forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Express Generator → Exit on Take Profit Only

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Exit on Take Profit Only

Is it possible to generate strategies that do not use exit indicators and only exit on take profit?  The .ini file, under "Indicators used by the Generator", has a field "ind_do_not_exit" which I have marked True.  However, I still get exits by indicators.

Does anyone know a way to generate strategies in Express-Generator that only exit on TPs?

Re: Exit on Take Profit Only

coronado5000 wrote:

Is it possible to generate strategies that do not use exit indicators and only exit on take profit?  The .ini file, under "Indicators used by the Generator", has a field "ind_do_not_exit" which I have marked True.  However, I still get exits by indicators.

Does anyone know a way to generate strategies in Express-Generator that only exit on TPs?

I've never tried it, but what if you set max_exit_slots = 0 in your .ini file? I have no idea what that would do, but maybe worth a shot.

Yes I had already tried that, it does not work.

coronado5000 wrote:

Yes I had already tried that, it does not work.

Figured it was worth trying...

coronado5000 wrote:

you have to use only DO NOT EXIT indicator for the exit indicator so it will only close when TP hit.

Zero exit indicators mean the strategies will close at the next Bar Open.
We need the "Do not Exit" indicator to prevent the indicators from closing the positions.
Unfortunately, there is no wat to preset it in the current Express Generator release.

Thank you for the response Popov, this would be a wish list item for me.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Express Generator → Exit on Take Profit Only