loss, it demonstrates a 99.63% straightness of the equity curve and a return/drawdown ratio of 68.

These aren’t just numbers – they’re the hallmark of resilient, battle-tested strategies.

And here’s the kicker – this GBPUSD strategy is so robust because it was built on SO much data, that it even works across several other currency pairs with only minor adjustments to the stop loss:

https://assets.forexhistorydata.com/images/various/davids-strategy-CADCHF.webp

https://assets.forexhistorydata.com/images/various/davids-strategy-EURUSD.webp

https://assets.forexhistorydata.com/images/various/davids-strategy-USDCAD.webp

https://assets.forexhistorydata.com/images/various/davids-strategy-USDCHF.webp

This is what David revealed to me:

"The depth of your dataset has been a game-changer for my strategy development. I've uncovered consistent patterns that span over 30 years across different currency pairs. My new strategies aren't just built on a snapshot anymore, they work across changing market conditions."

Imagine the thousands of similar robust strategies YOU could build with access to such detailed, deep, and clean data.

Access to 37+ years of 99.3% accurate historical data spanning 28 currency pairs (21+ years for 7 NZD pairs) can drastically elevate your strategy development too.

But here's the kicker:

I’m on the brink of a price increase because the established data providers are putting some enormous pressure on me to increase my prices (think €94,625+).

So the current launch discount of €999 (+VAT) is about to jump to €1,599 in just 4 days (22. June 2024).

If you've been on the fence, now's the time to act.

And to sweeten the deal, I also offer a 365-day money-back guarantee during this sale.

You've heard that right.

Put my data through its paces for a full year. If it doesn’t revolutionize your trading, you get it for FREE.

Stay ahead of the curve and transform your trading with historical Forex data that’s a cut above the rest.

As always, shoot me any questions you have. Let's keep pushing those stop losses tight and striving for green trades!

Cheers,

Lorenz

P.S. Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter on ForexHistoryData.com to grab 3 years from my dataset completely FREE and to gain more insider tips and strategies directly from my 15-year journey in the Forex market.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Your Announcements → Forex History Data Starting from 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, Free Updates